[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/, i am in dire need of your help. i've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
Hello /fit/, i am in dire need of your help.

i've heard all the stories of how to lose weight, i've tried a few times, but to no avail.

Teach me /fit/ teach me how. i'm like 330 pounds. How do i lose weight, what do i eat.
I don't even know how to properly feed myself in the morning. All we eat is bread, cheese, peanutbutter and chocolate spread.

biggest joke of all is that my preferred method of exercise is DDR. i'm so secluded that i like to dance in the basement, shaking my ass to 80's - 90's music...
>>
Read the FAQ.
>>
How about you read the fucking sticky?
>>
Read the sticky
>>
>>36405850
>>36405855
>>36405866

i did, i was just looking for some personal advice and encouragement
>>
>>36405873
Just fucking do it, lardass, we're all gonna make it. Throw all the junk food away, get a gym membership, get your shit together and come back in 6 months with pics.
>>
>>36405873
>>36405887
Oh and you obviously didn't read the sticky enough, read it again fag.
>>
Don't concentrate on exercise. You are so fucking fat that doing anything will ruin your body. Don't even think about running, you're only gonna hurt yourself. Learn about nutrition and start getting into a cooking habit. Start off with freezed veggies and throw a few eggs on top. Do this one fucking thing. Cook a healthy big meal every day. You will soon be unable to eat the shit you're currently eating.
>>
>>36405873

>personal advice
lift more, eat less

>encouragement
you are 330 fucking pounds! what more do you need for encouragement?
>>
>>36405842
nigger holy fuck
youre 330 do it pussy
read the sticky and fucking do it
otherwise youre no better than the rest of the lardasses
>>
>>36405842

I don't like these threads because you're just trying to put it out of your hands. The whole "I don't know how to lose weight" act.

You know how to lose weight. Everyone does. Eat less shit. Exercise more. No one anyone says here is going to magically make it easier.

Best of luck with everything.
>>
>>36406003
funny thing is, i my body fat isnt like all over the place. i can exercise plenty. Obviously the shit i eat is the problem, and i understand that.

i should learn how to cook, but it hardly clicks with me. all i know is how to make some killer scrambled eggs.

so what exactly do you mean with freezed veggies? i thought you werent supposed to even refrigerate them
>>
>>36406053
How fucking hard is it to boil some potatoes/rice make some meat and then some broccoli? This along with training three times a week
>>
Stick to a calorie deficit (~500 below BMR) think of it as your allowence for food every day. For example you get to eat 1500 betabucks worth of calories and each calorie costs 1 betabuck.

Don't go overspending.
>>
>>36406053

>killer scrambled eggs

so butter and cheese with some eggs added to it?
>>
>>36406053

frozen veggies are just as healthy as fresh veggies. often frozen veggies are more healthy than veggies purchased out of season.
>>
>>36405842
be in pain, be in constant pain for months as you feel as if your own stomach is eating away at your body, accept this. this pain is your fat flowing away from your body.

do the psfm diet. look for what you want to eat within these 800 cals and eat that for months, at the same times every day, the best way is to only eat 1 time a day and the same meal every time.
this is because you lack the willpower to eat moderately, you need to have clear utter and unmovable boundaries.

i would suggest a meal consisting of 300g of chicken breasts plus vitamins between 17:00 and 18:30. this is what you are allowed there is no discussion with yourself.

i repeat, you are weak and if you lack clear rules you will fail.

if you ever think to yourself, just one bite cant hurt. you will look at the rules.

1. is it between 17:00 and 18:30 ?
is not then why are you asking this question? you are not allowed to eat outside this time frame, you are not allowed to put anything in your mouth outside of this time frame.

2 drink water, (it goes without saying that all you will drink in these months is water, nothing else)
>>
>>36405842

>what do i eat.

