[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>knees start popping during squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1428163328855.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1428163328855.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>knees start popping during squats
>>
mine pop all the time. what is this an indication of?
>>
>>36401077
Idk man.. All I know is I had to skip the gym today and put an ice pack on my knees.
>>
>>36401072
>>36401077
Does it hurt? If no, then it has to be little gas bubbles popping inside your knees, kind of like when you crack your knuckles. If yes, start worrying.
>>
>>36401454
One knee is swollen and one pops when I walk constantly
>>
>>36401494
See a fucking doctor senpai, don't fuck around with your joints, they heal much more slowly than other parts of your body, serious damage can easily take months or even years to heal. Sore muscles from exercise are normal, sore joints from exercise are never normal
>>
>>36401494

Wtf your weird and deformed
>>
>>36401494
Good lord. You should go to the doctor and get that checked out, or at least stop squatting until your knee gets better and then check your form.
>>
File: Grinman[1].jpg (77 KB, 600x791) Image search: [Google]
Grinman[1].jpg
77 KB, 600x791
>>36401494
>knees popping and swollen in pain
>b-but /fit/ told me to keep squatting!
>>
File: asian_girl_smug.jpg (21 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
asian_girl_smug.jpg
21 KB, 306x306
>he fell for the squat meme
>>
>>36401617
I'm starting to think I did, nobody in my gym ever really does over 2 pl8.
>>
>>36401072
this was happening to my right leg then one day after i completed a bunch of bodyweight squats i thought i was fine i wake up and it hurts to bend my right leg. that shit took 2 weeks to heal and i still think its not 100%
>>
>>36401494
Go see an orthopedist you fucking retard
>>
>>36401072
mine right knee pops, but i fractured it when i was in middle school. The best way to avoid it hurting for me is, biking for 10 min before squats, and doing warm ups.
>>
>>36401739
>tiring your legs for 10 minutes before squats
Why?
>>
>>36401751
are you fucking blind? I just said, to avoid hurting it

>contracting and expanding muscles at low intensity to loosen up and prevent injury is no good, you're just tiring yourself out

sigh.
>>
>squat atg
>pause at bottom
>both legs pop at joint with pelvis
>feelsgoodmen.jpg
>>
File: 1456710126892.jpg (62 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1456710126892.jpg
62 KB, 562x530
>>36401751
does not get me tired at all, actually was able to increase my load by 5lbs when i did it.

at the same time im not like OH I GOTTA DIP ON THIS BIKE. its just a casual pace.

think of it like warming up the car before you hit the touge daggumi.
>>
Can I stop squats but Keep deadlifts?
>>
my knees pop when doing bw squats. With real weight they don't. What's up with that?
>>
I haven't squatted in a few weeks because of that. Thankfully I still get a ton of quad exercise by biking and then I do other glute/hammy exercises instead.
>>
When I was young I was going out for firewood in our shed - but I couldn't bother putting on proper clothing so sometimes i hopped in there in my pyjamas or short pants. It was -20 degrees Celcius and that fucked up my knee joints for years.

There's some fluid in there - if you dont have enough of it your bones start rubbing each other directly which fucks em up.
>>
>>36402105
Being outside when it's cold fucks up your knee joints ? I've never heard of this and I live in Canada so -20 to -30 is a normal winter
>>
>>36401660
is this b8?
weak ass gym
>>
>>36402182
Yeah wtf? My neighbour wears shorts erry day. I've seen him out shoveling his driveway at -40°C (-40°F for those of you scientifically illiterate) and just the other day he was talking about how great his knees feel.

Cold ain't bad for your joints nigger.
>>
I fucked my knees up 2 years ago. Went way too far forward squatting too much weight.

I basically could only walk for about 4+ months. Luckily I was only 18 and healed more or less.

It bothers me a little sometimes. I'll ask the doc if he can check my knees next time I'm at a checkup.
>>
File: 1424047721067.gif (491 KB, 500x290) Image search: [Google]
1424047721067.gif
491 KB, 500x290
>fell for the squat meme
>>
Mine pop every time I squat, even if I'm just picking something off the floor.

If I ever felt pain I'd go to the doctor, though.

lol at ignoring your body
>>
Squat general
>tfw no one in your gym goes further than a half squat and you still lift more
>>
Switch to front squat masterrace
>>
My knees crack and pop but don't hurt. I just run for five mins prior to squatting. No problemo breh.
>>
My knees crack like every time i.stand up

Always figured it was from running from years but idk, never gave me any problems on lifts. Isn't it just cartilage?
>>
>>36402669
I know that feel

Plus they all use a "stingray" or the pussy pad
>>
Somewhat related: my left knee, on the outside back part feels like it pops out to the side when I squat. Not excruciatingly painful, but uncomfortable. If it's not the knee cap, what could it be?
>>
>>36401494
My knees aren't the problem but my ankles are always cracking, or at least they used to for a long ass time. Just now realizing it almost completely stopped, maybe the new shoes helped.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.