[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the meaning of life /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14
File: meaningoflife.jpg (77 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
meaningoflife.jpg
77 KB, 490x367
What is the meaning of life /fit/?
>>
LIFT
>>
To reproduce and continue the long chain of reproductive success. Other than that, just to be happy without hurting others.
>>
making it

meaning, i mean
>>
>>36413547

I usually just go with 6 or 7.
>>
File: sanic (3).jpg (244 KB, 500x528) Image search: [Google]
sanic (3).jpg
244 KB, 500x528
>>36413547
we live to go fast anon https://youtu.be/3kx2pF-NsEE?t=1m50s
>>
>>36413588
stupid answer
there is no meaning to life, that's just the purpose of organisms
>>
>>36413547
To make Dad proud.
>>
>>36413689
>porpoise of orgasms
>>
>>36413547
To leave humanity behind
>>
>>36413547
To crush your enimies, hear the lamentation of their women, and see them flee before you. That is what's best in life.
>>
>>36413741
/thread
>>
as crazy as it sounds I think the most moral thing to do is minimize suffering
mostly by means of not breeding, aka voluntary human extinction

I don't think there's any meaning
>>
>>36413547
There is no definite answer but I believe its to CONQUER FUCKING SPACE

Aside from that, find God or create our own
>>
>>36413547
Whatever you want it to be
>>
>>36413772
sounds like a bernie voter
>>
>>36413748
This. You win.
>>
>>36413828
lol no, Trump
just a burnt out nihilist
>>
>>36413828
back to /pol/

>>36413772
I think you might be on to something. But this sort of celibacy should be accompanied by an active pursuit for cessation of suffering. This is the motivation for monks to adopt a vow of celibacy - not just because raising kids is hard, but by abstaining from that way of life, you can devote yourself to something else in a way that most people can't.
>>
File: 1427348716465.jpg (60 KB, 600x333) Image search: [Google]
1427348716465.jpg
60 KB, 600x333
Memes
>>
>>36413828
Least he isn't a Hillary voter
> Vote for me because I have a vagina despite I am exactly the status quo of a corrupt, incompetent political class, undecided on gay marriage and other concerns of the democratic electorate and sound like painfully irritated and rehearsed when public speaking

Why anyone likes Hillary is beyond me
>>
>>36413748
Shit, now I need to watch Conan again
>>
File: ll.jpg (135 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
ll.jpg
135 KB, 1000x700
>>36413848
definitely
right now I'm moving onto a full vegan diet, so that's a step towards it
>>
>>36413881
desu i feel the same way.
>>
File: 1456338070334.gif (3 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1456338070334.gif
3 MB, 360x203
>>36413881
Agreed. Hillary and Cruz are the slimiest and their appeal is incomprehensible (Cruz's more than Hillary's).

>>36413895
Interesting. I'm fairly vegan (can't give up gainz juice aka milk so easily) as well. I sometimes question my motivations for not going full monk mode (like, legitimately abandoning society in favor of leading a contemplative life), in the sense that I start thinking that maybe I'm just low test or something.

But observing suffering reveals its roots in ignorance quite plainly, and other than the pursuit of spiritual catharsis, no extroverted acts seem able to touch that basal ignorance.

What's your end-game? Like, where do you see yourself in 10 years if all goes according to plan?

Personally, I'd love to be living in a place with a really low cost of living (hopefully on savings, but I'm not opposed to a part time job) where I can be actively engaged as a student in a formal setting and maintain a regimen of studying scriptures and practicing devotional music for the rest of the day.

But for now I've sold out to salarycuck life to finance said lifestyle and it's a huge source of internal tension and self-doubt.

Your pic related depressed the fuck out of me for some reason haha.
>>
File: 1441813742435.jpg (317 KB, 1426x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441813742435.jpg
317 KB, 1426x1080
>>36413973
not sure on the end-game, there's a lot of stuff I'm passionate about that I want to raise awareness to but most of it is counterculture nonsense

I'm not a very aspirational person, as long as I have the essentials I'm not that bothered, not into consumerism at all

I've got a ton of pics like that if you want more
>>
>>36414016
Oh god. These pics are gold. What are they called? Like is there something I should search if I want to find this category of picture?

Sounds like you want to be Alex Jones or someone like that? I can definitely empathize with wanting a job where you can just be yourself. I think the best way to do that is probably to have enough capital to own your own business or something. It's a struggle, and I wish you the best of luck in finding the best fit for you :)

I guess in the end NEET life is the best life, the only difference is that I feel weird spending parent's money or getting NEETbux so I have to live like a normie until I've saved enough.
>>
File: 9199191 (2).jpg (296 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9199191 (2).jpg
296 KB, 1920x1080
>>36414198
that one is from MDE, Million Dollar Extreme
the first pic is from Tiny Buzz, a branch of BH Ideas

check out the tumblr: http://megacycles.tumblr.com/archive
scroll down a bit and you'll get the idea, they have a fb too, used to be good but kinda inactive now, tbuzz still going strong but the content isn't so hot right now, videos are good though

