[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello everyone. So, I’m looking for ideas for exercises (or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: dumbbell.jpg (3 KB, 168x90) Image search: [Google]
dumbbell.jpg
3 KB, 168x90
Hello everyone.

So, I’m looking for ideas for exercises (or even routines) that I can do in my dorm room. I have access to a single dumbbell and a lot of body weight, haha. I know I can’t do anything substantial with this, but money is an issue and I gotta start somewhere. I’m looking to do as close to full body as I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
You can do curls. Lots of curls
>>
>>36409673
bash yourself in the head until you die you useless fuck
>>
>>36410084

The dumbbell is kinda heavy. Dunno if I'm strong enough (yet) to do this
>>
>>36409673
do bodyweight exercises

pushups, situps, planks, squats, make sure to run to burn off that extra fat, do burpees lots of burpees
>>
Get another dumbbell.
>>
>>36410380

Alright, this is what I was figuring would be the suggestion. Now, the muscle I'd get from doing these would burn off fat because of an increase in my metabolism. So, what do you mean by "burn off that extra fat?" Are you saying because running burns more calories initially, it's short-term rather than long?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 453x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 453x482
>>36410538
>Now, the muscle I'd get from doing these would burn off far because of an increase in my metabolism
What the fuck dude. You clearly have no idea what you're doing so don't spout bro science as if you do.
As much as I don't want to help you here's a solid program you can do with no equipment but a pull up bar (a single dumb bell of apparently unknown weight is not gonna be of much use)
3xf push-ups
3xf sit-ups
3xf chin-ups
3xf body weight sit-ups
Every other day. On rest days run a couple miles. Increase your protein intake. You're not gonna see amazing results but starting from 0 this should help.
>>
>>36410643
Meant to say body weight squats for the last one.
>>
Shouldn't you have a school gym? Don't tell me you're too much of a pussy to use it.
>>
File: 1390757502290.jpg (3 MB, 3773x4000) Image search: [Google]
1390757502290.jpg
3 MB, 3773x4000
>>36410643
Pretty much this.

OP could also read the sticky.
>>
>>36410643

Thank you. I guess I should do more research. From my understanding, muscle burns more calories than fat, which I thought this means your metabolism rate increases
>>
Also, the dumbbell is 20lbs + bar, and I have another 10lbs I could add to it
>>
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
Here's an exercise. First you bend over and pick up the dumbbell, then you put it down, walk outside, and sign up for the campus gym.
>>
>>36409673
>curls
>shoulder press
>pushups
>goblet squat
>pull ups with added weight
it's a start
>>
>>36410705

Anyone have experience doing this? I'd need to find something for the pull-ups, but it seems doable
>>
>>36411258
You can buy a pullup bar at walmart for like 10 bucks.
>>
>>36410387
This! You need two for efficiency, OP. Then go here http://www.dumbbell-exercises.com/ I've been doing dumbbell routines at home since new years, enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>36411539
Have you got any results? What do you do for triceps?
>>
>>36411539

woops. Just saw the link
>>
>>36411696
>What do you do for triceps?
SAGE
ABANDONED THREAD
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.