[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what calorie tracker do you guys use? i used to use myplate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: cooked-chicken-breast.jpg (35 KB, 439x273) Image search: [Google]
cooked-chicken-breast.jpg
35 KB, 439x273
what calorie tracker do you guys use?

i used to use myplate but now i want to change. suggestions?
>>
>>36417515
I use myfitnesspal but it annoys me, but it has the biggest database of all I've tried.

Bf uses chronometer, but on the computer. App is paid, I think
>>
Microsoft Excel. Reliable as fuck.
>>
>>36417532
why does it annoy you? i find the ads they added in myplate are annoying as shit. stopped updating the app, but then it stopped syncing to their servers and i can't change age/height

>>36417535
i am strongly considering it
>>
>>36417515
I use Cron-O-Meter online. You can see if you're getting all your vitamins and minerals as well as how many calories you're eat, fat, protein, etc. It's pretty cool.
>>
>>36417515
Digital Scale
+
Pen & Paper
+
CalorieKing
>>
>>36417550

only downside is that you can't really eat out. what i do is plan it in advance and call it a cheat day. i don't lift for a living so it's whatever.
>>
>>36417552
>>36417532

cron-o-meter seems ok but apparently it has very few foods in the database. opinions?

>>36417561
i don't really care about macros, just wanted kcal really. how complex would that turn out to be?
>>
>>36417550
I find the UI is annoying at times. I also want to change my macros by grams and not percentage, but that's a premium feature.

The premium is like $50/yr, fuck that.

>>36417532
cronometer*
>>
>>36417578
If you don't care about macros, go myfitnesspal.

Big database, not too bad in general.
>>
>>36417578

easy as shit then. you don't even need to log them just set your daily goal on your phone calculator and substract everything you need as you eat it.
>>
File: 1434492067825.jpg (66 KB, 650x364) Image search: [Google]
1434492067825.jpg
66 KB, 650x364
>>36417532
Yeah, I'm actually really pleased with MFP. It's got Australian foods, which is fucking rare. Most of these apps are American-only.

>an Anon in an earlier thread mentioned how MFP posts always sound like sales pitches
>I can actually kinda see it now
>mfw
>>
>>36417636
>>36417598
>>36417591

mfp has so many fucking ads though
>>
>>36417773
I've seen one ad in the month or so I've been using it. They're not THAT common.

Or maybe mine's just buggy. Either way though it's good for me.
>>
>>36417792

i opened up the app after downloading it, one ad right under 'breakfast'. switched to a different page, another ad.

i think pen+paper is the way to go :/
>>
I am currently happy with the fitbit website.
>>
I use common sense.
>>
Lose it is ad free and database is pretty nice
>>
The back of the package and my memory
>>
>>36418061
My mom just used that to lose about 50lbs so I second it.
>>
>>36417636
I just tried using MFP then and it was bullshit. You can't enter you're own macros in grams and it gives you it's own calories. I can see how it's good for people who don't know what they're doing but if you already have a set goal it's fucked

Does anyone know of any app where you can just log your macros and what you eat and has a similar database?
>>
>>36417515
Www.google.com + food labels + brain
>>
>>36417578
>but apparently it has very few foods in the database.
It has like the full USDA database. ASFAIK It has every ingredient. The only thing missing would probably be obscure pre-packaged stuff which is pointless to eat if you're tracking.
>>
>>36417591
I signed up for the premium feature. Literally all it does it save you 2 seconds from pulling out a calculator. It just divides the grams into the total calories & comes up with a percent. The "grams" will still change if you change your calorie goals, making the whole feature pointless. I made them refund them & switched to cronometer senpai.
>>
File: Lose it.png (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lose it.png
189 KB, 1920x1080
Lol at you fucking peasants not using lose it for weight tracking.
>>
>>36418490
Hi grandpa. I didn't know you lifted? Or were alive for that matter? How's Mozart doing these days?
>>
>>36418490
this. easiest way is to memorize the calories in your typical portions based on their packaging, then build meals based on the calories.

It might take a couple weeks, but eventually you can look in your fridge/pantry and just know how many calories a portion of each item is. "Im gonna make a sandwich, thats 160cal for 2 slices bread, 80 calories per slice of cheese, 100 cal for a portion of butter, 40 cal per slice of salami, etc."
>>
File: Lose it 2.png (95 KB, 1629x574) Image search: [Google]
Lose it 2.png
95 KB, 1629x574
>>36418524
Brb gigantic database of every food under the sun.
Brb can create custom foods.
Brb can change unit of measure at will.

Myfitnesspal is garbage in comparison.
>>
File: food-calories-matrix.jpg (35 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
food-calories-matrix.jpg
35 KB, 600x400
>>36418544
>>
>>36417515
i google the calories and protein of the food i eat and insert those into an excel file in the portion size i usually eat them in.

now i just go there and type in how many portions i ate of a certain thing.
>>
>>36418321
Not true
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.