[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strech for squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: dave-draper-squat.jpg (60 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
dave-draper-squat.jpg
60 KB, 400x297
Hey guys. My squat sucks. Like, really, sucks. I have real bad mobility, although my legs are kinda flexible, my ankle and hips are stiff... Do you guys recommend specific streches for squat? any suggestion?

Pic related, but surelty isn't me.
>>
Agile 8 or limber 11. Had them recommended by some oly lifting bro at the gym. Tried it seemed ok.
>>
>>36376583
could you explain more? how was it for you?
>>
>>36376441
i do some of these with agile 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Tcj0YK5zM
>>
>>36376441
try with less weight and get those body parts use to the routine. also whenever you're not doing anything try to keep moving your ankles.
about the hips, I've never thought about this, but I think dancing something like belly dance will surely help, it may be embarrassing to do it on public, just put a youtube video and try to imitate the dace before going to the gym

anything for gains
>>
The Fire Hydrant exercise
>>
>>36376441

Why is the bar bending like that? There's only 4 pl8s there. I squat the same and I don't think the bar bends tsunami-bar-style like in that pic.
>>
>>36376441
OP sometimes it's flexibility, sometimes it's lack of actual strength on the muscles that stabilize you when squatting. Just try to bodyweight squat the best you can and after a while you'll get it
>>
>>36379387
>Belly dancing for flexibility

Nigga that's gay as fuck
>>
>>36381009
Look at his arms, he is pulling the bar down on either side of his body. It helps for increasing upper back tightness.
>>
File: CB001-1.jpg (101 KB, 650x434) Image search: [Google]
CB001-1.jpg
101 KB, 650x434
>>36381009

It's a cambered bar. Intentionally bent to make it easier to grip without stressing the shoulders. Looks like a pretty shitty one, probably made it themselves with a normal bar, but still.

>>36381145

Lol that would be pretty impressive if you could bend a bar that hard.
>>
>>36376441
I first sit down in a deep squat or goblet squat, really focusing on pressing my knees out as far as I can.

Then some dynamic fire hydrants.

Then do some squat jumps or just normal warmup, going through the motion.

Then still put a piece of wood under my heals because my piece of shit body can't stay upright. But that warmup fixes my hip problems usually.
>>
>>36376441
doing squats should help
>>
>>36381219
Man work on your ankle flexibility rather than the piece of wood thing...
squat down and put a 80-100 kg barbelle on my knees at the beginning of every training session and have made some great progresses when it comes to ankle flexibility
>>
>>36381240
Have you really? How long did it take to see changes?
>>
>>36381268
1 single training. I do it during 1-2 minutes before each workout
>>
If your ankles are stiff, just do low bar squats. And do leg presses for your quads.
>>
File: niccage.jpg (20 KB, 590x421) Image search: [Google]
niccage.jpg
20 KB, 590x421
>>36381288
>leg presses
>>
>>36381288
>leg presses
>low bar

Or do not be a faggot and just do real squats and work your mobility
>>
>>36381378
>real squats
You saying high bar? Sure but only if you deadlift to work those posterior muscles.
>>
>>36381394
I only do RDL added to my clean pulls because normal deadlifts are not optimal for me, being an oly lifter.
But yes I agree you have to work on your posterior chain if you squat highbar or only front squat
>>
>>36381179
Damn that's crazy how much the bar was still bent after Roger Estep racked it after doing the 4pl8s.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 701x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 701x511
>>36381406
>oly lifter
You mean weightlifter?
>>
>>36381430
sorry bad English I just sounded retarded
>>
>>36381065
are u jelly you don't have the core control to belly dance, anon?
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 311x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 311x323
>>36381477
Not sure if professional troll or actually this new.
>>
>>36376441
Foam roll your calves and quads. Make sure to hit the area just below your knee. Also do some hyper extensions.
>>
>>36381240
>>36381279
any pics/videos of the barbell-on-knees thing?
>>
>>36381652
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.