Eat whatever you eat, just eat less of it. Spend the 30 seconds it takes to find out the calorie content and add it up so you don't go over your TDEE.
>>
>>36406120
yeah i was making a joke. just use sunflower oil

>>36406130
i think thats a tad too extreme for me. i'm under a lot of pressure already. yes yes im making excuses i know, but i dont feel i can go all out.
>>
>>36406178
then do the exact same thing i said as in the post.

make a meal and eat it at the same times every day (i would say lunch and dinner). eat the same shit every day.

and eat like 1500 cals a day. the same meal the same times, only water.
>>
>>36406053
>i should learn how to cook, but it hardly clicks with me
You're making it too hard for yourself. You're looking at the entire fucking thing and then you have an unclimbable wall. There's nothing to click. It's not like understanding maths when you suddenly figure out how to do it. Look around for 5 healthy recipes with stuff you know you like, the more simple the better. Start cooking one of them, if you feel like it, do the second one and so on. Learning to cook is a process, not something you can pick up just like that. Eating healthy is incredibly easy, you don't need to be a master chef. I recommend frozen veggies because they are cheap, easy to store, don't go bad for a long time, you can easily adjust the size of the meals instead of having to use all of it and you usually don't have to do a lot of cutting work to get them into a shape, you can use them in. It's a starting point for beginners, don't overcomplicate things for yourself. When starting off, just make sure you're cooking once a day, no matter how fucking simple it is. At some point you're gonna find you will start abstracting the recipes and you're starting to improvise and it's going to be fun to cook. It's all about habit.
>>
>>36406178

why do you people come here asking for help and disregard everything we tell you? do you think any of us got fit by anything other than hard work and determination? you think we have some magic formula where you can eat what you want, as much as you want, do nothing, and suddenly be a muscular god?

your whole life has been spent making excuses, and all it got you was to 330 pounds. quit making excuses and do something about it, or fucking leave.
>>
>>36406178
Fuck off you fat fuck.
>>
File: fucking hell captcha.png (502 KB, 808x478) Image search: [Google]
fucking hell captcha.png
502 KB, 808x478
>>36406233
You're asking of me to climb the equivalent of Mt. Everest, at least that's how you're telling it, and you expect me to just go 'yeah ok'?

>>36406227
Alright, i'm getting the idea. Basically i should be sticking to 2 meals a day, that i myself can personally cook up.
>>
File: beforeafter.jpg (2 MB, 3520x5120) Image search: [Google]
beforeafter.jpg
2 MB, 3520x5120
>>36405842
I was at 350 lbs on April 30, 2015. The after pic is me in December. I'm even more lean now. It's called discipline. You aren't born with it, you slowly develop it. Quit being you for awhile because it obviously isn't working. WORK HARD AND DEDICATE YOURSELF.
>>
>>36406290
tell me what you did, not your petty words
>>
>>36405842
read the fucking sticky, this is your responsibility, not ours
>>
>>36406282

i'm not the guy who wrote that, but everything we suggest is too hard, too complicated, it's easier for you to just keep doing what you are doing until someone hands you the magic formula.

you're right though, we expect you to climb mt. everest. we expect you to do the hardest thing you have ever done in your life. but that's why you came here. it isn't impossible. many have accomplished what you see as impossible. there is no gondola ride to the top. there is no easy way to get what you want. you either do it, or you can go be fat somewhere else.
>>
>>36406301
>tell me what you did, not your petty words
You are an entitled fat fuck aren't you?
>>
>>36406301
I read the sticky, ate better food and worked out. Choose what you like. You'll learn along they way. I started by cutting out snacks and sticking to 3 meals a day for my first month. For exercise I walked 30 minutes Mon-Fri. Slowly you will build healthier habits.
>>
>>36406301

