[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else want to quit 4chan to make life gains but is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9
File: 1411913080530.jpg (122 KB, 683x997) Image search: [Google]
1411913080530.jpg
122 KB, 683x997
Does anyone else want to quit 4chan to make life gains but is struggling?

I've stopped playing videogames, I've stopped drinking and drugs but I just CAN'T stop going on this fucking website. Anyone know feel?

What are some suggestions on how to stop? I want to make lifegains, guys ;-;
>>
Post CP get permabanned move in with your life.
>>
File: 1457935616813.gif (10 KB, 646x817) Image search: [Google]
1457935616813.gif
10 KB, 646x817
>>36379637
same here bruh

i used to be a fat nerdy virgin slob
quit games/soda and got /fit/
now i just need to off of this fucking shithole. and weed.
>>
>>36379637
What boards do you frequent?
Fit is the most normie tier, sp tv mu are maybe passable but you could do without them. The problem is that the world is full of idiots and 4chan, aside from the obvious trolling, is actually a refreshing voice of reason. If this site dictates your way of life, the issue isn't with the site.
>>
>>36379661
Used to be /pol/ but for the last year only /biz/ and /int/, occasionally /fit/ but it really has gone downhill lately.

It's not that "dictates" my life it's just that it's so fucking addicting to get sucked into posting for 3-4 hours when I only wanted to check out some threads before doing something productive.
>>
I often go long lengths of time without being on here, but it's usually during times when I'm more easily occupied with something (e.g. class or personal projects, new vidya, traveling). I just feel more compelled to come on when I get to slow points in life like when I have to go into the hospital.

Maybe you should quit approaching it in an all or nothing mindset. I never feel needing to come on here these days, but those times when I viewed this place as something to avoid just made my use more compulsive.

Stay busy and let yourself have some wiggle room
>>
>>36379643
Or just say that you're a minor so FBI won't get on your ass
>>
>>36379690
I do man but it always inevitably leads to me falling back into lying in bed posting on my phone for hours
>>
>>36379637
Same bro
>>
>>36379637
How long have you been browsing the chan, m8?
>>
>>36379643

Permabaned and posting
>>
>>36379714
For Years regularly.

Just killme pls
>>
>>36379637
you're here because you have nothing better to do. the way to "quit" 4chan is by participating in regular activities. every weekday after work I go out and do something, and I know in advance what I'm supposed to do.
>>
I just started playing GTA V and its fucking great. I mean think about it from this perspective, billions of years ago cells divided in the primordial soup etc etc evolution then a few hundred thousand years ago early man appeared, Millenia of technological advancement, computers are invented and finally after all that GTA V is made. I living breathing world running on a chip the size of your fingernail.

It's incredible, it's actually mind boggling to think of all the things that had to occur for that game and other modern games to exist. But no, you go ahead and ignore the most impressive human accomplishment and invention to ever exist. Go and lift heavy things like a caveman could have 100,000 years ago.
>>
>>36379733
I just come back from work or gym and I use it to justify sitting on 4chan.

It's FUCKED man.
>>
>>36379728
Damn. I was expecting you to say two years or so. I was pretty regular on the chan years ago, spending hours a day browsing different boards and shitposting. Now? Not so much. I would tell you that time fixes it, and in general life.
>>36379690 Pretty much what this Anon said. You just gotta stay busy, go out with friends or something. Read a book, write, paint, whatever..as long as you aren't wasting your time on this shithole. Pretty much everyone who has made it has left this place behind (well...some).
>>
>>36379744
I know man.

I realize all this in theory but I can't do it for longer than a few weeks.

I fucking hate 4chan, only NEETs, underaged and losers come here. But I can't stop.

I keep browsing thinking "what if I miss an important thread" or I remember one of the amazing times I had on here and got some 10/10 life advice... But it never happens again.

In all honesty from spending countless hours on /biz/, /g/, and /fit/ like 1% or less is useful information, everything else is a waste of time. But it's just so addicting. I know no one successful comes here but fuck man, the /int/ and /biz/ memes have grown into a part of me, mostly.
>>
>>36379661
/tv/, /sp/ and /mu/ are fucking terrible. /mu/ is the least terrible but still terrible
>>
>>36379817
Every board is shit, let's leave it at that.
>>
>TFW
>>
>>36379661
/fit/
normie tier? are you kidding me. This is like r9k starts lifting

sp is probably the most normie one
>>
>>36379769

What is biz like?