MDE vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbvSMC7E8IY
>>
>>36413547
Op, the meaning of life is to give your life meaning.
>>
>>36413689
>getting caught up on semantics
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 620x387
>>36413547
Existence itself may be meaningless, or maybe God created everything, and thus he has a plan for everything, giving it meaning. However you want to know the meaning of life. And the meaning of life is to win (survive). That means that the more children you create/successfully raise and the more you give to and help your tribe of humans to survive and excel, the more you will have won at the game of life. Training your mind, body, and spirit is essential to attracting a mate, making healthy children, and aiding/protecting your tribe. So improve yourself, and work for the good of your tribe and family. That's the meaning and goal of life.
>>
Hardcore abusurdism and nihilism or nothing. There is no rational way to examine life. Enjoy it, at least we can hope that this suffering is a joke. What if every tear was laughter? What if this all was a misunderstanding??? idk im getting faggoty
>>
>>36413547
to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women
>>
>>36413547
Fourty-two
>>
>>36413547
>Whole body is working constantly, and autonomously creating new cells, reading and translating DNA, creating concentration gradients so important molecules can get to the right place at the right time, not to mention the whole break down of ATP and all this other shit.
>Essentially body is autonomously working to keep us alive, we consciously cannot stop this at all

Why not live life in a way where all the hard work your body is doing doesn't go to waste by:
>1 caring for your body (staying healthy)
>2 Doing whatever the fuck you want when you want too because you live for no one but yourself
>3 However to keep the world in some sort of order, do whatever you want but don't interfere with others ie dont affect their bodies ability to carry out certain functions (dont kill, rape, bully shit like that)

Although its a good way to think about it, does bring up question of wether we are actually conscious beings.
>>
>>36413748
to bad you fucked up the quote
>>
>>36413547
>>
>>36413547
To experience
>>
>>36414272
These are great. Thanks :)

>>36415060
Is fulfillment in life contingent on attracting a mate, to you?
>>
File: cataphractii.jpg (213 KB, 1599x926) Image search: [Google]
cataphractii.jpg
213 KB, 1599x926
>>36413547
to crush your enemies, see them driven before ou, and hear the lamentations of their women
>>
>>36413748
kek can't quote for shit
>>
Nothing really just something for us to do
>>
The purpose of life is to realise you are God. Perhaps when you finally realise it you can attain liberation from this endless cycle and know the peace of oblivion.
>>
>>36413547
there is no inherent meaning. Even if there were, writ on a stone tablet somewhere by God himself, 'Be fruitful and multiply'... Would you take it face value? Would you accept it as your meaning without reservations and without question?

I wouldn't.

If some purpose is directing us from our genome or from the laws of the universe, well, that is still not the meaning in life, just another shackles to shed.

No, there is no inherent meaning in life, and I wouldn't accept it if there were.

Humans are capable of creating their own purpose, at least in theory.

The three metamorphoses: You are first a desert lion, willing to despise everything. You are then a camel, willing to serve any purpose, to carry any weight, so long as the world makes sense. And finally, you are a laughing baby, capable of creating new meaning, as oases in the desert.

I haven't yet found my meaning, but I'm searching, I've not yet given up. For now, I fight as best as I can.
>>
>>36418105
Hi satan
>>
>>36413689
>M'lady
>>
Living, ya boob.
Goddamnit you babbies want an instructional manual for fucking everything.
Just be. That's it.
>>
File: all was just a prank.jpg (28 KB, 552x634) Image search: [Google]
all was just a prank.jpg
28 KB, 552x634
>>
>>36413547
the meaning of our life is to feed voladores with our energy
>>
To suggest life has any intrinsic meaning is really hermeneutics gone mad. Either you give it a meaning or you don't, and therefore you live without any teleological purpose.
>>
There is no objective meaning to life. Attempting to find inherent meaning in life, and in the universe as a whole is futile, and will only end in yourself facing the absurd.

Subjective meaning can be created though, constantly working toward a goal, or set of goals that fulfills yourself.
>>
>>36418143

Did Nietzsche himself succeed in creating any new values? That bastard moaned about everything, until all that was left to him to uphold was the very idea of the inexhaustible creativity of the human spirit.
>>
>>36413689
Oh sage one, what do you do with your life then?

(checkmate m'lady ;)
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x330
There is no meaning to life. The dumb meatheads who browse this board are seemingly incapable of realinzing his, though, and thus participate in painful, anti-hedonisitic activities under the false notion that their end goals and aspirations are of any true meaning.
>>
>>36418903
No, he did not.
Nietzsche saw himself as a prophet for a new way of being, but did not claim to embody that way of living himself. In his writing it's obvious this causes him some pain, but he is still very proud with his role as prophet for the Superman.
>>
Fuck bitches get money
>>
>>36417393
No. Although that helps my life goals. It's a means to an end, which is passing on my lineage
>>
>>36413547
Creatine
>>
File: quantum jimmies.jpg (717 KB, 941x737) Image search: [Google]
quantum jimmies.jpg
717 KB, 941x737
>>36418960

>he doesn't know what hedonism means
don't worry anon, one day you'll fully understand nihilism and embrace hermeneutic philosophy like the truly ascended
remain an apathetic pleb until then
>>
>>36419002
Solid
>>
Crom
>>
>>36413788
This
>leave humanity behind
>>
>>36419254
only right answer
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.