[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What program should I be on for some skin gains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160317_093555648.jpg (554 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160317_093555648.jpg
554 KB, 960x1280
What program should I be on for some skin gains?
>>
Retinoid X failure

Really go to a dermatologist. Ask about getting a retinoid & you look like you might benefit from Duac (or that might be over kill depending on the rest of your skin)

Don't pop them & also use moisturizer to prevent scarring
>>
>>36417434
Veganism

I used to be a zitface, like one of those fuckers that had cheeks that were like one giant zit made of smaller zits... went vegan, now I have baby smooth skin minus a few acne scars like one small one on my forehead and another small one near my eye.
>>
Not the OP, but uh... what about saunas or steam rooms?
>>
>>36417434
ss + silk + boku no pico
>>
>>36417661

saunas are literally godtier. don't know if it helps with acne but your skin will be smooth as silk in no time.
>>
Is it true that fatty foods are bad for the skin? I don't eat much unhealthy saturated fats, but a lot of my calories come from almonds and peanut butter. Do I need to change my diet?
>>
>>36417434
Towel on your pillow and apply medical lotion daily.

>>36417689
Yes. No. Wash your hands.
>>
>>36417762
/thread
>>
I know someone who tried Accutane and it really cleared up their skin.
>>
shave/10
>>
1x7 new pillow case each night
1x2L water per day
0x0 milk
>>
>>36417434

Dermaroller is the only thing that actually works.

Creams are fucking bullsht
>>
>>36419979
Surprisingly, this.
My skin cleared up pretty well after I changed the way I shave.
Get a safety razor/straight razor depending on how willing you are to cut yourself, badger hair brush, shave soap and bowl, and alum block. It'll fix your shit up quick.
>>
>wash face with soap
>shower daily
>go outside, vitamin D nigga
>keep your facial hair clean or shave it off
>swimming in salt water
all of this will work unless you're genetically fucked.
>>
Make sure you take vitamin D if you don't get much sunlight.

Wash your face as soon as you start to feel it get greasy, for some people with shit genetics they might have to do this 4+ times a day.

>>36417566
I was vegan for years and still had bad acne.
>>
>>36420281
>2L
Holy shit i would dry to death.
>>
>>36422656
Do not use hand soap on your face, it will strip too many oils and your body will over produce them again to compensate. If your face feels dry and taut, it shouldnt. Use a gentle cleanser and then a non-comedogenic moisturizer.
>>
Anyone got general skin care tips other than stay clean and get vitamin D? You know, not related to acne.
>>
>>36423612
Wash with cold water, change pillowcases often.
>>
>>36423612
Moisturize & sunscreen everyday even if you're not going into the sun
>>
>>36417689
> unhealthy saturated fats

Oh boy
>>
>>36417434
Coming from someone that has been wrestling acne and atopic eczema for most of his life: 95% of the advice you get here relating to skin health is broscience.

Getting a tan and drinking enough water are the two best things you can do to your skin health. Sauna is also very good if you have one available. Most food and supplement recommendations are usually complete bullshit and/or don't work for most of people.
>>
Not sure if any anons still lurking, I had problems with acne in my teens but 5years after being zit free I went full breakout mode (ironically right after I scored a gf).
Get a fash wash with salicylic acid and use it every morning and night. Also apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening before bed on your problem areas. Your skin might redden a bit but you will get a tolerance as long as you're not applying stupid amounts of the stuff.

If you get too flakey or red use a non-comedogenic moisturiser in the day. A lot of moisturisers are actually very pore blocking.

About 8-10weeks later is was pretty much all gone. Now I do a maintenance wash in the morning and don't bother with benzoyl much anymore.
>>
>>36420685
Does this shit hurt?
>>
My acne went away as soon as I added carrots to my diet.
>>
Take a fucking shower

And rub the soap on your face

And quit being a faggot teenager
>>
File: thin gains.png (402 KB, 1067x623) Image search: [Google]
thin gains.png
402 KB, 1067x623
>>36424469
>Sauna is also very good if you have one available.
Can't I just lock myself in the room with the PC running a game on max settings?
>>
File: 1363328558754.jpg (24 KB, 542x800) Image search: [Google]
1363328558754.jpg
24 KB, 542x800
>>36417434
>tfw I have cysts and nodules

I have a dermatology appointment on tuesday and I'm hoping to get accutane, but it looks like my acne is onto me because it's trying to recede; no doubt temporarily.

That being said, aloe vera moisturizer seems to help my skin and gets rid of dark spots left when the zits go away. The best thing I've ever done for my skin was probably eating fuck tons of spinach though. Like no joke, go grab a bag at walmart and eat it in a day or two. You'll notice that your skin looks softer and after showering zits seem to unclog their pores with a tine amount of pressure, which gets rid of them like instantly. You might also notice your acne itching more and weird sharp pains in the occasionally like I do though.
>>
>>36424469
Coming from someone that had severe cystic acne all over my body, I find that diet can actually make a huge difference.
The thing about acne though is that it's mostly genetics. Cutting out dairy for me helped a ton, but there's no guarantee the same will be true for you.

Now, the thing about changing pillowcases and all that stuff didn't change a thing personally. Hygiene was never the problem for me.
>>
go to a dermatologist bro, the only thing that will really clear your skin up is antibiotics or accutane, or something that only can be prescribed to you by a dermatologist

you will most likely be prescribed antibiotics and tretinoin gel the first time you go and if that works - good 4 u, if not and your acne is bad you might be able to get your hands on some dat dere accutane

anyway like the guy said most advice you will get is legit shit and wont help you long term but just dont spend any time fucking around trying 10 different products, creams etc that you purchased on amazon because the only stuff that can really help is a moisturizer, AHA, BP and salycic acid

apart from that you just need to get shit from your dermatologist and its ez pz from on there
>>
Stop consuming so much dairy (especially milk) you gross cunt.
>>
Accutane is steroids for acne.
>>
Water. Water works fucking wonders for your skin man I'm telling you. About two months ago my face looked like shit, then I cut down my sugar intake and drank at least a liter of water a day, and that's how you do it. Now my skin looks much better.
>>
>>36417434
>>36419950
I'm a month and a half into accutane and my face looks great, but I got it mainly for my back which still looks gross, but I've got 5 more months of this stuff. It really dries you out but I wash may face with cetaphil and and then moisturize with anti pore clogging moisturizer and I look so much better than I did a month ago. Also it just feels fantastic to have a clean soft face, I ain't ever going back.
>>
>>36428883
This, stop eating like shit to stop looking like shit.
>>
Piss off mom scientists, drinking more water and cutting diary doesn't help.
>>
>>36428883
But I need a gallon of it every day
>>
>>36428985
>>36429108
Shit works, I have 5 weeks left. The dryness and the feel of full-face razor burn is pretty annoying, but beats acne.
>>
Every night put a fresh towel on top of your pillow to absorb and rub off excess skin oil, dramatically cuts down on spots. Also, wash your sheets at least once a week.
>>
>>36417434
You should start by changing your pillow case at least once a week.

2. After your hot shower, if you don't do cold, shave. If you hair doesn't do "against the grain", then don't do it.

3. Take a minute to wash your face everyday

4. Wash your pillow too.

5. Don't get so stressed.
>>
>>36422245
>>36419979
These.

Shaving clears your face of the top layer of dead skin and encourages new skin growth
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.