[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/ when do you know it's time to take a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: image.gif (3 MB, 257x212) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 257x212
>>
>>36389408
Never you don't need a break and there is no such thing as overtraining only under eating. I mean if you pull or tear something yeah take some time off otherwise keep lifting
>>
There's no reason to take a whole week off besides injury or severe illness (that is, something that causes fever, nausea or shakes, not just congestion)
>>
>>36389566
Yo Ct what's big rob like irl?
>>
I dont see a reason to take more than 2 days off at a time unless you're sick
>>
Hurt my back two weeks ago so I decided a week off would be the good thing to do. Had to go back tonight and I skipped it. I literally broke an months old habit in a week. I feel like I'm starting at 0 again. For one (1) week off. Don't do it OP.
>>
>>36389635
Yeah i could see how youd lose motivation/momentum

Dont unless you have to
>>
I have have a confession to make. I have not squatted in 3 weeks.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 245x300
> op here... It's not too hard
I just really am hating my routine.
I feel like resetting and then creating a new schedule
Been doing this, 4 days a week. 9 sets per muscle. 4-6 reps. Two muscles a day only
>>
You guys dont go on vacations and trips for a week?
>>
>>36389638

First days of last week it was harder not to go than to actually go. I had to convince myself not to cause I was actually hurt and hate myself for staying home. Then I cheated on my diet (a lot by the end of the week), went out and got drunk on Saturday. Was supposed to go back today but for some reason I actually didn't.

100% I'll be back at it tomorrow but still. Don't break your routine unless you absolutely have to. If you're feeling pain just do a very light week, it's what I should have done.
>>
>>36389408
When im ill
>>
>>36389659

You're going with your parents it doesn't count.
>>
>>36389659

When I'm out of town for more than two nights I do pushups, dips, squats (ideally while holding something heavy, but if not, bodyweight), and crunches for maintenance.
>>
>>36389681

im pretty normie by chan standards. I actually go with childhood friends.
>>
File: 29030.png (146 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
29030.png
146 KB, 225x350
>>36389408
when I have essays due and I'm stressed and feeling shit as is. Then I do cardio for a week. I never miss lifting because I want to I do it if I have to. I like my routine.
>>
>>36389706

what i meant is you're still young and obviously don't work a full time job
>>
Any more than one week off and you'll lose progress. I had hernia surgery, was out six weeks, worked back up to my maxes, then got a head injury. I've been out two weeks and today could barely do 1x5 of my normal 5x5 BP.

This shit requries almost unrealistic dedication to get and keep your gainz.
>>
>>36389797

I just asked this in the QTDDTOT thread but since it got no answer: if I don't life for a while (say 3 weeks) but still eat big and get my protein requirements, I'll get fatter that I understand but why would I get weaker, lose muscle mass?
>>
>>36389408
basically don't, save that time for when you go on a vacation somewhere and cant lift, and then just do bodyweight stuff and go on runs if possible. But if you are home, have access to a gym, then fucking lift.
>>
>>36389767
>not having paid vacation time
You just work a shit job breh
>>
>>36389841
You probably won't lose much mass, but you'll definitely get weaker. Your muscles are motors and they rapidly rust when dormant.

During my time away from the gym I'd been especially careful about maintaining a protein levels and eating a surplus, and while it might have helped, it didn't mean I picked up where I left off. I did get regain my strength within a month or so. THis is part of the game, mayne.
>>
>>36389934

fucking hell. but yeah i experienced with muscle memory, it's definitely a thing. lifted seriously from 18 to 21, then stopped until late 24. it seriously took me no more then 6 weeks to get back at where i was.
>>
>>36389952
you know what's up then. IF you're just slacking off and tired, make yourself go to the gym. I need to be injured, seriously ill, or undergoing a life event if I allow myself to miss more than one workout.

Lifting is pretty much the only good thing in my life though, so i guard my precious.
>>
>>36389994

i hurt myself two weeks ago and had a 65 hour work week so i decided to take a week off from lifting. today i just slacked. i'll get back at it tomorrow. 11 days without lifting is a lot though.

anyway not my personal blog but thanks for the advice.
>>
>>36390036
np. gonna make it etc
>>
>>36389408
Ive just started my week off.
My shoulder has been sore for a few weeks and I want to give it a few days before i hit the gym again.
>>
>>36390952

don't slack on nutrition during that week. that's the mistake i did. ''might as well eat what i want since i'm not lifting''.
>>
>>36389841
Took about 4 months off because master's degree was kicking my ass. Kinda scary looking back how easy it was to lapse into not working out even when I had a bit of time.