wow. you are truly pathetic. this man >>36406290
climbed Mt. Everest. he worked hard, ate less, and got what he wanted. how can you not understand this? you need to stop being a baby and man the fuck up.
>>
>>36406301
What the hell do you think he did, bud
>>
whatever you do guys, don't tell him about the magic system that lets us lose weight and build muscles while we sit on the couch all day eating pizza and cake while drinking soda and frappuccinos.
>>
>>36406282
>Basically i should be sticking to 2 meals a day, that i myself can personally cook up.
It depends. You can meal prep by cooking a ton of stuff on weekends and freeze it for later use. You can cook huge meals every other day and put the rest into the refrigerator and when it's gone, cook the next thing. What kind of thing you do is arbitrary and up to what your schedule allows and just personal preference, but you should stick to doing a certain thing. Just eating your self cooked meals is a good idea, but be aware people will try to sabotage you with shit and your diet is so fucking bad you will already improve a lot by having one good meal a day. Don't try to do everything at once. First cook. If you're doing that for a few weeks, you can see if you will be able to limit yourself to that. At some point, you're gonna get disgusted by what you used to eat anyway, because your body actually notices what's good for you.
>>
>>36406310
>>36406325
>>36406327

can you tell me how to properly communicate with you guys? i can't quite get a reading.
>>
>>36406355
Kill yourself fatty, can you read that?
T.ex fat
>>
File: 1436409382274.jpg (140 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1436409382274.jpg
140 KB, 640x720
READ THE FUCKING STICKY

>You get in shape, and more importantly stay in shape, by accumulating significant, but livable, improvements to your lifestyle over time, and building on that. Not by going through some horrible ordeal requiring Olympian willpower.
>>
>>36406355
Fuck man.. i dont know how to tell you that you will understand. you can only lose weight if you're dedicated to it. try starting with drinking (at least) two BIG glasses of water before you eat anything. like, you want a cookie? not without two glasses of water. do not eat shit. this is the most important thing. no candy or soda. just look at the packaging of the things you eat. if it consists of fat or carbs without any protein, do not fucking eat it. no donuts or snacks. just eat 3-4 meals a day after the water. when you feel hungry, drink two glasses of water. try to half the amount of food you normally eat. and dont forget the water. this is an easy start. come back after a couple of months with this. also. no pizza or hot dogs. you know healthy when you see it. stay good fatty. im cheering for you!
>>
>>36406576
It's very weird but, when I'm at home I hardly feel like drinking water but when I'm working I chug 4 glasses every hour
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-06-19-30.png (174 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-06-19-30.png
174 KB, 1440x2560
Count calories, working out helps a lot but your weight loss will mostly depend on your diet.
Avoid sugars and white bread at all costs and instead consume whole grain bread if you must but at the very minimun.
Get yourself some app like -lose it. Or -myfitnesspal to keep track of your macros.
>>
you guys better be saging
t
i
c
k
y
>>
>>36406301
He read the sticky
>>
>>36405842
>All we eat is bread, cheese, peanutbutter and chocolate spread.
All we eat is carbs and fat.

Wow, stop doing that, also read nutritions facts on the packages, count calories, you need 1500-2000 a day.

It is that simple.
>>
>>36405842
Read the fuckin sticky
>>
1. Hail hydrate
2. walk 30 - 60 minutes a day
3. learn how to cook at least 5 healthy meals like meat, rice, potatoes, something and something.

addendum: 4. count your callories
>>
>>36406777
>320 cal per day
Auschwitz please go away.
>>
>>36406813
forgot to add 'is this correct?'
>>
>>36405842

DDR is some serious shit, senpai. I lost like 40 pounds the summer I got it cause I would play it constantly.

Not eating like a fat fuck helps too, obviously.
>>
>>36406813
>healthy meals
>potatoes
You wot?
Also, doesn't matter healthy or not, it is all about calories in -> out.
>>
>>36406834
what about rice?

>>36406832
ddr is some shit indeed. i just happen to get screwed over buying simple pads.
fuck i wanna play badly.
>>
>>36406846
>what about rice?
It is all about calories.
Also, add high protein products in your ration (eggs - obviously boiled, cottage cheese, chicken breasts).
With them you won't feel such starvation feeling.
>>
>>36406834

maybe he meant sweet potatoes.

