[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: ass.jpg (37 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
37 KB, 640x425
What are some replacements for deadlifts and squats if I may have a hernia?
>>
I gave my wife the best and biggest orgasm last night, the bitch fucking spat it out tho'
>>
>>36398090
Hip thrust.

Feet away from body to target quads.
Feet towards body to target hamstrings
Shin perpindicular to ground pushing through the heel (you can even pick your foot up and leave your heel on the ground) to target glutes.

If you can still do bodyweight plyometrics like atg squat jumps and box jumps and shit, that would be great for developing explosivity/power.

Also if you train calves, don't make the mistake of hitting calves before you hip thrust, or your lift will seriously suffer
>>
Is it a good idea to do some rotator cuff work before bench/OHP? It definitely reduces the clicking in shoulders.
>>
In a full body routine what's the muscle order? For example triceps before biceps or is it the same?
>>
>>36398090
Where do I put Clean and Jerk? Back? Arms?
>>
I've got two.
1.) Any other cardiofags have some tips for shin splint prevention?
2.) I lift along with cardio, I'm a 153 pound 5'10" prince of the manlets. At my weight should I even bother watching fat intake, or go back to eating a ton of protein/fruits/veggies/whole grains plus whatever else I want?
>>
i'm stalling hard on my squats while still progressing on my other lifts. I have 2 heavy squat session. Should I add in a 3rd in the middle of the week where I do lighter squats? Should I deload? Should I do both?
>>
File: 1457179014282.png (340 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1457179014282.png
340 KB, 640x1136
I did SL5x5 for like 10 months 7 were cut 3 bulk. I shouldve left long before but I couldn't decide what to do next. I did a version of TM after that approved by trappy(pic related although I dont do squats first). I did this for 1 month bulking and it was great but I should lose fat for summer now. What changes do I make to it so it's suitable for cutting? What happens if I fail 1 lift on intensity day? Repeat the same weight next week? Whatever your answer it should be 3 days a week.
>>
>>36398232
The clicking, cracking, etc is caused by your joint not rolling properly within the socket. The grinding is caused by an imbalance between your pecs and delts. You have to balance these muscles in order to get rid of that cracking.

Your rotator cufs have to work hard during bench, so I'd suggest not working those before bench. Instead, do face pulls and such (ofc after bench) to create more balance between your pecs and rear delts.

Stretches and mobility excersises help a lot. These will fix the problem on short term and long term.

Moblity excersise:
https://youtu.be/fAvOnpN7Shc

Stretch:
>Stand with your back against a wall
>put your arms up against the wall at about 60 degrees from your body
>arms should be locked into position as if you were to do chest flyes

>elbow against the wall
>the L-shape your index finger and thumb make also have to be against the wall
>move your arms up until you feel a proper stretch in your rear delts, all while keeping your hands in the L position and elbows against the wall
3x5 should do it

This will lighten the clicking and the pain it may cause.

Stretching your pecs also helps, in this case. Doing both pec and rotator cuf stretches will eliminate most of the problem. However, on the long run you should try to get that balance between pecs and delts.
>>
What is the natty limit at 6'3"? Feeling kinda depressed because i don't think I've ever seen a good looking natty at my height and i would really prefer no to cycle.
>>
>>36398388
>What changes do I make to it so it's suitable for cutting
change routines....its not a very good one.
Before you ask me why it sucks, I want you to tell me why it doesnt.
>>
How long should I wait before hitting the gym after getting a new tattoo on my forearm
>>
>>36398661
Thanks for that reply bro, altough I would be suprised if I had serious imbalance between rear delts and pecs because my pull, due to past activities was always way stronger than my push (pendlay row with like 20% bigger weight than bench press).
>>
>>36398796
I didnt wait at all. The tattoo is made stronger by going to the gym

>>36398672
You can look good as a natty, you just wont look like a fitness model. Seeing the true natty limit is a tough pill to swallow

>>36398295
You could do a light squat session in the middle, it certainly works for Madcow/ Texas method.

>>36398278
What does your split look like?

>>36398262
I dont understand your question... Always work bigger muscle groups first. Chest before triceps, back before Bi's etc. for smaller muscle groups (biceps/triceps) i dont think it would really matter.
>>
File: 1374503934282.jpg (41 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
1374503934282.jpg
41 KB, 233x217
>>36398165
hehhhehe
>>
>>36398848
Rounded shoulders are a good indicator of imbalance. Though your lifts sound promising, just make sure to keep up your mobility work and you'll be fine.
>>
Im changing routine from SL to Push-Pull-Legs-FB.

Currently legs day looks like

Barbell Squat 5x5
Hack Squat machine 4x8-10
Leg Press 4x8-10
Calves

Would it be better to drop the hack squat machine and add 4x8 barbell squats instead?
>>
File: 1457743690432.jpg (36 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
1457743690432.jpg
36 KB, 500x356
I'm new to lifting and what would be better for me? A pre workout shake, lift, then recovery drink or just workout and post workout protein shake?
>>
>>36398090
Source on butt?
>>
>>36399334
Yes
>>
>>36398777
It doesn't because it's making me strong at least till now idk what'll happen once I cut. It also doesn't because it's the only intermediate 3 days a week program that I could find. I also like those exercises. But yeah I could change it. What other program would you recommend?
>>
tfw squat same as deadlift. here's squat form check from today vid (dot) me (slash) T9aN Ill do one for deadlift probably next time. Am I cheating or anything? I think my squat is just ahead of all the other lifts so it's not my deadlifts fault
>>
How low should I squat for maximum butt gains?
>>
File: hungry skelly.jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
hungry skelly.jpg
13 KB, 300x300
Could I get a deadlift form check?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQjwerHtJ8&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: gains goblin.jpg (38 KB, 495x751) Image search: [Google]
gains goblin.jpg
38 KB, 495x751
Woke up this morning with abdominal pain. By noon it felt like someone was twisting a screwdriver to the left of my belly button. Literally couldn't take a deep breath or stand up straight. Get home and take a shit. Pic related comes out.

