[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I just get some encouragement? I have a binge eating disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-22-46-16.png (287 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-22-46-16.png
287 KB, 540x960
Can I just get some encouragement? I have a binge eating disorder and it's the only thing stopping me from progress. It's ruining my life.
>>
>>36417376
you rack a disiprine
>>
>>36417376
The Vikings valued death in battle, unending determination and refusal of surrender.

You won't surrender, together we'll die in battle.
>>
Eat less
>>
weh weh I can't stop eating IT'S A DISORDER SHITLORD
>>
>>36417376
Got any more /fit/ recipies?
>>
Post recipes instead of eating

problem solved
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-10-17-53-31.png (342 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-10-17-53-31.png
342 KB, 540x960
(OP) And I get that. I also get that I sound winy or whatever however simply eating less is not quite as simple unfortunately, whenever I feel stressed out or anxious, that's my go to. It's a cycle that's difficult to resist. Neurologically speaking there are patterns in the brain and I have created a solid one. I'm wondering how to change back to when I was in good shape. It was about 6 years ago before I got sick. And now I eat for comfort instead of working out like I should be.
>>
>>36417407
yeah just stop eating pham it won't kill you, you're just weak

>captcha: waffles
not today gains goblin
>>
File: 1448192703145.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448192703145.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>36417376
>binge eating disorder
>>
Seek help from a psychologist etc.
Don't have anything unhealthy in your house. You can binge eat vegetables and other low-calorie foods quite safely.
>>
File: 20160316_222423.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160316_222423.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
I know it won't kill me. The exact opposite actually. Honestly posting shit like this and having some brutal honestly thrown back at me is awesome motivation. Reminds me that my problem is something that others see as not a big deal at all, so maybe I can get there too? Pic related, food I made earlier. Pad thai with shrimp.
>>
>>36417482
Finish it and relish in the fact that you're fucking done eating for the next 4 hours. Be proud
>>
>>36417482
>chop sticks

Hey now no need to get all gay on me
>>
>>36417376

you can do it niggah
I got binge disorder too
Ive lost 70 pounds in the last couple years
On a good streak havent binged in couple months now
just keep going even if you slip from time to time
>>
>>36417376
when you binge, binge on air popped pop corn no butter, no salt. get out out of the way all day, whatever then get back to your cut
>>
>>36417376
Stop relying on and asking for encouragement and deal with your problem.

Every fucking time on this board.

>>36417441
>It was about 6 years ago before I got sick. And now I eat for comfort instead of working out like I should be.
I think it's safe to say your thought process and mental acrobatics are what's sabotaging you and making you feel like shit.

Stop focusing on what you should and shouldn't be doing, or asking for encouragement, or beating yourself up because you ate something and start setting realistic attainable targets and working towards them like a logical rational human being.

Fucking Jesus, it's only complicated when you begin to complicate it.

I'm personally losing tons of bodyfat at the moment and I've been working out every 2 days for the past 3 months now. I've tried and failed quite a few different things, some from /fit/, some elsewhere. For what it's worth here's what I've learned:

Trying and failing is far more important than knowing and reading and other shit.
Self discipline comes with progress, not before.
Waking up early is important.
Not eating until as late as possible and ideally only eating during a small window of time each day is the easiest method I've found for reducing calories. For me this means waking up at 0500 or whenever, drinking carbonated water and black coffee, working out and then not eating until 1700. I'll only eat if I'm still hungry for maybe another 3 hour window and it wont be a lot. This means that I'm essentially only capable of eating so much, thus making it really easy to restrict my daily intake.
Psyllium husk is a great thing for feeling full.
Eating more vegetables is almost always a good choice.

Good luck with whatever target and outcome you decide on, but until you do you're just going to keep beating yourself up like a faggot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.