[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cant gain weight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: >0 gains.jpg (445 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
>0 gains.jpg
445 KB, 2048x1152
hey fit, I'm not even sure if this is the right place to ask, but a month back I wanted to gain weight. not to be fit or look good just to look average.
Im 18, male and I weigh 94 pounds. I eat 3 meals a day with some granola bars in between and i've managed to loose a pound. the most exercise I did was a few squats, sit ups, and push ups here and there (never going over 30 of each).
and I don't have any disorder that I know of.
am I doing something wrong?
am I fucked genetically?
pic related it's my wrist and that's a quarter.
>>
>>36378981
You just have a Fast metabolism bro. Many people on /fit/ wish they did so that they wouldn't have to watch what they eat
>>
>am I doing something wrong?
Yes. You're not eating enough.
>"b-but I eat a lo-"
No you don't. Eat more. A lot more
>>
>>36378981
what do your meals consist of?
>>
>>36378981
>>36379004
Yep your metabolism is just too fast, there really isn't any way to gain weight besides confusing your body by eating less. Count calories and go on a 500 calorie cut, this will confuse the body and you will gain weight.
>>
>>36379015
for breakfast i usually eat cereal with strawberries and whole milk with a plate of eggs.
lunch usually a sandwich of some kind mainly BLT style on wheat bread.
dinner is usually a form of stir fry, steak, and a burger.
>>
>>36379062
None of that food sounds like it came out of a microwave
>>
File: 1384956873259.jpg (1 MB, 3496x1638) Image search: [Google]
1384956873259.jpg
1 MB, 3496x1638
>>36378981
Oh poor you! Those unfortunate genetics!
>>
>>36379072
never had a microwave in my life.
I learned how to cook on an open flame before i even knew microwaves existed.
>>
>>36379062
eat larger portions.If youre really serious about gaining weight though, eat til youre on the brink of throwing up and actually lift. Eventually, you wont be ablr to eat a meal without still being hungry at the end.
>>
>>36379128
I think i might do this.
any recommendations on what I should actually lift or any training regimens that I should look up?
>>
>>36378981
Metabolism only accounts for like a 25% difference in TDEE between individuals after accounting for bodyweight.

Either you're eating less than 1000 kcal a day or you have a SEVERE digestive issue. Or a tapeworm.

Not to be a memer, but go on GOMAD, or some other similar diet where you KNOW you're getting at least 3000 kcal a day for a month. If you don't gain weight, go see a doctor because your large intestine is probably fucked or some shit.
>>
>>36379019
It sounds dumb, but this actually works really well. I went from 48 to 60kg doing it
>>
>>36379128
>eat til youre on the brink of throwing up
As a skelly, I can attest to this. Weed helps.
>>
>>36379162
Starting strength is the go to for beginners, read the sticky.
If you just want as much mass as possible in a short time, SS + GOMAD does work, but you get a fair bit of extra bodyfat
>>
>>36379076
>>36379164
These.

Everyone else is trolling you, because you're a dumbass. READ THE FUCKING STICKY FAGGOT YOU ARE ***NOT*** A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.
>>
S T I C K Y
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>36378981
track your calories. trust me. Use myfitnesspal or whatever you want, but do it. You'll see how small you're eating
>>
>>36379007
/thread
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.