[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get concussed two weeks ago >face still hurts, feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: tinn.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tinn.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>get concussed two weeks ago
>face still hurts, feels numb and hot at point of impact
>confused
>been hearing this tone ever since

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj7_9Fkkp7g

I went to the er after it happened and they said I"ll be fine but it has not gotten any better at all. I can't sleep and while I can remember the concussive event I can't rmemeber much fo the last two weeks.

I dont' know if they'll do anyhthign at all at the ER if I go back.
>>
>>36375519
Go back to the doctor.

Concussions are no joke and could bring about other brain issues after the fact.
>>
Oh shit you're done

F to pay respects
>>
>>36375556
what can they do? I got a CT teh first time and it was clear.
>>
File: 50831.jpg (37 KB, 396x388) Image search: [Google]
50831.jpg
37 KB, 396x388
bump
>>
??? How the fuck did they not treat you? Honestly go and get MRI scans. I had a pretty wicked brain injury over the summer and they pretty much rushed me to the ER, pumped me full of antibiotics, sedatives and "supersalts." I still have some residual symptoms but i wouldn't be typing this if it weren't for my medical team. I don't know how bad your concussion is, but severe or minor you still should have some treatment... that shit can trigger seizures (especially if you're drinking), so see what kind of r(x) you can get. I know i was on propanolol (sp?) for a while to prevent sympathetic nervous system storming.

Do you know which part(s) of your brain got bonked?
>>
>>36376133
It was a minor concussion. I was dazed at the time but not too bad.

>ee what kind of r(x) you can get.
THe ER gave me a script for a barbiturate that I didn't take since it was mostly for headaches, and my headache wasn't too bad. I'm thinking of taking an ativan to help to help me relax a bit tonight and perhaps go tomorrow.

Were you given prednisone? I asked the ENT (who said my ears were fine adn that hte ringing and other symptoms shoudl subside) if I should be on anti inflammatories or something and he said no.

how did you hurt your head?
>>
>>36376133
>Do you know which part(s) of your brain got bonked?

and it was a frontal impact. Feels sort of like I just took off a baseball hat.
>>
I know that feel anon, I got a pretty bad concussion during wrestling back in the day. Every couple weeks or so your hearing cuts out and you hear a sharp ringing sound, then your hearing slowly comes back. At least that's how it is with my experience.
>>
>>36376240

The site of impact doesn't necessarily tell you ahich part of your brain was injured. The initial impact causes the brain to fling forward and hit the skull, and that's what does it. I got hit on the left, but my lesions were on the right.

It helped to find out exactly which areas of my brain were swollen so I could research the functions of the lobes in question, thus gaining a better understanding of my symptoms and how I needed to ask to be treated in therapy.
>>
>>36376281
HOw long did your recovery last? The ER doc and ENT both said I'd be fine but everythign feels like it just happened.

>>36376295
how did you end up being treated?
>>
>>36376385

How? Well i don't remember the event at all, but there was a witness that rang 911 and an ambulance showed up asap. I was apparently still awake and "combative" so i guess they somehow managed to get me on a stretcher and hook me up to IVs (which i apparently yanked out lol) with hella ketamine. They rushed me to the ER, finally put me down and started pumping me full of antibiotics, stuff to stabililize my intracranial pressure as much as possible ("supersalts" i think i was told), drilled a hole in my head to insert a pressure monitor, and i guess gradually weaned me off the ketamine. I woke up confused as hell but they kept repeating what happened to me ("you were hit by a car") so I was able to answer them when they were testing my mental state.

Stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks totally out of it, getting fed meds orally. Eventually i was released to my parents (again, with a propanolol prescription), who managed to get me into occupational and speech therapy.
>>
Get everything checked that you can, seriously. I got a concussion in secondary school and my grades were never the same since. I'll never know if it's just coincidence or I'm legitimately damaged.

You could have tinnitus, and there's no cure for that.
>>
>>36376492
damn dude. you got wrecked. I'm sorry to hear that. How long ago was the crash?
>>
>>36376626
August, but it's all good haha. I've been recovering really well.
>>
>>36376606
>You could have tinnitus, and there's no cure for that.

I have tinnitus, it's just a matter of if it goes from acute to chronic or not. It began immediately after the impact.
>>
bedtime bump just in case
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 500x354
I have laryngitis right, meaning I can't eat, drink, or do anything physical. I'm drained of energy, can't breathe through my nose, have an intense pain in my throat, my neck lymph nodes are swollen, and am living life very uncomfortably right now. When will it end?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.