>>36406846

brown rice is better than white rice. either way, get real rice, not that minute rice shit. also get a food scale, and when you count calories for things like rice, make sure you don't enter a cup of uncooked rice as a cup of cooked rice. this is an easy way of over-eating.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-16-06-36-20.png (370 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-16-06-36-20.png
370 KB, 1440x2560
>>36406820
And I went negative because apparently during my morning work out I burned more than what I consumed.
But weight goal is 50kg hope I make it before summer if I'm still alive.
>>
>>36406846
I shelled out $300 for a metal pad cause I got to the point where I was destroying regular soft pads in under 2 weeks. I'd probably have it to this day if it didn't get wrecked when my basement flooded.

I'm itching to play again but I feel like a retard being a grown ass 26 year old sweating my ass off in an arcade...
>>
>>36406871
>sweet potatoes
Doesn't really matter. Potatoes not healthy at any states, just pure carbs.
>>
>>36405842
alright, ill bite
<what do i eat
Less
<Bread, cheese, PB and chocolate spread
Eat literally none of these. First off, disgusting sandwich, second, there is little to absoultely no protein in there, just carbs (not even good ones) and fat. Third make some goddamn eggs and bacon

>Preferred method of exercise is DDR
Join a gym or youre never gonna make it. or go walk your ass around the block
>>
>>36406887

what makes you think all carbs are unhealthy? you are basically saying oatmeal is also unhealthy.
>>
>>36406887
im guessing it's cost efficient, that's why i'm hearing about it.

>>36406885
just do it bro, forget everyone around you.

>>36406891
i dont lift, i'm also not trying to bulk. all i want to do is lose body mass, because it's all stacked fats that i can't get rid of.
>>
>>36406908
Carbs in potatoes are.
>>
File: 1420051288418.jpg (1 MB, 2720x4080) Image search: [Google]
1420051288418.jpg
1 MB, 2720x4080
>>36405842
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>36406929

sweet potatoes are highly nutritious. i will admit they are not the greatest choice for someone trying to lose weight, because they are calorie rich compared to something like broccoli, but that doesn't change the fact they are still good for you. if you think sweet potatoes aren't a good choice for eating healthier, you're retarded.
>>
>>36406943
You can easily swap potatoes with oatmeal. Different type of carbs, similar in other ways.
>>
>>36406986

ya oatmeal and baked chicken breast for supper isn't going to fly with most people. a roasted sweet potato is a good addition to supper. quit being an idiot. good nutrition involves making healthy substitutions. i eat oats every morning, i grind raw oats and add them to my protein shakes. i'm not going to eat oatmeal for supper, and most people aren't. do you even lift? do you have any idea how much nutrients are in sweet potatoes and yams? sounds like you are just here to shitpost and spread your lack of knowledge.

>hurr all carbs should be oats

for fuck sakes...
>>
>>36405842
I lost 7 pounds in a week.

But that was just because I stopped taking protein powder due to work and being highly active. So I was eating less than 2900 cals for 190 for that time. Probably 1500 if even. And while hungry it wasn't nagging.

That being said, I was eating a fuckton of food before and will continue doing so again. And I was doing the filthiest bulk imaginable minus pop. Do you know how much fucking food you have to eat to maintain 330 pounds? I was probably throwing down 4k with 2k with protein shakes every second day. And if you're eating bread and peanut butter to maintain that weight then you should already realize you're eating a disgusting amount of it. Like a loaf a day probably.

Stop eating so fucking much. When you go to put peanut butter on your 12th cheese sandwhich, fucking don't. Though that of course is a lie on your part since you eat more than that. Lard at the very least fries those sandwhiches too
>>
>>36406355
We're all just saying the same thing, man. Eat less, eat better, move around. At your size, a simple deficit and a few walks around the block will do wonders for you starting out. You're not going to hear anything too different than that basic advice here.
>>
>>36407080
oh god, peanut butter n cheese sammich sounds god damn terrible.

>>36407190
thanks, i was just looking for a few specifics. i'd rather know what to eat than to eat less (obviously i'll have to eat less).
>>
>>36407214

avoid oil. cooking oil is an easy way to add a lot of calories.

you want chicken? bake it.
you want eggs? boil them.
you want potatoes? roast them in the skins.
you want vegetables? steam them.

you can always find a way to eliminate the need for cooking oil.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.