[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you start lifting? >be in highschool >group of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9
File: 35292359023905.jpg (165 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
35292359023905.jpg
165 KB, 1200x800
Why did you start lifting?

>be in highschool
>group of popular girls start bullying me
>calling me fatty
>they give me new nickname : tubby
>ends up being my name for the rest of highschool
>instantly join gym after highschool and spend the next 10 years perfecting my body neglecting every other aspect of my life

Now I'm not if I should feel angry at these people or feel thankful in that they motivated me to perfect my body, but then again I neglected other parts of life in order to achieve it.

Would you believe this shit still motivates me to this day as I make this thread? It's amazing how shit that happens to you as a kid can have such long-lasting effects.
>>
>neglected other parts of life
such as?
Also, pic?
>>
>>36405529
>>neglected other parts of life

School
Family
Friends
Work

etc
My life was literally training,eating,sleeping, for a good 8 years.
>>
File: recent.jpg (106 KB, 368x398) Image search: [Google]
recent.jpg
106 KB, 368x398
Don't take very many photos of myself, but heres one taken on a shitty low res cell, i lived in a third world country before so forgive the quality.
>>
>>36405559
hurr durr im pretend to be op make funny joke herurur ruehrur meme meme meme
>>
>>36405559
>crop serge nubret pic
>pretend its my own
>this fucking retard.gif

gtfo
>>
File: recent.jpg (359 KB, 1409x740) Image search: [Google]
recent.jpg
359 KB, 1409x740
Sorry for responding late, but heres my progress i've made from the past 10 years. This one was straight out of one of the shows i competed in.
>>
>>36405608
your not funny cunt
>>
>>36405623
ur just jelly of anons gains u homo
go stick ur dick in jama
>>
File: recent.png (98 KB, 400x172) Image search: [Google]
recent.png
98 KB, 400x172
Most recent chest pic here guys
>>
>anon you wouldnt be a bad looking bloke if you lost the gut

this random comment by a classmate set off a chain of introspection like id never had before. no one had ever told me i was fat, everyone just kinda ignored it. i thought he was a dickhead at first but looking back i want to thank him, in his ability to just spit out whatever the fuck he was thinking without a filter he told me an ugly truth, something which friends and family didnt have the balls to do.

if youre out there dickhead classmate, youre not a dickhead, you tell the truth and only the truth. the only people who get mad at you are pussies.

thanks dude
>>
>>36405240
Lifting doesn't help. It doesn't do anything. My self esteem and confidence is so low and I train BJJ and workout regularly. I hate life and contemplate suicide almost every day. I've come to realize life is about having friends and loved ones, and money and muscles are quite literally meaningless. I have no friends and few loved ones. I'm unemployed and my mommy pays for my jiu jitsu and gym membership. Am I lazy bastard for not working? Sure. I won't make any excuses. But I will never be able to make friends or social connections. I have the social skills of a pea and a shitty personality from a lack of socializing during my youth. For Christs sake when I go to Jiu Jitsu and people say 'hows it going Anon?' my reply every time is 'I'm good how are you?' and that's where the conversation ends. I never make eye contact with anyone at my gym and I can sense that people think I'm a low self esteem guy. People try and be really nice to me but I just can't open up and don't know how to maintain a conversation.
>>
File: SECKSYMAMA SHREK DICK.jpg (4 MB, 6000x3000) Image search: [Google]
SECKSYMAMA SHREK DICK.jpg
4 MB, 6000x3000
>>36405696
First off just pretend like you care to hear what they have to say, when they ask how you are just ask in return "how you been?" and carry on from there. just keep asking more and more shit eventually you'll get use to the idea of digging meaningless conversations. Made a lot of friends doing that, and i ignored all human contact until i was 19 too, niggas only want to be friend with niggas they think they have common grounds with, if you have no common interests just fake it for keks.
>>
>>36405696
Literally sound like me. Minus BJJ part.
>>
File: Faster.jpg (41 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Faster.jpg
41 KB, 900x600
I hate my job. It's the same damn thing every day. The same damn people, the same damn complaints. When I was young I had this beautiful idea of what the world would be like when I grew up, but every day I forget a little bit more of what I used to imagine. It's like forgetting what your first dog's name was, you just remember that you loved him.

When I met her I didn't know anything about her. All I knew is that she was beautiful. She was a bit chubby, but her eyes made everything she did forgivable. For the first time since primary school I felt vulnerable, like I could be truly hurt. It felt horribly good, like my heart was getting a shiatsu massage. It made me feel alive.

I had spent so many years trying to be invulnerable, never letting anyone get to know me. Even though I did my best to be funny and kind, at my core I believed that nobody could ever love who I truly was. Every joke and meaningless piece of small talk was just a means of deflecting true human contact. Being emotionally invulnerable means shit if you've got nothing to protect.

She changed all that. I told her everything about me, and hearing it felt so ridiculous. I was so worried about sharing my darkest feelings and secrets, but hearing them out loud made them feel so small. Having her to hear them made me feel like it wasn't all so bad, that I wasn't all so bad.

Life means nothing if you have nobody to share it with. It's like filling a vault with Earth's most incredible treasures and then burying it forever. This is why I share everything with her. I don't want her to grow up and forget how beautiful the world could be. I want her to become the person that she challenges herself to be.

She is my daughter, and she is the reason I lift.
>>
I used to be super small throughout high school chick's wouldn't date me was always in the friend zone my girlfriends friends always made fun of me huge pussy been lifting 2 years now have gotten mad pussy and get respect
>>
File: Snapchat-7600065691880413681.jpg (250 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7600065691880413681.jpg
250 KB, 1080x1920
>>36406229
This is me now
>>
>>36406246
yikes
>>
>>36406287
Why you say that ha my face?
>>
>>36405240
you realize they're all fat by now, right?

why care
>>
>>36406246
nice
>>
>be highschool me
>6'1" 135 lbs skellymode runnerbro
>"I may be skinny but I'm one of the best runners in the area at least"
>go to college, stop running but still skeleton
>no longer have any justification for being so skinny as I'm not even in shape anymore
>decide to lift instead
>make noob gains
>never gonna stop
up to 180 bros, can squat 3pl8 and diddly 3.5
>>
File: what in tarnation, marston.jpg (8 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
what in tarnation, marston.jpg
8 KB, 209x200
>>36405659
>>
I want to get in good enough shape to hide the lack of social skills.
>>
Always had a bit of a pack mule mentality and loved carrying stuff around. Lifting just came naturally.
>>
>be me.
>be a fucking fatass since 12
>people laughted at my manboobs
>didnt care that much about my health
>reach 18 try to get in the army
>fail miserably
>reach 125 kg of weight(the 19 for me were a tike when I could go to any restaurant I wanted)
>be 20 start working out seriously.
>also try to get into the army again
>go from 125 to 90 in one year
>my body is full of strech marks but I made it.
>fail again in to get into the army(psychological bullshit)
>feels bad man
>now Im stable at 95 kg and I dont care about anything anything anymore.
>I just want to feel good again, with a purpose.
>the only reason I havent given up the gymn is because I dont want to surremder and throw all the sacrifices again.
>>
>>36405240
Because I realized I was a 19, a fat slob, kissless, etc. etc, and if I were to catch up, I and to begin improving myself stat.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.