I'd like to browse but seeing rich people makes me sad because I'll never be one of them as I am too awkward to get a decent job and I'm not a risk taker
>>
>>36379934
Eh... Maybe not now but /fit/ used to be less memes, more self-improvement. Other then feels threads of course. Those were always around.
>>
>>36379944
>I'll never be one

Not with that attitude.

And it's shit. Used to be good like a year ago, the general population was hard working achievers and people with an idea of where they want to go.

Now it's trolls and NEETs, and all the normal people left it a long time ago.
>>
File: 1444375485024.jpg (58 KB, 777x738) Image search: [Google]
1444375485024.jpg
58 KB, 777x738
>>36379676
Learn some self control you fucking failure. Will power is like a muscle, you must exercise it; you're clearly doing a terrible job

>inb4dankmemes
>>
>>36379958

I've thought about it long and hard, and it's just not me. A lot of people just don't have what it takes. I'm not adverse to saving or working hard but that will only make you well off without other attributes I don't have or risk taking which I am highly averse too.

I'd like to be but I'm just focusing on well off and working like most of the population does
>>
>>36379978
You don't need risk my man.

Focus on making as much money as you can, spend less than you earn, put the rest into ETFs.

If you do this you WILL become a millionaire at some point in your life(depends on how much you earn/save of course).
>>
Yea, it's very difficult. First off, when I have a cool idea for a thread, I feel like I HAVE to post it. And then when I make a thread or a post, I'm addicted to seeing if people responded to it. So I have to keep coming back to see if anyone did.

This shit is the reason why I can't get my schoolwork done.
>>
>>36379970
True shit bro.

I mean I had enough willpower to stop videogames and drugs... Why not this?

>>36379990
Fucking this.

Also addicted to checking if an "important" thread was posted - there never is, it's all useless.
>>
File: 1438055953339.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1438055953339.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3000
>>36379934
>sp is probably the most normie one
This is a meme, they desperately wish they were but they are serious autistic losers. There are plenty of well-adjusted people here but they tend to be on the smaller boards.
>>
File: 1449604815634.jpg (57 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
1449604815634.jpg
57 KB, 640x482
>>36379996
If you have enough will power to stop doing drugs, you'll have enough to limit yourself to a website. It's easy, stop overthinking it. I'm in the process of stopping smoking weed because it ruins my motivation to get /fit/, it's all a process. But it will build you mentally. Stop being a faggot and just do it. Don't go against your mind too much when it knows what is right for itself.
>>
>>36380018
My mind pulls me here though...
Fuck I guess it's best though.

If anything I'll come back in a few months to check it all out.
>>
>>36379996
Maybe because you have a stronger addiction towards internet and the social environment dictates that you check social networks regularly, which might trigger your desire to check your most favoritest website.

Gotta be conscious about it for a while to give it up.
>>
Good ol' chon is not holding you back, pal. It's all in you (or it ain't). There's a saying in my home country and it might sound awkward in english- a poor dancer will find that even his own balls are in the way.
>there'll always be something to blame when you fail to apply yourself
Take it from me, I lost everything I had 4 years ago. For a while it seemed that no matter what I do it will all be shit anyway. But it's all about improving a little between two moments of observation. Consistency in progressing. Eventually you'll be good at whatever you want to. Keep working. I got me a lame job, but i became really good at it and now i make more per hour than people who look down on my line of work while they man their desks. Got money, got myself a nice, sexy and religious girl, moved in together and recently made plans to move it forward. Staying at 225 lbs with a comfy 15% bf. Decent looking and fairly strong without being one of the "lifting is my life" guys. And i indulge in a bit of lurking almost daily.
>>
>>36379637
I'm getting bored of 4chan, games and nerdy things in generals, but now i'm in a limbo, so no nerdy shit or social makes me pretty depressed.
make sure before you quit you have some goals aligned
>>
>>36380037
I have an official ADHD diagnosis.
>>
>>36379637
why would you stop? just reduce the amount of time
if you ask me 4chan is pretty useful for filtering out raw information on the internet through a lens of unbridled cynicism. its one of the most truthful places on the internet
>>
>>36380037
Is that country Russia?
>>
>>36380041
I don't know, man.. AFAIK in the US they hand those out like free candy. And prescription pills are pushed on you. I have travelled and lived in many different countries across good ole Yuropand I have yet to see a real ADHD person. I have met people who are easily distracted because they never really had to pay attention, take responsibility or accomplish. An easy life in early childhood will do that. It might be tough to overcome, but you can surely do it.
>>36380057
No, but i guess it makes sense that a lot of central/eastern european countries have all appropriated the same "wisdom"
>>
>>36380037
Thanks bro.

