[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've just started a course of invisalign (because I could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: invisalign.jpg (2 MB, 1544x1244) Image search: [Google]
invisalign.jpg
2 MB, 1544x1244
I've just started a course of invisalign (because I could afford not to get braces plus I work with clients and it doesn't exactly give off a professional image) - 8 days into my first tray and whilst the first few days were hell I'm starting to get used to it. Anyone else here completing their /fit/ look with straight teeth? Anyone gone through the process and got any tips?
>>
Braces are /fa/ as fuck atm
It shows you have the money to spend on yourself.
If you can't afford it. Go Eastern Europe for a cheap pair and pretend you went on a holiday
>>
>>36397966
they cost 1.5k€ here in my country,you pay half when u get them and half when you remove them
>>
Hey anon just got off of invisalign, my tips would be to brush once a day and brush the invisalign also, otherwise your breath will be shit, always keep old trays just in case you lose your current tray, and if you lose a tray go to your doctor if you have money to spare, if you don't just go to the next tray when the 2 weeks have elapsed after finishing the term with the old one. If you get rubber bands (I got them around halfway through) wear them as often as you can, bc if you don't they'll add on time and you'll finish a lot later. It's a shit ton better than braces though, and I've gotta say it's worth it. The only shitty part is having to take them out for any snack or random food that's offered, but it's worth it in the end
>>
>>36398161
how long does it take to fix your teeth?
>>
>>36397966
Im a dentistry student and not shilling for your yenis, but for your own good please dont go cheap on orthodontics. Its really easy to fuck up ur teeth to a state only fixable with surgery if you dont know what youre doing (just being a dentist isnt enough in every case)
>>
>>36398745
Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad. I'm from Croatia (South Eastern Europe) and a lot of people come to fix their teeth here, mostly from Italy, only because it's cheap for them. They have higher living standards, higher wages and therefore what's expensive to us is cheap to them.
>>
>>36398897

I didnt mean it like those countries dont have good doctors or dentists, but maybe theres less regulation and if someones travelling to fix their teeth they propably will be choosing a cheaper alternative and some opportunist underqualified dentists could take advantage of that.
Sorry but richer countries do have better educayion on a lot of stuff thats why theres an albanian dentist in my class because theyre not qualified to work here.

NOT hating tho, we have had many awesome and smart eastern euro exchange students in my school and im sure theyll become great dentists
>>
>>36398897
>>36399044
Also coming to croatia, split this summer. Is it good?
>>
>>36397089
>>36398161
>once a day
kek dude, i brush like 3-4 times a day

>tfw been on invisalign for over a year now
the_ride_never_ends.jpg
it's not that bad though. be prepared to loose some weight
also, don't worry about leaving them out for an entire night (i.e. at the bar)
>>
>>36399071

I was in Croatia last summer, Split and Dubrovnik are both cool but touristy since a lot of cruise ships arrive and depart in these cities..my advice would be to go to the islands and also rent a car from split and go see Plitvice Lakes..unreal place
>>
>>36399106
Cool, we have planned a cruise to islands already
>>
What about having plastic in your mouth all the time? Doesn't seem healthy possibly estrogen mimicking too.
>>
>>36399071

Not that anon, i'm from Split.. It is nice during summer if you like clubbing, right now kinda boring
>>
File: 1448315119893.jpg (106 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1448315119893.jpg
106 KB, 600x900
>>36399071
I went to Trogir,Split, and Hvar last summer and can honestly say that it was one of the best holidays of my life, Hvar is beautiful and definitely worth exploring.
>>
>>36398644
Around two years if I remember correctly, although it depends how shitty your teeth are
>>
>>36399044
>theres less regulation
nope.

>will be choosing a cheaper alternative
possible, but it's not india where you have street dentists. it's regulated and i doubt there are any "really cheap alternatives" .

>albania
it's a meme country. can't compere it to croatia, serbia, russia, belarus etc.

>Sorry but richer countries do have better educayion on a lot of stuff
I agree, but keep in mind that a lot of out doctor are moving to western countries because of better salaries.

I know Americans think Eastern and Southeastern Europe is a shithole, but it's not really.

>>36399071
Never been there. It's alright as far as I know.
>>
>>36398745
Hey, if you don't want people going overseas for dental work, maybe you shouldn't charge so much.

Christ, I live in a country with so-called universal healthcare, and both it and any private insurance I might want to get cover everything EXCEPT dental, because apparently it's "cosmetic".

Fuck that shit. If I need a broken tooth removed and an implant put in, I'm fucking going to Indonesia.
>>
smile is everything
>>
kinda offtopic but what do you guys think about teeth whitening strips? Got some crest ones i think. supposed to use em for 10 days. anyone have any experience with them? Trying to get a whiter smile
>>
>>36399345
I found that using teeth whitening "pens" are far more effective. I've used both but didn't see any real results with the strips, plus it felt like I swallowed way too much of the chemical shit that is one them.