So this is without a doubt a tapeworm right?

Sorry about the gross pic, I wouldn't normally post something like this unless it was really relevant.
>>
>>36399899
Oh forgot to mention that as soon as I stood up from the toilet, the pain was entirely gone.
>>
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/10/19/best-nuts-seeds.aspx

>Most nuts should be eaten in moderation, but not because they're high in fat or calories. It's the high protein content that you need to watch out for, especially in nuts like almonds and pistachios. Most Americans consume three to five times more protein than they need, along with excessive starchy carbs and not enough healthy fats. Excess dietary protein can lead to elevated blood sugar, weight gain, kidney stress, leaching of bone minerals, and stimulation of cancer cells, and it's easy to overdo it if you eat a few handfuls of high-protein nuts.

w-what? I shouldn't eat too many nuts because too much protein leads to kidney stress, bone wasting and cancer? is this for real?
>>
>>36399898
Bar should be in contact with your legs the entire time. Don't lean back at the top, just stand up straight. Put the bar down and reset between reps.
>>
>>36399899
Just a squirt of diarrhea. Relax, man.
>>
>>36400037
I'd like to see a study that proves this.
>>
>>36400037
Mercola is a loon. Get your info elsewhere.
>>
I'm allergic to bananas and I need protein. Would green beans be a good way of getting it?
>>
>>36399262
You can just skip the hack squat and leg press. Do squats, deadlifts, and something for your hamstrings and calves. RDLs and standing calf raises would be fine.
>>
>>36399898
Looks like your knees extend first, then you lift with your back, almost like a romanian deadlift. You should be extending your knees at the same time you bring your hips forward.
Upper and mid back look good, spinal erectors are good.
It seems like you're looking at yourself in the mirror as you go down, changing the angle of your neck, so it becomes out of line with the rest of your back. To remedy this, do the "pack your neck" technique: keep your chin close to your chest in order to keep everything in line.
>>
>>36400118
>bertstare.jpg
>>
>>36399704
until you get maximum hip flexion, but not so low that your back rounds

>>36399593

They're fine.
>>
File: 1312058668960.jpg (15 KB, 216x232) Image search: [Google]
1312058668960.jpg
15 KB, 216x232
>>36400118
...why don't you just buy protein powder
>>
File: htcql1.png (279 KB, 1400x1505) Image search: [Google]
htcql1.png
279 KB, 1400x1505
>>36400151
>>
>>36398388
>Uses a plan that a faggot who doesnt even lift with a mental illness came upwith
Holy shit. This place is gold
>>
How to fix clicking in the shoulder blade (where the wings are)?
>>
Lowbar squatting is suddenly causing back pain for me. Is it because my spine isn't neutral? What can I fix about my form to stop this?
>>
>>36398388
When you're cutting, just go to the gym a couple times a week and practice your form with whatever weights you're comfortable with. Don't over think it.

Do ~10 reps total for each full body movement like deadlifts and push press. ~25 reps for half body exercises like squats or bench or OHP. ~50 reps for single joint exercises like curls and calf raises. Break them up into sets however you like.
>>
>>36400320
Strengthen infraspinatus.

>>36400321
Back pain where?
>>
What do you guys think of resistance bands for somebody without access to a gym?

I have dumbbells and a barbell but there are some workouts I could do with resistance bands I cant do currently
>>
>>36400348
Around mid to lower back, I could kind of feel it the moment I unrack the weight.
>>
>>36400400
You arching your low back the way Rip tells you to? If you are, stop. Learn the abdominal brace. You might also want to seriously consider switching to high bar.

>>36400379
Weight is weight. Bodyweight exercise is fine, too.
>>
>>36400102
>>36400094

https://news.usc.edu/59199/meat-and-cheese-may-be-as-bad-for-you-as-smoking/

He may be a loon but it's not the only place that says it, apparently high protein intake (70g+) has been linked to all kinds of issues
>>
When cutting, 5x5 or 3x10?
>>
>>36400469
Did you bother to search for "<study name> rebutted"?

I'll wait.
>>
>>36400495
I did not, because I don't know the <study name>
>>
>>36400470
2x5 or 3x3
>>
>>36400470
Either or honestly.

For example, you can do 5x5 bench and superset with push-ups or something similar. 5x5 barbell rows into pull ups. Etc etc
>>
>>36400515
Why 2x5 or 3x3?
>>
>>36400512
You have two pages that reference the study and you can't find the title of the study.

Go away.>>36400523
>>
>>36400429
Thanks, I actually considered switching to high bar also, but I barely have any traps and it ends up hurting like a bitch.
>>
File: 54c7d4d95774c9d8fa1c56739dbe55d2.jpg (329 KB, 1000x1503) Image search: [Google]
54c7d4d95774c9d8fa1c56739dbe55d2.jpg
329 KB, 1000x1503
What is superior to shoulder development; OHP or DB Shoulder press?

Also do dips or pushups at all work the shoulders in anyway meaningful way?
>>
In September I'm doing the everest base camp hike. (Don't have the experience or $11,000USD to climb everest)

Any possible way I can prep myself/my lungs for this? The hike is apparently quite easy, just a week long at high altitude so RIP in peice stamina.
>>
>>36400527
Incase you or anyone wants to see, I found the study here http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3988204/

and a rebuttal here https://examine.com/blog/high-protein-diets-linked-to-cancer-should-you-be-concerned/
>>
>>36400348
infraspinatus, any exercises for this? Would more deadlifts suffice?
>>
Is it okay to work out after getting a vaccine shot?
>>
>>36398090
Where are some places to meet sober fit girls?

