[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here recovered from a serious back injury and continuted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 763327.jpg (39 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
763327.jpg
39 KB, 600x451
Has anyone here recovered from a serious back injury and continuted to lift heavy? I hurt myself squatting a few months ago, due to not bracing my core and supporting my back. This combined with a pretty extreme butt wink just wrecked my shit. I had daily pain and saw a physician who gave me a rehab program and told me I could go back to squatting and deadlifting once I learned these techniques. Well I have mastered the shit out of them and even added my own, harder variations. Now I only get pain after I've worked my back (light deadlifts and squats atm) but not daily like before. So my question is, has anyone experienced something similar and completely got rid of the pain? Is the pain kind of nescessary when you're trying to strengthen those muscles until you've healed fully? It feels like it's gets worse if I don't workout. I don't want to spend more money so help me brehs.
>>
>>36411831
Stretch and Ice. Make sure to start over on squats and deads. I sit all day so I get some pain with that and lifting but if you ice and stretch properly I didn't have much
>>
basically: once you snap your shit up, there's no unsnapping. never.
>>
>>36411882
NO ICE
>>
What's your warmup routine like? Your situation is nearly the exact same as mine, including a lot of rehab.I warm up by stretching and then 5-10 mins of running to warm the back muscles up. Don't expect to be able to sit down all day then go straight into weightlifting.
>>
>>36411882

Why would ice help a couple of months old injury? What stretches would you recommend? I also sit all day but like I said, it never hurts until after a workout, sometimes even when I didn't even train back or legs.
>>
>>36411928

Can you post your warmup routine please? The rehab program I got was basically just core exercises, like leg lifts and shit and I did these as warmup.
>>
>>36411967
not that guy, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbozu0DPcYI
doing everything except the squat bows. having problems stretching my lower back. also i throw in several reps of a "cobra pose" (google).

i can also recommend "Treat Your Own Back" by Robin McKenzie.
>>
>>36412046
I'll try it out next time. Cobra pose is the shit though. Instant pain relief or at least a reduction every time I do them. Will resort to the book if everything else fails.
>>
>>36411882
>/fit/izens giving advice

jesus fucking christ
>>
And that's why you don't egolift kiddos. How many times does it have to be beaten into your skull? Lower back and shoulder trips to snap city can never be recovered from.
>>
reverse hyper will save your back and your life
>>
I hurt my lower back at work one day pushing something heavy with the outside of my foot. The pain was shooting and went from my back all the way down my leg and was shooting every time I took a breath. It took about a year to heal, but now I can do normal things again.
>>
>>36411831
>Well I have mastered the shit out of them and even added my own, harder variations.

There was your problem. Don't add "harder variations". Your problem was probably a muscle imbalance related strain, those exercises are there to fix it and enough for the job. Adding their variations adds complexity and might be detrimental.

I've seen dozens of people getting serious back injuries and returning. Honestly only thing that is "unfixable" is a spinal injury and even then I've saw an ex Olympic lifter returning to lifting after getting a disk related injury.

Full recovery exist. It just takes time and effort.
>>
I had a very significant muscle tear in my lower back in 2014. It was a week before I could walk, and the pain has never gone away. I got Xrayed, no herniated disc, Dr. said maybe some nerve issues or just scar tissue from the tear.

I take 6 advil+6 tylenol+ 6 aleve daily (2 of each per meal).
It is very, very, very slowly getting better. I used to squat 405 for 5x5 before the injury, and last week, 19 months later, I just got back to 225 5x5 with only mild pain.

I feel a dull ache every second of every day.
You can't ask for the pain to go away. Just try to cope with it better. As long as its not a signal that things are getting worse/makes your life miserable, just power through it.
>>
not exactly the back, but broke one of my occipital condyles. yes, recovered and lifting.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.