Go on Amazon and type in teeth whitening pens, I would link but i'm on my phone
>>
>>36397966
Not cheap anymore. Normal braces, not invisalign, are 2500 euro on the EASTERN border of Poland.
>>
Do your best to stick with only taking them off to eat/brush teeth etc. After your initial program your orthodontist will consider whether you need to go through a refinement process which could take just as long as the prescribed treatment.

Otherwise invisalign > braces. You made the right decision.
>>
>>36397966
In Costa Rica, braces are about $2000 the treatment. You pay $50 per appointment in a lapse of 3 years.
>>
File: jessica_hart_420-420x0.jpg (47 KB, 420x290) Image search: [Google]
jessica_hart_420-420x0.jpg
47 KB, 420x290
>tfw you have no money for braces

To be honest, at this point I'd even start sucking dicks if it meant I'd have money. But if you have a huge gap between your front teeth like pic related, not many people find you attractive, which means there won't be any dick sucking nor money for getting braces, or transitioning. it's a catch 22.

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>36397089
Anon FUCK brushing these everyday, I found putting them in denture cleaner when I wake up. Put them back in after brushing my teeth was loads easier and they didnt smell.
Also if you brush them they tend to get hazy.
>>
Anyone tried Inman aligner or any stories
>>
>>36399289
This, I need EXTENSIVE dental work at the moment. In the states it would easily cost 40k+, in Costa Rica it's not going to be above 15k-17k.
>>
>>36397089
I did your treatment OP
I am super happy, after a couple of weeks it becomes really easy to wear. Plus, thanks to these things you can easily kill the habit of eating between meals (which at the time of the treatment I was doing it quite a lot I guess)
Gave me nice, lined up teeth.
10/10 would do again.
>>
been on them for a few months now, i drink with them in and only take off to eat, and i rarely brush after. no cavaties, and if you brush your tray like once every few days you're fine
>>
>>36397089
I just finished mine about a year ago. It sucks at first but you get used to eating large meals all at once instead of smaller ones and/or snacks. Also forces you to have good oral hygiene. Can be weird taking them out to eat in public if you can't find a restroom but I got over it.

In the end it was worth it and my teeth are near perfect now.
>>
File: 1457029987895.png (646 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1457029987895.png
646 KB, 800x900
I wore invasalign for 11 months. It was meant to be like like 13 but wearing them the recommended 22+ hours a day shortened it.

It was okay. No one noticed I was wearing braces.

You can do things like put a new set in just before bed and down a few painkillers to get over the headaches.

Take a toothbrush to work etc.
>>
my teeth are fucked. i had braces when i was like 10, which was a mistake because i was too immature to wear my retainer, and they ended up getting horrible again. my canines are above my top teeth, very far above, and it looks like i have fucking detracted vampire fangs. my bottom teeth are crooked and overcrowded, while the outer teeth of the 4 main front top teeth are very far behind so they never get any light when i smile and it makes me look retarded. im too poor to go for round 2, and i dont even think invisaline could fix my shit. which is more expensive?
>>
File: bruce-willis-07.jpg (153 KB, 1024x1269) Image search: [Google]
bruce-willis-07.jpg
153 KB, 1024x1269
>>36397089
Hey OP, I finished my course a year ago. It's been pretty great. I was really self-conscious about wearing them at first, covered my mouth when laughing etc. But stopped giving a shit in a week. People don't really care/notice them, and even if they do, it has actually served me as a great conversation starter at parties/clubs, as people don't see this sort of treatment very often. You're gonna step up your oral hygiene and cutting game too (you'll refrain from snacking). Due to the small gaps they make between your teeth, some foods may irritate your gums though, that can be really painful. I had problems with beef and nuts, so I mainly refrained from eating them during my course.
>>
>>36402336
Sucking things hurts your teeth anyway
>>
File: 1454894350945.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1454894350945.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>36397089
bruh i am on tray 28 out of 42. First three weeks was hell... I got a bunch of cuts and shit inside my mouth while adjusting to my new bite. After that phase tho it was smooth sailing. I dont even notice them anymore.

Have had elastics since tray 3 and go through 4-5 a day. I used to brush everytime I ate something but after a couple months of that you really just dont care anymore. Down to 2-3 a day.

Really, really glad I did it. Going with invisalign saved me a tooth and 4 months of treatment time because you can distalize and move everything else. Cost me a pretty penny at 6k but the results are well worth it.
>>
>>36404966
What kind of dental plan do you have?
>>
File: 1387394940780.gif (959 KB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1387394940780.gif
959 KB, 245x250
>>36397089
My teeth are already straight
>large gums and small teeth reporting in
>tfw never gonna make it
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.