The bar is a horrible place to find a gf cause women have their guard up cause they are expecting to be hit on and I'm so sick of random sluts.
>>
File: Eddie-hall-2.jpg (78 KB, 409x266) Image search: [Google]
Eddie-hall-2.jpg
78 KB, 409x266
Newfag here. I noticed when the weightlifters are done for the day they eat something sugary like 3 gummy worms or a handful of mike and Ikes.
Explain. Doesn't it have to do with nitroglycerin and muscle repair?
>>
>>36400913
Carbs. To help with pushing protein into muscles. I think
>>
>>36399899
get some fiber in your system man.
>>
>>36400913
It aids in muscle repair and basically helps glucose stay in the muscles. I do this too. After 20 minutes of an intense workout I have a handful of skittles.
>>
lifting now for 1 and a half month, working out 3-4 days a week. gained about 5,5kg (12 pounds or so) in that time while eating 3,7 - 4k calories and 200g protein a day. 6'3 btw. so went up from 87 to 92,5 in these roughly 45 days. but problem is im skinnyfat and have very little muscle mass and mantits and ive noticed my stomach gotten bigger. wat do? Cut down to like 3,5k max? Tdee is like 3050 i guess, different answers from different pages
>>
Why can I sitting press 50# dumbbells in each hand 5 times fairly easily but can barely sitting press 95# with a barbell?
>>
is it worth using BCAAs if my diet is already high in protein?

I usually fast from 9:00pm till 12:00pm and a friend suggested using them during that period.
>>
>>36401129
Because a barbell is 45 lbs plus the weight you put on it.
>>
File: 1399051342312.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
1399051342312.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
>>36401102
Jesus christ, did you even read the sticky?

First things first: Your TDEE is NOT 3000. It's more around 2400 cal. Don't trust what TDEE's say about exercise as they are wildly inaccurate. You just need to be patient and experiment. If you don't gain weight, add 100 cal.

Second: DON'T HAVE AN OVER 500 CAL SURPLUS. The reason you gained weight isn't muscle, it's fat. You don't gain 12 pounds of muscle in a month. You should be gaining, at the most, 1 lb a week. You barely bothered to read the sticky and now you've gotten yourself overweight.

Third: You don't need 200g of protein when you're a weakling. You need, at most, 0.7g/lb.

Fourth: Cut. For fucks sake, cut. You'll still get noob gains, but cut until you're 12% bodyfat, and then bulk. And don't do the dumb shit you did the last month and a half.
>>
>>36401386
Thanks for the reply, im just afraid of losing out of "noob gains" if i dont eat alot. thx for the advice, i'll experiment with my intake until i gain weight much slower although i dont really feel the need to loose alot of fat, i just want alot of muscle under. aiming for builtfat i guess
>>
>>36401491
>im just afraid of losing out of "noob gains" if i dont eat alot.
You're not going to lose noob gains because they're noob gains. Even people on diets of 1200 calories can get noob gains.

>i dont really feel the need to loose alot of fat
You gained 12 pounds in a month. Don't be stupid.

>i just want alot of muscle under
That's fine, but you're doing it all wrong currently. I'm strongly encouraging you to cut down to 12%BF then bulk. You'll still be gaining muscle if you're doing SS and you'll have the capacity to build more muscle in the long run.

>aiming for builtfat i guess
In the direction you're going you're going to end up fat with a little muscle.
>>
>>36398090
Cutting.

Do I try to eat as little sugar as possible, or should I try to hit my mfp goal for sugar intake? I assume as little as possible, and that the 'goal' is a max, rather than something I should reach, right?
>>
I'm a hungry skeleton but I was wondering something since I don't know how this shit works. Say if you were fat like 200 lbs just fat maybe like 5'9", never worked out or whatever and you wanted to get into power lifting. Do people like that even bother cutting? I mean I know you cant convert fat to muscle or whatever so do they have to cut and then bulk back up? Or do they just not bother with the cutting part.

Im basically asking because my fat ass friend says he wants to start lifting but isnt going to cut that much because he'll lose strength or something?
>>
>>36398090
you shouldn't be putting pressure on your abdominal muscles at all if you have a hernia.

In fact, you should get surgery. Hernias are very serious anon
>>
>>36398278
clean and jerk is a full body pull.
It really doesn't fit in a strict split.

If I had too, I would put it in back
>>
>>36401655
Anything's fine as long as you don't go above your macros. You probably want to avoid eating sugar, as it's an empty carb, but having some from fruit or a small dessert won't kill you. Just keep it under that number.
>>
>>36401655
better to have calories with some nutrition attached to it.

Sugar on its own also has links to diabetes and poor health generally. For the purposes of cutting, all that matters is hitting your calories
>>
>>36400594
Standing DB Press > Standing OHP > Seated DBP > Seated OHP

Standing OHP in the long run as you get stronger and the dumbbells become too heavy

Pushups will do fuck all. Dips are a good assistance exercise
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
I have to pick between two evils /fit/.
If you are a poorfag and had to finish your daily protein intake and are on the edge of going over your macros for either Sodium or Sugar, which would you do?
>>
>>36402045
how much protein are we talking
>>
>>36402087
>>
>>36402102
you have 160g of protein left? What the fuck did you do today
>>
>>36402113
meat going into my head, my bad phamilia,
30 more
>>
>>36402122
do you not have any protein powder?
>>
>>36402139
I had around 2 scoops today

Like I said, my diet is limited... I have a choice between an overdose of Sodium and Sugar for solidary intake, I'm trying to figure out what the lesser evil is for the long run
>>
>>36402170
It doesn't really matter as long as it's under your calorie limit for the day. Sodium and sugar every day can fuck you up, but just once and you'll be fine.
>>
Started a 800 calorie cut about 4 weeks ago. Started to loose body fat in my arms, legs and chest.

