[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Energy When Cutting/Cutting General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
Hey guys, decided to stop being a slob a few months back, quit drinking, drugs, started cutting calories to lose 2-3 lbs a week. Cardio and lift weights every day. Down from 240 (whale i know) to 215 so far.
A few weeks ago my energy has really dropped during the day, at work in particular. I drink a TON of caffiene. Question is..
How the hell do you guys keep your energy up when eating at a calorie deficit? Im eating around 1800 a day. Mostly eggs, fish, chicken and protein bars when im in a rush.
Also, diet/cutting general?
>>
Also, what's the best method to reduce muscle loss when losing fat? I eat a lot of protein throughout the day but I feel like I'm still losing a lot.
>>
>>36399016

eat more. i cut on 2500 calories.
>>
>>36399016
I'm currently cutting on 2000 cals and don't have a problem with energy. I'm also coming down from being fat.

It could be the caffeine dependency or that you're not over your drug habit it was a big part of your life. You may need to eat different foods. I'm sure you're eating more, but all the foods you listed are protein heavy. You need carbs to help with energy too.
>>
>>36399124
For my weight though won't that really slow my fat loss to like 1 lb a week if that?
>>
I'm cutting on 1600 calories and still have a lot of energy.
>>
>>36399209
Yeah maybe the caffeine.. as for the drugs really just weed and a bit on blow once a month or something. More drinking than anything I guess.
>>
>>36399218

it's the ideal weight loss goal. a pound a week. i cutted on 1800 cals before and yeah progress was faster but i had literally no energy, no sex drive, hell even my voice sounded weak as fuck.

on 2500 i still function 100% normally yet still lose weight. slowly but surely. then again i have a physical job so if you're more sedentary try maybe 2200-2300. also i'm tall so if you're a manlet go for 2000-2100. 1800 is for women.
>>
>>36399209
Any recommendations for carbs?
>>
Breakfast my friend

Cutting at 1500

Ate 2 apples and 2 peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast

Steam veggies for lunch

Dinner will be dry cereal
>>
>>36399245
How do i know how much calories to eat while cutting? Im 6'0 and 165 btw
>>
>>36399245
Yeah I'm like 6' and manage a butcher shop so I'm on my feet lifting heavy ass meat all day. I just love the sound of 2 lbs a week.. i really want to get under 200 before summer hits, i live ina college town.. Im not a bad looking guy, pretty strong legs and arms, after my divorce though gained all that fat.
>>
>>36399258
Maybe that's it.. I do a small breakfast, maybe 300 cals, 500 lunch? Usually fish, and hit dinner usually fish or chicken. Lots of salmon because I get it cheap managing a grocery store.
>>
cutting at 1500, aiming for 2lb or so a week. estimating myself at 12-14%.

I hate everything right now, but I have to get rid of this last bit of fat. I can't stop now.
>>
>>36399347
Nobody said this was easy, if it was there wouldn't be so many fat fucks out there..
>>
>>36399343
Oh another thing I would recommend is a meal replacement shake. I wouldn't recommend them as a everyday thing. I have them once every 2 days for lunch
>>
>>36399364

I know, im very happy with my progress and I am going to get rid of this bit of ab fat no matter what. naturally, no drugs.

I came this far so i'd be stupid to quit now. at least once I hit my goal, I can eat at maintenance.
>>
>>36399284

did you post a cutting thread like this morning or yesterday late night? if not i'm gonna ask you the same thing i asked the other dude: why the fuck would you cut at that height/weight ratio?
>>
>>36399347
Fight the fight bro. You're beast with no limits. Embrace the pain. Make it your driving force
>>
>>36399369
I'll give it a try thanks.
>>
>>36399413

I dont want to be average, I want to be at my best: that's what keeps me going.
>>
>>36399410
Nope, it wasn't me. I'm cutting because i still got lots of fat around my waist/belly and lower back. I might have to cut untill i become a skeleton lol
>>
>>36399470

bulk first if you have fat at 6'0 165lbs then you mathematically have no muscle. bulk until 180-190 then cut.
>>
>>36399470

cut till abs

then lean bulk if needed. my mistake was bulking before I got really cut, this time things are going much better. but yeah, dont bulk too soon.
>>
>>36399256
Just about anything. I get most of mine from veggies, bread, cereals, rice,...
>>
File: 1444271332054[1].jpg (225 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1444271332054[1].jpg
225 KB, 633x758
>mfw when cutting on 1000calories a day wake up sat 4am and sleep at 8pm
>>
cutting protips:

-coffee, good and suppresses appetite

-games. a good session of games will keep your mind off food

-gum, chewing gum also helps

-baby carrots and celery: low cal, filling
>>
Do legs take a harder hit when you're on a cut?
My bench and OHP are making slow consistent progress but my deadlift and squat are stalled the fuck out. Some days I can't even do 5 reps of my working weight.
>>
>>36399530
why wake up so early?
>>
>>36399606
Stability and support get hit. That's probably why
>>
Does it matter what time of day i eat my calories? Say 250 cal breakfast, 250 cal "lunch" and 1500 cal dinner?
>>
>>36399016
How many veges you eating op?
I'm cutting and I make a stew with some meat and a fuck tonne of veg and I don't have issues with energy through the day
>>
>>36401542
Not a whole lot. Lots of potatoes and some asparagus now and then.
>>
>>36399016

Are you taking enough rest days? Its okay to consume carbs as well if you're very active.
>>
>>36401677
I don't know.. I take breaks from lifting every few days but cardio is religious in the morning.. so with carbs, if I'm cutting, should I generally avoid them? I thought only calories mattered when cutting. I'm a newbie.
>>
File: 81egLLzoqIL._SL1500_.jpg (183 KB, 781x1500) Image search: [Google]
81egLLzoqIL._SL1500_.jpg
183 KB, 781x1500
Try out some of the fiber jew. It will fill you up and help stabilize your blood sugars.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.