>>36380043
It's really not.

You can get the maximum use from every board in an hour. Everything else is extra, OR more likely, better attained elsewhere.

The sticky on /fit/ is good for beginners for example. But beyond that is there really a point of reading 50 threads about "TFW no gf", "HIGH TEST", and fedoraposting?
>>
File: 1424997099441.png (87 KB, 450x675) Image search: [Google]
1424997099441.png
87 KB, 450x675
>>36380035
the faggot part of your mind pulls you here, but the Einstein part is telling you to stay away, that this place is bad for you. Post PC or say you're underage to get perma b&. DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>36380068
It's overdiagnosed, but it certainly exists. Watch this video, for instance. These are little kids, barely out of kindergarten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IO6zqIm88s

Some people have a really hard time understanding that some people have significant difficulty keeping their attention where they might like.
>>
>>36379736
is this pasta?
>>
>>36380109
The fact that you were able to not only reply but actually make a point tells me you can make it. Your ADHD, real or not, is not capable of holding you back and you just presented me with proof. Now get out there and make something of it. If i'm still talking to the same guy, that is..
>>
>>36380001
can you explain what is going on in the picture? i don't understand
>>
>>36379996
>I mean I had enough willpower to stop videogames and drugs... Why not this?

Because you don't have a social outlet to replace 4chan. I barely post in this shit hole but I'm still here reading this garbage. Later on I'll be out with people but right now everybody is asleep. I could go to the gym though. Or get some more sleep.
>>
>broke up with gf
>moved into dirt cheap flat with 2 chill nerdy room mates
>lifting on point
>read every night
>saving about 80% of my income
>live 2 minutes drive from my work
>do 4 days, 3 days off
>thinking of doing a bachelor in IT (im not that smart so engineering or comp sci wouldn't be good for me)
>spending time networking at current workplace, crafting CV to land a better job hopefully in IT if i can show im able to learn and working towards a degree
>got a semi-nice car for a good price
>cut off contact with a lot of old shitty friends
>no more drinking and weed
>still browse 4chan at night in my down time for a wee bit while eating meal

it's all about balance and incremental gains friends. don't focus too much on the negatives, focus on all you have built. 1 year ago i was an unemployed, chronically depressed stoner who literally just drank, smoked weed and fucked around on the internet. looked like shit, everything was a mess, no confidence

now im a semi-respectable adult that fucks around on the internet but has more money and a little more direction
>>
this thread made me realize i've been browsing this site for 8 years. holy shit.
>>
>>36380426
Me & you both brother.

Me & you both.
>>
>>36380426
8 years?????

Jesus Christ I thought my 2-3 years regularly and a couple more irregularly was bad...

IM QUITTING THIS SHITHOLE
>>
Leaving 4chan is impossible when you have no job and no social life.
>>
>>36379676
>I only wanted to check out some threads
When that impuls comes, say to yourself a firm "No."
>>
>>36380543
It's hell even with a job

>tfw posting/checking threads every single break and when work is low
>>
>4chan has been my life for 5 years
>Most of my greatest memories are 4chan related (GETs, events, happenings, etc)
>4chan is my main source of social contact after uni

I'm too far in this hole
>>
>>36380558
Jesus Christ man get out while you still have self awareness

This is not healthy.