How long until I start seeing some results on my abdomen?
>>
>>36402206
Are you doing ab based workouts?
>>
>>36402206
How much weight are you trying to lose?
>>
>>36402226
Doing cleans and deadlifts once a week, mostly just keeping heart rate up and run every other day. Looking to drop weight because Im 24 and have seen where my family genetics are leading me.

>>36402241
Hopefully, close to 20lbs but I took that as not immediately going to happen. Mostly looking for a way to cut down on body fat percentage more than anything.
>>
>>36402281
Crunches my nigga. Do 50 in the morning 50 at night
>>
which creatine should i buy?
>>
>>36402298
I use Optimum nutrition creatine
>>
>>36402296
Alright.

Anything else I need to add beside keeping my heart rate up during exercise?

I unfortunately loose about 8 hours of the day teaching and I never counted standing around and passing out papers as exercise.
>>
>>36402298
Lazy country bumpkin fuck here, what does creatine do exactly and where do you get it?
>>
I just got some adipowers, I want to see if they're useful. Also, I plan on squatting 3-4 times a week maybe 5. Should I work up to a 90% of a 1 rep max for the first two days, then do high reps on those last days?
>>
Has anyone tried ActivTrax? What are your experiences/results with it? My gym offers it with my membership and I've been following that routine and so far I really enjoy it and it feels like it's challenging me.
>>
>>36402298
Get something that's 100% creatine monohydrate. Don't get the more expensive ones with added shit in them.

>>36402339
>what does creatine do
Creatine allows your muscles to absorb(?) more water making you bigger. The bigger your muscles, the more you can lift. The more you can lift, the bigger your muscles become. It's a staple for bodybuilding supplements.
>where do you get it
Supplement store or even at a walmart.
>>
CompSci student here.

My back kills me from sitting all day working on assignments. Does anyone know any stretches designed for my line of work? School kills my back more than back day.
>>
>>36402323
I'm a teacher too senpai. All I can recommend is push your self and stick to it. Crunches kill stomach fat and you already have the rest down

>>36402339
It increases strength and speeds up muscle recovery. You can buy it at most drug stores in the fitness section

>>36402343
I use adipowers. No complaints so far
>>
>>36402402
Reverse neck bridges bruh. Or crab walk position with arms behind your shoulders
>>
File: Neck-Bridge.jpg (125 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Neck-Bridge.jpg
125 KB, 1600x1200
>>36402425
Forgot pic
>>
>>36402425
Hope my mom doesn't walk in on me doing this.
Thanks mang.
>>
>>36402323
>>36402405
ayy i teach too
>>
File: 1447294683009.png (151 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1447294683009.png
151 KB, 421x500
>qt oneitis told friend she thinks if we dated id be clingy

what do i do
back off for awhile and dont talk to her or what

also to keep it fitness related, how can i develop the outter sweep of my quads?
>>
>>36402445
AWWWWWW YEAH
>>
>>36402438
Not him, but I thought neck bridges fuck with your spine. Also, I read that mike tyson thought they were dumb.
>>
Any general advice on boosting chest growth? It's lagging behind all of my other muscle groups. Should I just try and hit it with higher volume or just do a second full day?
>>
>>36402477
I read that mike Tyson bit off some guys ear once so fuck what he thinks
>>
>>36402477
I wrestled throughout middle school, high school and college and was constantly doing neck bridges. I never had a problem. Some people get stupid and lean to far.

Mike Tysons first fight was because a bully rip off the head of a pigeon mike was feeding.
>>
>>36402405
How often do you squat now since you got them?
>>
>>36402510
150. I could do better but I have back issues from sports
>>
>>36402391
>>36402320
pills or powder?
>>
>>36402536
Powder
>>
File: boss.jpg (200 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
200 KB, 1000x647
>>
>>36402545
> dude touching the ass
Lucky
>>
>>36402489
Do a second day that focuses on your upper chest.
>>
>>36402467
back off for a little.
>>
>>36402563
Thanks friend.
>>
>>36402540
pre or post?
>>
Do you recommend lower back isolation exercises?

Context: My lower back is becoming the weakest part of my body, and it's starting to hold back my squats and dead lifts. Maybe it's just bad form, but I don't feel any pain in my lower back, just fatigue. The same feeling I've gotten when doing dead lifts and I hit failure because my wrists didn't have the strength/endurance. Recommendations? What day (if any) do you fit in lower back exercises? Back day or leg day?
>>
>>36402651
I take after. But it's more of a personal choice
>>
>>36402660
Try hip flexers or the cobra stretch
>>
Only got about 1/3 of my needed calories yesterday. How far back did I go?
>>
>>36402757
today isn't over anon. Just eat some shit.
>>
>>36402757
2/3 back
>>
>>36402809
Yeah, you're right.
>>
File: big eyes10.jpg (246 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
big eyes10.jpg
246 KB, 1600x1200
I tried adding dips to my bench day which usually implies Bench press and flies, but wehn i triedi felt a kind of soreness in one of my elbows, its not exactly pain but i stopped.
is this something that can go away in time?
should i stop doing other pec excersises too?
is there something too different about dips that could make me hurt?
what should i do?
>>
How effectice is a Calisthenics routine, and how fit can you get doing only calisthenics and occasionally small weights ?
>>
>>36402927
for building mass, its shit.

someone who lifts casually will accomplish in a couple of years what someone who does calisthenics full time, say an athlete or an army man, for 5-10 years
>>
i cut from 245 lbs to 170 lbs and maybe got down to 20-25% bf doing SL

For the past 5 months i havent lifted due to a shoulder fuckup

tomorrow im going to start lifting again...i still have a gut so should i continue cutting from 170 lbs to maybe like 150-160 lbs to try to get rid of the bellyfat?
>>
Can someone explain
Whats better high reps like 4x20
Or low reps like 3x8 i want to look good but also get stronger.
>>
>>36403060
Keep cutting. Never bulk if you're over 20%.
>>
>>36402901
Your form is off. You're probably leaning too backwards and relying on your elbows to preform the dips instead of your chest/triceps.
Watch some videos on proper dip form and practice on assisted dip machines if your gym has them.