Anyway, I'm 3 weeks back in and probably at 80% of where I was and catching up fast.
Just uh, if you take a long break take it easy your first couple times back. Almost vomited from trying to push myself at my old levels.

Gotta say, one of the really nice things about the break was that it gave time for all those little niggling minor strains and inflammations to completely heal.
>>
>>36389650
9 sets??? sounds unnecessary

work more muscles, do less sets, maybe reps in the 8-12 range
>>
>>36389408
One week every three months is a rest week.
>>
File: image.webm (544 KB, 256x212) Image search: [Google]
image.webm
544 KB, 256x212
>>36389408
When will you stop wasting everyone's bandwidth on gifs?
>>
Girl here:

Don't quit lifting forever and coast by on dadbod, especially if you're not a dad

Nothing makes me sadder than to see a bunch of chubby, tubby 27-35 year old men, and know that when they were 22, they were swole and lean
>>
>>36392050
What about athletic 27-35 year old men who used to be skinnyfat?
>>
>>36392065
That's very good :) I like that

I regularly turn down tubby men in their late twenties and early thirties, and I tell them that they're too fat and they should lose weight. I would think they'd appreciate that because 1) it's something they can change easily, unlike their face or height and 2) being healthy is great, going out with me is completely irrelevant.

The ones who used to be /fit have it the worst, because you lose fitness so gradually, and you don't realize it. To them, they are still /fit, just a little out of shape, and they get angry at me.
>>
>>36392078
Wow you sound like an insufferable cunt.. Why would you tell someone "nO don't talk to me, you're too chubby" how does that even occur in civilized conversation on a regular basis for you?

I get you think you're doing something good for them but really you're just a cocky little bitch on a pedestal
>>
someone has to do it

>>36392050

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>36392096
Maybe. My logic is that if guy seems nice and pleasant and is making a genuine effort to approach me, but is too fat to attract women, then it really is a shame if he can't get women. I try to help him. I can tell him that he is fat and if he were less fat, he'd be hotter and be much more attractive to women.

Fat shaming is a cultural taboo to be sure, you are right though.
>>
>>36392122
It's not "fat shaming" that *triggered* me here. The way you're talking about this makes it sound like if a chubby guy approaches you, you get into a whole convo how he could improve himself which is weird af and doesn't sound real at all. The scene in my head playing Is of you, condescendingly berating a guy for having the audacity to sniff around your ass. When you could just tell niggas no and leave it at that like a sane woman
>>
>>36389408
when I'm dead
>>
>>36392161
I don't see why it's unbelievable. It's only a couple of short sentences about how he's fat and he should be not-fat, not a pep talk. Most men tend to leave quickly afterwards, and your imagine your reaction is the most common.

I'm sure on another forum, there's another man complaining that women ignore his advances and don't even talk to him. We can't win.
>>
>>36392161
>triggered
you should have quit while you were behind mate.

I cant really fault her, since we dont know what her delivery is; she could be a bitch or genuinely helpful.
You never been hit on by a chubby chick and at very least though 'if only you could get your body together' ?

Also, back on topic, once a year or so I will take a week off, just to decompress and it usually makes me miss gym and go back in harder.
>>
>>36389408
unless you are competing and have a meet coming up, there is no real reason to take extended time off lifting.

But if you have to,thats cool. Just get your ass back under the bar monday morning.
>>
>>36392190
Without getting too personal here, how would you describe yourself physically?
>>
>>36389408
When it impacts school or relationships. Also when i'm feeling tired constantly and my lifts go down, i'll take more sleep and food in lieu of the gym for a week. Lofting is a hobby I love, but anybody who says it needs to be number one priority is either and idiot or an elitist.
>>
>>36392364
>Lofting is a hobby
I really want to slap that on to a nice big scenic pic and put it on the motivation thread just to watch someone get upset.

A number 1 priority, no.
A part of my life that I miss and would rather not have to go without, sure.
>>
When I'm dead
>>
I almost had a week where I reset and did less, but I can't help pushing myself when at the gym
>>
>>36392030
I'm an iPhone fag
>>
>>36389877
3 vacation weeks a year just starting out. Up to a max of 5 weeks in my company. Feels good man.
>>
>>36396094
>3 vacation weeks a year just starting out. Up to a max of 5 weeks in my company. Feels good man.
Bwahahhaa
>tfw 6 weeks paid vacation as minimum
Blessings be upon you, glorious fatherland
>>
I have a 2 year old, 3 month old, and a bitchy wife. Even when I'm hurt I find time to go to the gym because any excuse to get out the house is a Godsend.
>>
>>36389408
Never you fucking faggot.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.