[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its hard to lift in general, but why do I feel pain in the long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Snapchat-3390090798879267311.jpg (249 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3390090798879267311.jpg
249 KB, 720x1280
Its hard to lift in general, but why do I feel pain in the long head of the biceps tendon on the shoulder while I do skullcrushers? The pains in the front of the shoulder
>>
I'd be more concerned about that awful tattoo.
>>
>>36394877
Appreciate the advice
>>
>>36394877
When will this meme die? Why can't you actually answer the question? He either likes the tattoo and doesn't give a shit what you think about it, or doesn't like it and already knows.
>>
Without actually seeing you do the exercise it's impossible to tell, maybe have some record you do it.
>>
>>36394973
>meme
That's not how you use that word, retard.
>>
i have the same problem, just on the left shoulder...
>>
Are you sure it's not your rotator cuff
>>
>>36394997
Yes it is, retard
>>
>>36394834
Are your scapulas completely packed before you start the lift? Do you lose upper back/shoulder tightness as you go to lift?

Only asking b/c I have pain in the same place during the bench press if I don't pack my scapulas down, could be similar issues IE you're impinging something in your shoulder joint.
>>
>>36395014
Positive, its right where the biceps tendon attaches to the glenoid fossa. Like I can feel it how it hooks in when I rub it. I've had it a few months now.
>>
>>36395074
exactly like that
>>
>>36395074
Not 100% sure if they are packed but you might be right about some impingement. I do sometimes feel it during the day or night as well. What can I do to fix this pesky shit?
>>
>>36395115
Focus intensely on keeping your upper back tight on the bench before and during the lift, especially if you're lifting heavy.
>>
>>36395130
What about during normal day activities? because it hurts throughout aswell, what can i do during the night or day to make sure my back stays tight? And no im not lifting heavy, it hurts and im weak as shit because i get so depressed that i cant life how i want
>>
>>36394997
Being a dick is a meme.

How have you not caught on to this by now?
>>
>>36395157
Well maybe skullcrushers are not the tricep excersise for you? You can try another excersise to hit tris.

As far as making it feel better? Stretch the shoulders. Grab a closet dowel wider than shoulder width apart, try to bring it from your hips, over your head and touch your butt with it without letting go. Do this a few times slowly and then try to do it with a slightly narrower grip.

I also could be completely wrong, I'm nothing close to a physical therapist :P
>>
>>36395088
Likely subcapsularis tendon. Feeds right into the inside of the shoulder, right under the teres minor.

As the other anon suggested it's likely due to your scapular flaring out during movements, and a corresponding inflexibility of the muscle because it's never pulled taut, check out 'winged scapula'
>>
File: trenchcoat.png (284 KB, 495x337) Image search: [Google]
trenchcoat.png
284 KB, 495x337
>>36394877
>tattoos are for degenerates
>>
>>36395203
Okay what about if i already have hyper mobile shoulders? I have really mobile ones already, could it be dangerous to stretch them like that for someone like me?
>>
>>36395235
It could be some of that too, best way is to just sit like super proper with shoulders down and back right? I do sit a lot of the day typing here, maybe that has something to do with it. And to reach the mouse i do kind of pronate? forward i believe
>>
>>36395172
Specifically, the meme to which I was referring is when somebody with a tattoo asks for advice or tries to generate discussion, people respond instead with shit posts of "shit tattoo" or "degenerate scum" and variations there of, which, based on the hegemonic prevalence of these responses which mirrors such shitposting memes as "if I wanted humour I'd ask for your 1rm".
>>
>>36395265
he said it was an awful tattoo not that it is for degenerates you fucking imbecile learn to read
>>
>>36395293
>>36395327
Try doing the two hands clasping behind the back stretch, it's supposed to be for triceps, but if you have an inflexible subscapular muscle due to atrophy it'll be agony on the shoulder of the side that reaches up. No cheating either, push that shoulder back and don't let the scapula flare out.
>>
>>36395385
this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd0r_EmVGdU

How often should I do this? What is it suppose to do? Should I do it all the time? Why or how does it help?
>>
File: images.png (3 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3 KB, 150x150
>>36395415
No, this.
See the right arm reaching up? That one will ache if you are stretching the muscle properly without flaring the scapula.
>>
>>36395438
Oh Im generally good at that one, that helps impingement? Almost looks like it could cause it
>>
>>36395383
suck your moms cock cyka blyat
>>
>>36395468
Hypermobiles tend to cheat at this one. Imagine the right shoulder in the diagram is rotated further forward, the scapular flares out and the anterior facing side ends up stretching more because the connective tissue has more give. Look in a mirror from side on and try doing it with your shoulders back and scapula tucked in.
>>
>>36395518
I wish i had a video to see this, im kind of retarded
>>
>>36395518
when you say flares out do you mean flares back? I try it and my shoulder blade sticks straight out
>>
>>36394973
Dont just throw the word meme around all willynilly you fuckstain. Everyone knows youre 15 when you do that shit
>>
>>36395728
bump
>>
>>36395959
>getting this mad about meming with the word meme on a memetic meming meme
>>
>>36396079
why are u bumping my thread
>>
Help
>>
>>36394834
>nice tat degenerate
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.