>>36403061
Don't go above 12 reps. If you can do more than 12 reps easily, up your weight. For powerlifting exercises you can do 5x5 when you do less reps but higher weight.

Ideally you should be doing either 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 113x300) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 113x300
After not being /fit/ for about a year, I finally got motivated to get /fit/ again. I've been on a calorie deficit for about 5 weeks now, as well lifting and running five times a week each, and I have lost about fifteen pounds so far. If I started taking something like pic, is it going to significantly help my weight loss? If it can help me lose an extra 5-10 pounds by June on top of what I am already going to lose I'd buy it.
>>
>>36403139
no, it won't. The only thing that will make your weight go away is time and persistence. Don't rush this.
>>
File: Serratus_anterior.png (129 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
Serratus_anterior.png
129 KB, 510x510
>>36398090
What are good Serratus workouts? The master of answers Google is surprisingly pretty shit with answers.
>>
Are cheat days okay?

I'm still getting used to dieting, so I figure one day a month to pig out is fine. Nothing massive like 4k calories, but maybe going 1000 or 2 over my 1550 limit. Been craving beer and pasta.
>>
>>36403327
A kg of fat loss is equal to 7700 cals of deficit.

you know your expenditure, you know your bmr

do the math and you know how much its slowing you down
>>
File: 1453476921864.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1453476921864.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
noob question, i've been doing a 1200cals psmf (obese fatty here) diet for over a month now. trying to eat 170+g of protein a day, mostly from lean meat like chicken or tilapia.

Is all chicken meat the same nutrition wise? i know chicken breast is cheap, but sometimes walmart has an amazing sale on chicken drumsticks. i'd buy 15-20 pounds of drumsticks, debone them, and eat 700-800 gr to reach my desired protein goal.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK ARE STOMACH VACCUMS GOOD FOR

I'VE ASKED DOZENS OF TIMES AND NOBODY EVER ANSWERS
>>
>>36403360
they also sell something called chicken "fajitas"...which i can only describe as a longer and slighty bigger chicken breast, it's not even seasoned or anything, it's just like a chicken breast on steroids
>>
>>36403162
Cable flies and dips
>>
>>36403327
Yes they're fine but I wouldn't cheat too much. You could set yourself back . I'd say 1000 Cal over is as much as you should do
>>
>>36403352
>>36403394
okay, that's basically what I expected. 2400 is plenty to pig out on small stuff.
>>
File: 1405636014155.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1405636014155.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
How do you guys masturbate after a workout?
I just did some deadlifts today and my hands are on fire from gripping the bar, do you guys use some sort of lotion or something?
>>
When performing rows, on the negative part of the movement should I allow my shoulder to extend all the way forward or keep it locked back?
>>
File: underboob korra.jpg (47 KB, 637x1052) Image search: [Google]
underboob korra.jpg
47 KB, 637x1052
>getting stronger
>not getting bigger
>wanna bulk but I dont wanna get fat
Is it possible to get bigger without bulking? My diet is pretty high in protien. I mostly eat chicken and beef
>>
>>36403493
Get a onahole
>>
>>36403560
I'm broke.
>>
File: 1397813085279.jpg (166 KB, 1400x787) Image search: [Google]
1397813085279.jpg
166 KB, 1400x787
>>36403569
Some are very cheap, like sub $20 so that excuse doesn't really work.
>>
>>36403569
there's a way to make a pretty sexy tiny butt out of a rubber glove

look up rubber glove sex toy or something
>>
I'm cutting to lose weight, but how many calories do I need to eat before my body starts to enter 'starvation' mode?
>>
>>36403580
so you gonna sauce that or what
>>
File: shimoneta.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shimoneta.jpg
109 KB, 1280x720
>>36403493
>>36403569
There's a tutorial on how to make your own basically out of corn starch I think in the ED of one of the episodes Shimoneta. I'll let you find that on your own.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
One of my knees clicks at the bottom of squats. I've tried doing a more narrow stance, wider, turning feet more inward and more outward. Nothing seems to help. Why does it do this and how can I fix it?

>pic not really related
>>
>>36403588
boku no magical girls
>>
File: 1455940573462.jpg (237 KB, 680x643) Image search: [Google]
1455940573462.jpg
237 KB, 680x643
im only gonna have 1 dedicated carb in my diet for a light bulk, i have three options 1 brown rice, 2 oats, 3 potatos, which one would you choose for a 500 calorie bulk restriction, which is healthier, and when should i eat it to get maximum gains ?
>inb4 bread
>>
>>36403601
what is the point of this picture? I mean really, just draw a dick instead of the banana cmon now
>>
File: 1454286776678.jpg (2 MB, 1590x2188) Image search: [Google]
1454286776678.jpg
2 MB, 1590x2188
>>36403601
>>36403581
>>36403580
Sounds good, now I just need to find a way to clamp it in so I don't have to use my hands to hold onto it.
>>
>>36403370
Nothing

>>36403493
No pain no gain

>>36403551
Keep them locked. Having unlocked shoulders will make you rely on your shoulders more taking away from your back.

>>36403554
You don't understand what bulking is. People don't bulk to get fat. Sure you put on some excess fat but you burn it off when you cut. If you want to build muscle, the best way to do it is to eat more.
Bulk over the winter, cut over the summer. When you bulk you put on muscle and fat. When you cut, you lose the fat and maintain the muscle.

>>36403584
Go on a calorie calculator website to calculate how many calories you need to intake a day. Don't starve yourself unless you want to lose your gains.

>>36403605
Does it click when you do your first few squats or is it constant?

>>36403615
I'll give you my banana ;^))))))
>>
File: 1455843942610.png (559 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1455843942610.png
559 KB, 1280x720
>>36403615
becuase food is sexy too anon
>>36403601
>pic related
>>
>>36403617
>now I just need to find a way to clamp it in so I don't have to use my hands to hold onto it.

