[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this whole ice pack on fat cells thing work? The concept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 620x387
Does this whole ice pack on fat cells thing work?

The concept is you freeze the fat cells which in turn kills them, and they are flushed out of your body. Same as those tubes you sit in for a little while they blast you with cold air, except it doesn't cost you a thing.

Has anyone tried this?
>>
That's some voodoo magic right there
>>
don't be retarded
>>
>>36377781
No, that's retarded, ice packs for weight loss are based on the idea that lowering your skin temperature causes you to burn more calories in order to keep your body temperature stable, hence why swimmers like Michael Phelps have to eat 13 000 calories a day to not lose weight
>>
This is some mom-science shit.
>>
>>36377781
It won't work
>>
>not taking long ice-cold bath for max far loss
>2016

shiggy
>>
>>36377781
To freeze the fat cells you would have to first freeze and kill the skin cells
>Retard Alert
>>
>>36377847
that seems like it would work because your whole body would need to work to keep the temp up, right? or would it be negligeable and uncomfortable
>>
>>36377781

It does work, but not because it freezes the fat cells.

Google scholar brown adipose tissue. Basically, these fat cells have mitochondria in them, unlike the rest. They're the 'same' cells in the same number from childhood. As you age, these things congregate entirely around your upper back/traps/upper chest.

If you expose brown adipose tissue to cold temperatures for ~2 minutes, it activates - sending a hormonal response to adipose tissue surrounding it to sacrifice themselves to preserve the BAT.

You can actually feel it if you take cold showers - no troll. Cold showers are kind of miserable, but if you allow the water to run across your upper-back for just about 2 minutes you'll actually feel the heat of the BAT activating.

Also

>>36377818

Water has a much higher specific heat than air, which allows the water to suck more heat out of your body at a much faster rate. As you lose more heat, your body burns fat to keep it's temperature stable.
>>
>>36377781
um killed cells=gangrene=ER visit=more $$ than u can probably afford
>>
File: 1454297032706.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1454297032706.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>freeze the fat cells which in turns kill them, and they are flushed out of your body
>>
>>36377869
See>>36377818
The idea that sitting or swimming in cold water can drastically increase weight loss actually has the support of a biophysicist from NASA called Ray Cronise
>>
>>36377881

Idfk man I'm new to this shit
>>
>>36377898

So take ice bathes or cold showers?

Do you have any sources?
>>
>>36377873
so, are you saying that I could improve my fat reduction simply by taking a cold shower in the morning?
I'm not looking for a quick fix, to be clear. but if that actually works, I'd be willing to try it.
>>
>>36377909
Here is his website, at least one study found that making fat women sit in cold water for half an hour a day resulted in no weight loss but that failed to take into account that they probably ate more to compensate for any calories burned.

Anecdotally Penn Jillete credits him for helping him lose 105lbs in only a few months and it's also well documented that elite swimmers including Michael Phelps eat over 11 000 calories a day, far more than almost any other athlete including marathon runners

http://hypothermics.com/home/
>>
>>36377781
>fat
>a thing that has two major purposes, one of which is to keep your internals warm
>it has been this way for centuries, through ice ages
>putting some gay gel icebag shit from faggot ass target on it is going to kill it and give you abs

what the fuck are you even doing here?
>>
>>36377873
>adipose tissue

do you also go to work and talk to coworkers who give give two shits less about your diet in terms of Kcals, too? fucking internet nutritionists.
>>
>>36377980

Sorry please don't hurt me with your testosterone
>>
>>36377936

It can't hurt. We're talking about, perhaps, a 100 calorie metabolic increase. If you stack that, with fasted cardio, and ECA, coupled with a solid cut you'll lose weight that much faster.

If you're not down for cold showers then you can instead just put an ice-pack on your upper back for ~30 minutes.

The best thing you could do is find a cold lake/river/ocean to swim in at the start of your day before breakfast.

>>36378008

The stuff is called brown adipose tissue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_adipose_tissue

Educate yourself.
>>
>>36377936
Speaking as a physicistfag I'd be inclined to say that moderately cold water for long periods of time would be more effective than very cold water for short periods of time, in other words you'd be better off using the ice pack like other anons have suggested or to lie in a bathtub of cold but not freezing water for an hour while you read a book or have a fap
>>
I read that killing fat cells is bad. It's why lipo is frowned upon, cos when you kill/remove fat cells, they prop up else where (face, knees) if you cant maintain and end up getting fat again.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.