[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fit, My girlfriend wants to start working out. I know the sticky
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1441227244129.png (650 KB, 1325x1568) Image search: [Google]
1441227244129.png
650 KB, 1325x1568
Fit,

My girlfriend wants to start working out. I know the sticky says woman can do the same programs men can do but my gf literally can't do any SS or SL routine exercises yet.

Think of your typical girl who does nothing but sit around the house or do makeup or some shit and that's her. I tried to get her to do a squat with just the barbell and she almost collapsed. Then I asked her to do some bodyweight squats and she proceeded to do 2 pathetic shaky leg squats.

How do I go about working her up to the bar so she can start a real routine?
>>
kettlebells but bar asap
>>
>>36376631
My gym doesn't have kettleballs. does a dumbell work? But I doubt she could do them anyways. she literally can't do 10 BW squats with good form.
>>
Excuses: The Thread

Bodyweight -> Dumbbells -> barbells

Fuck off, cunt.
>>
if you can't lift the bar start with dumbbells

if you can't lift a 5 lb dumbbell do bodyweight

if you're too week to do a pushup change your diet until you can

if you can't change your diet, kill yourself.
>>
>>36376702
>>36376682
I'll just have her do bw squats in the corner then
>>
>>36376615
how fat is this bitch?
like even my little 6 year old sister can do fucking body weight squats
>>
>>36376702
this
>>
>>36376615
make her do like 65 pound dead-lifts using 10lbs bumper plates.

that should be easy enough to get her to build up strength in her legs.
>>
>>36376718
I've got my three year old niece practicing back squats, deadlifts, and benching with a set of foam barbells and plates I made her.
>>
>>36376615
When I'm helping people get started, sometimes they have to do negatives until they can do the real thing.

My brother had to do negatives on the chin up bar to start, but after a month or two he could do sets of 5.
>>
>>36377479
That's fucking cute.

Should teach my niece the same, but she prefers going around the house "cleaning".
>>
File: 1453990758756.jpg (137 KB, 736x1040) Image search: [Google]
1453990758756.jpg
137 KB, 736x1040
>>36376642
Help her wit assisted squats with yur hands under her thights ans lightly assist her weight down and get her to do 3 sets of 12.

Also get her to do pick related until weights can be done in good form even if they are 5 lb dumbbells.
>>
That's really fucking pathetic. If she can't do body weight squat have her start with leg press
>>
try leg press
>>
>>36376642
Is your girlfriend actually a cow? How can a functioning human adult not do 10 bodyweight squats.
>>
definitely don't have her do SS
just show her a few resistance exercises and have her do cardio. If you give her a neckbeard routine she'll want to quit
>>
File: 1437301596455.jpg (247 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1437301596455.jpg
247 KB, 1366x768
Not even trying to be an asshole man, but don't get too invested. If she doesnt hate her body or have similarly strong motivation to work, you can't make her. Just start her with some basic, entertaining shit to see if she gets a feel for it. Think any kind of leg exercise, basic arm and back shit. The more feminine the better.

Just be ready for her to get bored and quit.
>>
Oh, and if she's as weak as you day she is and she's not a whale, jogging helps build leg muscles to levels that allow for proper strength training. Same with those stair climbing exercises. Just make sure she doesnt heelstrike when she runs and you'll be k.
>>
>>36376615
Look up "Strong Curves". It has great progressions to teach people form (e.g. for squats you start with goblet squats, box squats etc.; for deadlifts you do hip hinges and RDLs and so on).

I wouldn't follow all of it, it's a bit too confusing, but it's good to take advice from.

Contreras in general is pretty good to give girls decent bodies.

And keep in mind women's minds don't work the same way. She'll want to be entertained and see progress immediately and most likely want to do a different thing every single time too
>>
>>36376615
My gf never worked out before and she can do bodyweight squats just fine

how come
>>
>>36376615
startbodyweight.com has a couch to whatever progression
>>
>>36377510
What's negatives
>>
>>36380604

You only do the negative part (or concentric) of the exercise.

ie just do the down movement of the chinup
>>
>>36376615

finding a new girlfriend will be much easier and prbly more successful than getting your current one to put forth any serious effort. at least get her interested in posting her "progress" on facebook, that's prbly the only real motivation she'll understand.
>>
>>36380623
By jumping up first?
>>
>>36380632
By starting while standing on a chair or having a person help you get up or as you said jumping.
>>
>>36376615
More sexy anime butts.
>>
>>36378756
I only have to pick up 3-6 things a day. Max.
>>
>>36381429
And when I do I usually use my foot to save precious energy.
>>
START with 0-5 rep range desu.
Get her strong er asap
>>
>>36376615
drop her
she s just hindering your workout
>>
>>36376615

Show pic of girlfriends ass.
>>
>>36380604
What's Google?
>>
>>36378836
This.
>>
get her to download one of those squat challenge apps, get her to do those at home then when she's done with that get her in the gym with the bar

i think theres a crunches and pushup one as well, prolly get her on squats and crunches if you want to fuck a decent looking body
>>
>>36376702
>if you're too week to do a pushup change your diet until you can

Or you know you could do easier pushup variations, like bending at the knees or putting your hands on an elevated platform

I literally started like that, I couldnt do a single bw pushup to save my life. So I did "pushups" in the doorframe for 2 weeks, then did pushups from the windowsill, then did pushups from my bed, then did normal pushups, then did pushups with elevated feet and then I bought homegym equip because I saw that a strict calisthenics progression was very hard and time consuming
>>
>>36376615
My girl had the same problem when she started SS. Had to start her on the 15kg bar. Now she's squatting 60, OHP 25, bench 40 and DL 60. It's good progress.
There's a reason the ladies bar is only 15kg, OP. But if she follows the program, she'll be on at least the Olympic men's bar for all things in no longer than a week and a half.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.