>couch
>plastic bag
>vaseline/other lubricants
>put it in between the base and the cushion
>press down on your dick
>enjoy sex
>>
>>36403613
Quinoa
>>
>>36400897
The gym. If you live in a bigger city join meet up . com and join hiking groups and whatnot. And any other activity you like.
>>
File: snail ass.jpg (89 KB, 724x1023) Image search: [Google]
snail ass.jpg
89 KB, 724x1023
>>36403617
Find some hard sleeve/case to put it in like a fleshlight has then stuff it between your mattress or just put it in a shoe on the ground so it's out at an angle
>>
>>36400933
>>36401004
Is there any legitimacy in this?
>>
>>36403617
Why can't you just hold it? We were born with 2 hands for a reason you know. Left hand to use the onahole and right hand is your operating hand.
>>
File: 1455943464008.jpg (13 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1455943464008.jpg
13 KB, 280x200
>>36403651
the logic is that insulin spikes help the uptake of nutrients, but also does eating fats with your meals help with nutrient uptake.

the other logic is that for bulking carbs are great at making you not touch your natural fat stores and keeping them full.

if you went the high fat diet route then your body would be consistently pulling fat for energy source which in turn makes it harder to bulk due to your TDEE being artificially higher when you add daily activities into the mix, when people eat alot of fats and meats on this they claim to be eating more than ever but realy its just compensating for the constant fat stores being pulled for energy

with eating carbs on the other hand you almost never touch your fat stores unless you've burned off all the stored carbs in your liver first which a HIIT routine can do quite well.
>>
>>36402391
>>36402339

>Creatine allows your muscles to absorb(?) more water making you bigger. The bigger your muscles, the more you can lift

No, creatine is a precursor to ATP, ATP is the molecule that your muscles use for energy.

TDDR - chemistry fuckers

Creatine allows your muscles to hold a little more energy which helps you pump out an additional rep or two to increase strength. Water retention is a side effect.
>>
>>36403621
Constant I'm pretty sure. Doesn't seem to do it as much when I just do baby squats, you know sitting like a baby, so I was thinking I'm finding a more natural position than when I squat with weight and I can't replicate it.

But I don't know I just came up with that.
>>
>>36403707
Great answer man thanks
>>
>>36403651
Spiking insulin helps, yes. Whey spikes insulin though... so think about it.
>>
>>36403750
You might be leaning in too far in and relying on your knees too much but I can't be certain without seeing your form.
Either that or your muscle is just getting caught on your bone. See a doctor if it begins to hurt.
>>
Diet sodas and cutting? Gains killer or guiltless treat?
>>
>>36403822
Leaning in as in leaning forward with my body at the bottom?
>>
>>36403843
No, you're knees going too forwards during the squat. Ask Trappy. She's really good with this shit.
>>
>>36403837
i used to drink tons of diet soda and i was pretty low weight, made gains too
>>
I'm on week 2 of my EC stack right now and my workouts are suffering. What's been happening is after about 6 sets I start to get nauseous to the point where I think I'm gonna hurl. My stamina has felt lower too, feeling way more exhausted after lifting than before. Do you think it's the EC or my diet?

Current dosages are
Dose 1 - 25mg E, 200mg C
Dose 2 - 12.5mg E, 200mg C
Dose 3 - 12.5mg E, 100mg C

Also on a -500 cut.

I start my workout 3 hours after a EC dosage and 2 hours after a meal. I've been splitting my workout in 2 since I'm out of gas after two fucking exercises
>>
File: received_893869997394799.jpg (149 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
received_893869997394799.jpg
149 KB, 1080x1920
So, I just got an excerise bike and I'm sitting on it watching t.v all day.

Is it ok to eat say 500 cal then burn 500 cal?

My base rate for calories is 1800 a day. If I'm not wrong wouldn't I lose a pound every 48 hours?
>>
>>36403849
>she
Top kek
Transexuals are mentally ill. There's a white matter fiber test to prove it.
>>
>>36403996
Ok. Still you should ask her.
>>
>>36403999
>her
Top kek
Transexuals are mentally ill. There's a white matter fiber test to prove it.
>>
>>36403999
I'm not the guy you're replying to dingus.
>>
>>36404032
Sorry, you Anonymous all look the same to me.
>>
>>36403849
Okay so keeping them from going too far past my feet.
>>
What values should I have in myfitnesspal for carbs, protein and fat? no special diet like keto or the like.
>>
>>36404054
Protein: 40%
Carbs: 30%
Fat: 30%
Love: 100%
>>
Any supplements I can take to help with my cut? I've been feeling like shit lately. All I have is coffee. I was looking at yohimbine. It's tempting to buy one of those "fat burners" but the product labels all are caffeine and green tea.
>>
>>36404075
BCAAs. They don't help with losing weight but do stop your muscles from deteriorating.
>>
Calisthenicsfags,

Why will my floor L-sits not progress? I can do a perfect hanging or paralette L-sit for about 30 seconds maybe more, but as soon as I try to do it on the floor with flat palms, I can't even get into position. I have tried doing 1 leg sits with flat palms but can't progress on that either. I am of the understanding that its probably a pike flexibility issue but no matter what I do, I can't isolate my hamstrings to stretch them. Wtf do i do? I'm at a complete stuck zone here.
>>
>>36403916
entirely plausible that EC is effecting your workout. I would reccommend not taking a dose until after your workout or just getting off the stack. Everyone has different side effects to this stuff, I got some pretty bad ones when I took it.
>>
>>36404063
thanks anon <3
>>
Could somebody link me to some good routines for women? My gf wants to start having more structure to her gym time but i don't really know the first thing about routine planning and shes not a big fan of just doing compound lifts
>>
>>36404339
www.readthefuckingsticky.com
>>
Idiot question because I'm apparently an autist who doesn't understand what he reads

