[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you guys have a precision cooker? Changed my life, perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: anovaprecisioncooker.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
anovaprecisioncooker.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
Any of you guys have a precision cooker? Changed my life, perfect for cooking meat, eggs, some veggies, and even for reheating frozen food. I'll never go back to cooking chicken breasts in my oven again.
>>
What is this jew shit?
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>36415309
Go to bed Drew.
>>
>>36415394
>>36415399
It's an immersion cooker. Basically you plug it in and set it to the right temperature you'd like throughout your piece of meat (which is what it is best for). Then attach it to a container of water (I just use a stock pot) and once the water is up to temperature you throw in a piece of seasoned meat in a bag (I use a freezer bag) and leave it in there for a little bit (usually like 45min). Comes out perfect every time, although some things you still probably want to sear in a pan for a few seconds like steak.

Probably the best thing is that it cooks in it's own juices, so I don't have to add any oil or anything but also doesn't dry out like it would in the oven.
>>
I cook all my proteins sous vide. However I use a 20$ temperature controller with a 10$ hot plate instead of a 200$ device.
Just an FYI in case anybody was thinking about trying it, you can get into it pretty cheaply
>>
>>36415656
Can you link what you have?
>>
>>36415559
>cooking things in a freezer bag
Enjoy your bitch tits.
>>
fuck the sous vide memes.
>>
File: 20091015crockpot.jpg (24 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
20091015crockpot.jpg
24 KB, 500x371
Crock Pot>everything else

Can cooked almost anything and it's idiot proof. It makes all meat tender and delicious too.

I have two that I keep going. One I usually fill with two pounds of chicken breast. The other I make chili or soup or veggies in. Cubed potatoes with chicken broth in a crock pot are godlike.

Also rice cooker.

>I don't own a stove/oven
>>
>>36416551
There's nothing meme about it
>>
>>36415394
Some evil shit that by the looks of it has you cook all your food in plastic bags. If that is not a jewish plan for emancipation of the western males trough estrogen plastic shit then i don't know. Not falling for it !
>>
Is that safe? You're not even supposed to put hot water in plastic. There's probably tons of bad plastic stuff leeched into your food if you cook that way
>>
>>36416754
pls reply
>>
>>36416510
>>36416754
>>36416773

A) they make BPA free plastic bags now
In fact, non-rigid plastics need lower levels of plasticizers in general.

B) A large meta-review of available evidence found the link between plasticizers (and BPA specifically) and any health problem to be at least much weaker, and possibly unfounded than previous studies had estimated.

C) even going by the most alarming possible results and interpretations, heating one item containing BPA once will not allow for significant BPA leaching.

>>36415309
>>36415559
>>36415656
Sous vide is fantastic. Eggs are especially amazing.
I definitely think one with a circulator is worth it.

>>36416554
No hate for crock pots. I love them. But sous vide is great too.
>>
>>36416883
You're not going to use this machine once and then never again, you shilling Jew. You'd cook with this day in and day out for years, presumably.
>>
>>36416883
>>36416554
I use both. Can't make soup in a sous-vide cooker, but a crock pot can't make a chicken breast that's as perfect as a sous vide cooker.
>>
>>36416892
... the concern is about the plastic bags you cook the food in. Those are one time use.
The parts of the machine itself that touch the water are not plastic.
>>
>>36416931
you nigger, you think that if you use one-time use bags then no plastic is going to leech out? I suppose only your company sells these special bags as well.

Get out and take your jew machine with you
>>
>>36416950
most of the bags don't contain bisphenol-A or phthalates m8. Educate yourself silly nigger
>>
>>36415559
sous vide everything?
it's not for me, I go with grill/smoke up everything.
same concept, but tastier.
>>
>>36416554
Crock pot is a crock of crock.
At least the name sounds nice, but you aren't supposed to leave it on and go away, there's nothing to be gained VS a slow cook on the stove, unless you live in a studio without a stove.
>>
Sous vide is great, I love cooking meat with it. Only problem is being unable to get a nice crust on the meat afterwards, I still haven't got that down yet.

Favorite recipe so far is Alton Brown's lime pork tenderloin; cook that in the marinade for 16 hours and it's the most tender meat I've ever had.
>>
File: sexy space whores.jpg (268 KB, 728x919) Image search: [Google]
sexy space whores.jpg
268 KB, 728x919
Nigga all you need is a cooking pot with a lid and a metal sieve and you can steam all your meals forever.

Then again, of course you can spend your money on stupid shit nobody needs if you want.
>>
>>36418225
>most
jew confirmed
>>
>>36418250
I'm not going to leave my gas stove on for 8hr while I'm at work. Crockpots are great for making food for later and not burning your house down or having to check on it.
>>
>>36418279
Try chilling it for a little bit before you sear it.
>>
>>36415656
>you can get into it pretty cheaply
Can you? I'm really curious, but can't justify $200 - could you throw us some links or even search terms for the setup you have?
>>
>>36415559
this is sous vide right? I might get one of these bad boys. Makin da juicy steaks, brahs.
>>
ITT: people who have zero culinary knowledge and 1 sous vide proponent
>>
Why is there so much backlash

So many dumb poor niggers on this board. It's a one time $100 investment that makes meal prep vastly easier and of course you fucking retards think that you're gonna get estrogen poisoning or some fake shit like that
>>
I married a michigan star chef, everything i have comes out of her office perfectly.
>>
File: image.png (240 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
240 KB, 1536x2048
>>36416580
Fucking lol
Of course the actual cooking method has been around for centuries; nobody is disputing that. In the year of 2016, however, it is absolutely just as much of a cooking meme as sriracha, avocados, or bacon. Of course, all of these are perfectly normal food. Surely, though, you can see how "le trendy le bacon" somehow sneaks into all kinds of discussion and people just won't let it go. "2016-Nuevo-nerd" culture has also adopted bacon memes to the point of having bacon soap, breathmints, and all kinds of other retarded shit.
Go over to /ck/ or just fucking Google sousvide to find out.
See also: pic related
Stop being dumb, anon.
>>
Chef here. These things are legit. The best and busiest kitchens will use these things for temp.

For you crock pot danboys. . You can't cook anything beyond well done in them really, they are good for stews, roasts, curries, soups.. generally sauces. A sous vide is without a doubt one of the best things you can have in a pro kitchen. If it's good enough for us chefs, it's good enough to be used at home.
>>
>>36419863
la dee da
>>
>>36420196
>pls buy the machine
>>
>>36419863
Perhaps u mean michelin star chef?
>>
File: 1440477631288.jpg (57 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
1440477631288.jpg
57 KB, 700x524
This is the thread /g needs but doesn't deserve
>>
Sous vide is fine, but only if you have one that controls for time and temperature and has a circulator.
A sous vide without a circulator kind of sucks and youre better off just cooking whatever normally
>>
>>36418225
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222987/
>>
My best bud and house mate is a sous-chef for one of those elitist restaurants.

I just get that nigga to cook food when he's around half the week. Went crabbing a few months back and ended up with nothing but soft shells, cooked em a few hours later, my god, it was one of the best meals I've ever eaten. Soft shell chill crab, guys. Delish.
>>
>>36416554
bro first of all... gimme some chicken breast crockpot recipe plz that isnt the one with the salsa sauce...
and how long do you make the potatoes?
>>
>>36418963
I have the one in the OP pic from Anova. It is expensive but they do have sales pretty often, I got mine in the fall for like $150 shipped.

I think it is worth the investment, it makes it a lot easier to down protein without getting sick of it.
>>
>>36420301
No
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.