You're not getting any younger and it's not going to get any easier.
>>
>>36380077
dubs of truth do it OP dont be such a faggot
>>
>>36379744
7-8 years here brah, the closest ive ever come to quitting was when moot cucked up /pol/ and every board was invaded by normies and had a mass exodus to wholechan. Ive heard whole is better but its harder to browse mobile so i never use it cuz lmao!!noapps. I dont really wanna quit tho cuz ive stalled in my normieing up process
>>
>>36380077
Reported for requesting PC
>>
>not having the self discipline and control to enjoy browsing alongside making life gains

You should strive towards this honestly.
>>
File: 1422244694213.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422244694213.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Who cares? I website doesn't make you who you are.

I've been reading /fit/ for years, since my first day of lifting, and while most of the shit posted here is just that, I still enjoy dropping by a few times a week.

It's just a piece of the puzzle, m8, not the whole thing.
>>
>>36380586
Sup oldfag. Going on year 5 or 6 here myself.

Tried to quit before and failed. Now I don't really want to. This site is the last bastion of true unfiltered free speech on the internets I've found out. Imagine I'll be here as long as the boards exist.
>>
>>36379637
Work more
Get friends
Go outside
Get a hobby.

I've barely been on this board because I've been working so much. I just come to literally shit post.
>>
I've been coming here for years and I don't see myself leaving anytime soon
What other websites are even good?
I feel like replacing 4chan for another chan defeats the purpose
>>
>>36379637
you come back here because you're bored

because you have nothing better to do

this website doesn't bring you here, it just sit there waiting for you to be bored so it can entertain you, you chose to come here

find a hobby, go to /diy/, make something, the people there actually achieve things, they even help noobs sometimes
>>
staying here is still better than going outside and realize how fucked up everything is, how stupid people are and what gigantic cunts women are.

if i dont lurk hours every day i probably get cancer and depression.
>>
>>36380123

Sounds more like the truth desu.

Video games are one of the most impressive accomplishments (technologically speaking) that's available to the public. Granted, it's a massive time sink and gives you absolutely nothing in return, but it is pretty amazing what we can do now.
>>
>>36380558

You're me pretty much.

But, I have a friend I always talk to on skype. We're both autists though, so it doesn't really help.
>>
>>36379637
>I've stopped playing videogames, I've stopped drinking and drugs

So why are you alive again?
>>
>>36379637
I stopped for a couple years when captchas were first introduced. Just went on IRCs and spinoff imageboards populated by bitter oldfags instead though so I don't know if that counts.
>>
>>36379637
Quitting drugs has negative impact on lifegains IMO.

Quitting vidya was hard, but definitely helps

This site is good for browsing while qt 3.14 wonders wtf you're doing on phone while ignoring her
>>
>>36379948
>fit used to be good
/fit/ is infamous for being aweful since day one
>>
>>36380068
>a real adhd person
>blaming short attention span on lack of ambition

Youre fucking retarded its a literal brain chemical imbalance you dink
>>
Well no one will give me a fucking job so 4chan gives me an opportunity to practice my best talent, which is shitposting
>>
File: 1401869822350.jpg (11 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1401869822350.jpg
11 KB, 250x241
>>36380558
This but make it 10 years for me.

>mfw most people you share the site with were 8 to 10 years old when you started browsing

KEK YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>36380426
How long ago was 2006?

Shit...
>>
>>36379637
you're here forever
>>
>>36379637
Holy shit is nobody going to ask for sauce on this?
>>
>>36379637
No. I make the gym a part ofy life just like the gym. I don't male either of them my entire life.
>>
>>36379637
I realized that if I quit 4chan, I quit the internet. It's not like I browse anything else in this amount.
>>
given I dont have many friends, it's nice to socialize on sites like this on a variety of topics.

meeting people after college/uni S U C K S.
>>
File: 1281304979821.jpg (24 KB, 465x468) Image search: [Google]
1281304979821.jpg
24 KB, 465x468
>literally 5 to 7 years I've browsed this place near daily

Is it a bad thing really?

I love the zero pressure social interaction here. Do you think that holds us back?
>>
>>36379637
It's hard to stop if you literally have nothing else to do.
I did a lot during my internship over the summer because I didnt have a lot of work.

During school it slows down though.

You need to make yourself busy so you don't have time to browse chan.
>>
>>36386872
You can't learn how to navigate a real social life by being on here. So yes, it does hold you back.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.