>bulking, want 500kcal surplus
>burn 2500 on a rest day
>workout burns 300
>how much do I eat on workout days?
>A: 3000
>B: 3300
>C: Other
>>
>>36404393
Give your height and weight. Assuming you're a male.
>>
>>36404393
I asked the Misc this question one time and they just told me to count my calories and ignore how much you burn off.
>>
>>36404445
Ive never seen a good est on workout cals, so I ignore them and adjust by feel over time
>>
>>36404441

I used rounded numbers for simplicity, these aren't mine. Articles talk about eating TDEE + surplus, but I can't tell if that factors in anything burned by workouts.
>>
what's the best way to get my gf lifting weights? should she do SL starting off?
>>
>>36404482
Using TDEE calculators to assume burned calories for workouts is really inaccurate, better to just softball it and find what works. Just put 500 on your TDEE and increase if you dont' gain weight in 3 weeks.
>>
>>36404533
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>36404533
Does she want to be she-hulk or a big booty hoe?
>>
>>36404540
nah she doesn't want to be a fat powerlifter she just wants to get toned and a bigger ass would be a plus
>>
>>36404558
Tell her to do squats, abs, squats, stair machine, squats, etc.

If she's chubby, tell her to take her ass onto a treadmill and eat salads and shit.
If she's normal, tell her to take her ass onto a treadmill and eat salads and shit.
If she's anorexic, tell her to take her ass to a kitchen and eat some healthy food to bulking up slightly.
>>
>>36404534
Thanks anon
>>
>>36404577
>squats, abs, squats, stair machine, squats
This isn't a routine by the way. I just wanted to emphasize the importance of squats. Don't tell her to squat and then do some other shit and then squat again. She'll dump you after she dies.
>>
So I grew a ton during puberty, and I've had really thick stretch marks in the middle of my back from it. The problem is, there is this weird zit thing that ALWAYS comes back, and it lies directly in one of the stretch marks. What is it, and why does it keep coming back after I pop it?
>>
Compression shirts outside the gym?
Weird or not?
>>
>>36404533
no she shouldn't do SL.

if you want a cute gf, have her do deadlifts. she'll get dat ass and dem legs without having those enlarged quads that can make girls look a bit weird. plus she'll get a nice toned back and better posture, a rare trait among girls and one which is hot as fuck.

on top of that have her do squats, ab work (leg raises probably), and overhead presses or something and she'll have a better body in 6 months, provided she eats properly.
>>
>>36404393
its easier to find your TDEE on average per week and eat that daily.

yes you can do it your way, but there is little point unless you are a legitimate bodybuilder (please bear in mind that misc is on bodybuilding.com, a bodybuilding website which caters almost exclusively to bodybuilders which largely assumes everyone is also on gear).

take any dietary advice from BB.com as exaggerated needs of regular people ie not bodybuilders on gear.
>>
doing the reddit PPL. chest day end has overhead tri extensions but I can't do them because they hurt my elbows, so do skullcrushers or any similar movement. I tried substituting dips but they also hurt, what do? tricep kickbacks maybe?

there's also rope triceps pushdowns and they are fine, actually one of my favourites.
>>
If I lift without eating more food, the fat should disappear and muscle will get bigger in it's place right?

Does this mean even though the weight won't change, the overall size of the body will go down since muscle is more densely packed than fat?
>>
>>36404674
if you don't know what you're doing you will probably just get weaker and lose both muscle and fat.

eat well, lift properly and do a bit of cardio here and there and you'll lose the fat and gain muscle and yes, you will slim down in a sense because muscle is denser than fat.
>>
>>36404616
Not weird but lame. If you're big you'll also look like an asshole
>>
>>36404594
Stop popping your zits. It's on your back, cover it with a shirt. Go to a doctor and get creams to get rid of it. Don't scar your body.
>>
>>36404730
How the fuck is it going to scar any more than it already has? It's on a fucking stretch mark
>>
>>36404750
Stretch marks fade. Acne scars don't.
>>
File: 20160310_105353.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160310_105353.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
this is my leg because fencing(the sport), it is almost shorts/skirts season and I am female. do i just not give a fuck and just explain that i do extreme sports to people when they stare? Sometimes I get bleeding scratches and bruises on my upper body it must look like domestic abuse or super kink?
>>
>>36404685

Yeah thanks, I thought so. I'm asking so I can convince a "thick" girl to lift heavy weights with me. The fucking personal trainers told her if she lifts weights she'll get big and look like a man so she better buy their lessons and fix it.

A follow up question: So I know spot reduction isn't a thing. But lets say a fat person suddenly starts training just their legs (without eating extra food).

The muscle on the legs will increase, does this mean a small layer of fat across the whole body will be taken away (since the weight has to stay the same)?

Basically I'm asking can you "shrink" your body just from lifting weights and not changing diet.
>>
How do I deal with ance? I have a decent amount on my forehead and on the sideburns area. I've started washing my face with soapy water daily. Anything else I should do?
Also, I have like red marks from previous zits, will that go away or am I stuck with it forever? It's not the pitted kind of scarring I've seen people have, just like red marks
>>
>>36404793
Who cares what people think?
>>
>>36404821
Wash your face whenever you get the chance to. Use the acne pad things. Go to a doctor and have them prescribe you acne creams and pills. Don't touch your face. Have sex (100% srs).
>>
>>36404912
>have sex
I have a unique form of autism that prevents that
>>
>>36404921
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124193391

Good luck bbg <3
>>
>>36404905
I dont like to get stared at. Especially pityingly. But I also want to wear shorts. I guess I'll just go fuck it and wear my shorts
>>
>>36404940
>I dont like to get stared at. Especially pityingly.
Nobody really likes getting stared at pityingly but what are you going to do, yell at the person across the street looking at you that you do fencing and your husband doesn't beat your legs? Nobody really cares that much anyway, it's on your legs, not on your face. People will just think that you give too much head or something.
>>
Fatass here

So, to lose weight you guys all suggest cutting calories from my diet.

What kind of exercise should I be doing with this?

I want to lose a kilo a week. (2.2 pounds) How I worked it out is

>7,500 cal per kg of fat
> 7500 over 7, 1070 cal a day
>My BMR is 1800

I'd like to cut 700 and limit myself to eating 1100 cal a day

but in addition I'd like to exercise on a treadmill and burn off an additional 400 every day.

Advice? Tips? What should I do?
>>
Recently had a significant weight loss due to cutting all fast food and 97.5% of added sugars. I have entered ottermode(i think). My question is, as I'm training for the military, should I stay ottermode or try to bulk up slightly. I only have about a month or 2 before I enlist.

5'9" 147lbs.
Mostly bodyweight excersises and some jogging.
>>
>>36404980
You're right anon, I'll just do my thing. I'm too self conscious for my own good. And anyway I like kinky sex so heyyya
>>
>>36404993
Weight/Height?

>>36405012
LONDON
>>
>>36405016
160, 90kg manlet reporting o7
>>
how do I make friends
>>
>>36405007
more bodyweight will just make things difficult for you. focus on strength and pushups/pullups/ and running
>>
>>36405024
1100 cal a day is WAAAAAY too small. You'll end up doing more harm than good. You should eat around 2000 cal a day.

Check out some calorie calculators (you can find them on google or by reading the fucking sticky) to learn the approx. number you should intake a day.

Also, I'd recommend installing myfitnesspal to your phone to help you count your calories. It also shows your macro intake so you can better assess what to eat.

Good luck mang, don't give up

>>36405065
GET SWOLE NIGGA GET SO BIG THAT PEOPLE WILL BE FRIENDS WITH YOU BECAUSE THEYLL BE TOO SCARED TO TURN YOU DOWN FUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

Side note for the weak: get some non-introverted hobbies
>>
>>36404993
>90kg
>1100 calories
personally i believe that there is no need to cut so quickly. maybe you want to cut in time for summer or something. fine, but if you eat only 1100 cal a day you are going to get through a fair amount of muscle, too, possibly turning you into a soft, flabby pile of useless. i'd cut at something like a 600-700 deficit instead, and as you reduce your weight, reduce the deficit as well, so once you're at 80kg go for a 500 deficit and keep it there.

yes it is tempting to lose more quicker but you'll probably look in the mirror by the end and be unhappy with the results - too much muscle will have wasted away and you'll just look pudgy and terrible.

also, if you must run on a treadmill, i suggest doing it at an incline, about 2% is good. if you want to look halfway decent at the end of this cut, lift weights (properly) and get plenty protein.

also please bear in mind that TDEE is the number to be concerned with, NOT BMR.

all the best.

btw
> to lose weight you guys all suggest cutting calories from my diet.
this is literally the only way, so yeah.
>>
Britbong here
>country full of fatties
>most tattooed country in the world
>entitled feminist cunts everywhere

I want to jump ship.
What country should I move to that is fit-friendly, and not full of degenerates?
>>
>>36405092
Iceland
Not even joking
>>
>>36404794
yes you can lose weight just from lifting weights - I did. But you still need to be managing your calories and diet, if you're diet is shit lifting weights is only going to help so much and you could just end up getting a bit stronger and still being a fat turd. Just because your muscles are getting a bit bigger doesn't mean you HAVE to lose the fat to compensate. are you a girl too? Heavy weights for a guy and girl are pretty different things too.
>>
>>36398284
Buy Hokas.
>>
>>36404821
i tried every prescription pill the GP doctors could give me, tried literally every home remedy i could think of (used to go on websites, forums etc and write down every suggestion and try it) and nothing worked.

ot to the point where i got cystic acne under my skin on my face and it would swell areas of my face up, making me look like a got beat up. eventually got a dermatologist appointment, got accutane (called roaccutane in britain), every last spot was gone in a month. now i have a little scarring but nothing too permanent.

so yeah, go on accutane, in my experience its the only thing that worked when everything else was a dismal failure.
>>
>>36405095
With the steroid laws, lifting culture, and QT Icelandic women, I'm sold.
Only problem is I'll probably be manlet status at 6'0
>>
>>36405092
Aus is pretty good
>>
>>36405092
russia, poland etc. i live in bongistan too and i've never seen a fat slav.

or move to newcastle or something, where the wimmin are sexy and the guys are shredded.
>>
Where can I find some good PPL routines?
>>
>>36405007
any gains you make weightlifting won't really be a huge benefit for basic training. bodyweight stuff will definitely help though, big ones being pushups and pullups. very basic circuits like 5 rounds of 300m run 15 pushups 20 squats 5 pullups go a long way.

It will help a fair bit if you could do at least 60 pushups in two minutes without breaking form, 6+ strict form pullups in a row and be able to run a mile and a half in less than 10 minutes. not really super athletic, but a good base so you don't die everytime you do PT.
>>
>>36405161
On the internet
>>
What are the pros of using Neutral Grip Chin ups as opposed to just a normal one?

Can I just use neutral grip instead?
>>
>>36405179
the difference is minimal,though neutral will hit your arms less (a bit)

people report less wrist and elbow pain with neutral too
>>
>>36405161
I'm doing this one

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

have been for the last month and a bit, it's pretty good. only problem is the triceps thing for me from

>>36404666
so pls respond someone
>>
>>36405191
anything. the difference between individual tricep isolation movements is minimal. do whatever feels best, whether its pushdowns, kickbacks or whatever, though skulls i find are the best
>>
>>36405191
>>>/Doctor/
>>
If I'm trying to work up to a real pullup is the assisted pullup machine good or do I want to do negatives instead?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.