[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help, /fit/ I'm at my wit's end. >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: mystic.png (101 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
mystic.png
101 KB, 485x303
I need your help, /fit/ I'm at my wit's end.

> be me
> read that meditation can really help you psychologically and physically
> decide to try it
> close all the curtains in my room
> play forest sounds through my earbuds
> lie down on my bed with a hood over my face
> try to clear my mind
> approximately 1 hour passes
> this isn't doing shit, decide to go do something actually productive
> try to get up
> can't fucking move
> whatthefuck.zip
> try to say something
> I can't open my mouth, the only noise I make is a pathetic gurgle
> hear a growl
> something grabs my ankles and starts pulling me off of the bed
> holyshit
> time is slowing
> I can barely move, but manage to shift my upper body enough that I fall off the bed
> as I hit the ground, time goes back to normal, but I can still barely move
> there's a man in a suit in my room
> I start dragging my self towards him, quietly whimpering and holding my hand out towards him
> he sees me and drags me into the bathroom
> he leaves and begins to close the door
> it's super fucking dark, I'm terrified of what might happen if he closes that door
> manage to whimper "help me"
> wake up in a pool of sweat in my bed

This has happened twice now. I'm enticed by the possible benefits of meditation but I can't fucking get attacked by demons every time I try it. Wat do?
>>
Sounds like sleep paralysis.
>>
Youre not supposed to fall asleep within 10 hours of meditation. After that the demons will leave (they are impatient)
>>
>>36372443

>meditation

you're fuckin doing it wrong

also sleep paralysis
>>
Either try to work this out in therapy, or keep doing it until you beat the demon.

This is an opportunity to get some insight into your subconscious.

What's happened to you, Anon?
>>
>>36372443
what you were doing is not meditation AT ALL. read a fucking book or something you idiot
>>
>>36372455
Pretty much this, with the added spice of drifting in and out of a nightmare.
>>
Every time I go to sleep I relive the moment I accidentally killed a kitten.

Any supplements or anything that can improve my dreams/state of mind?
>>
>>36372443
you're mediating wrong

Also what you experienced is called sleep paralysis. It's very frightening sure, but it's not dangerous. It's a fairly well-documented thing, you should google it and read up on it a bit. Just knowing that it's actually a fairly normal thing should make it feel less scary if it happens again because at least now you'll know it's just your mind fucking with you, there's not actually a demon in the room.

Also if you lie on your stomach when trying to fall asleep you won't get sleep paralysis. Not sure why, but it works.
>>
>>36372455
>>36372496
should I set a timer or something to wake myself up in case this happens again?
>>
>>36372567
me again

btw OP you might find this interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmbpOucNVn4
>>
>>36372571
A timer won't help, because if you get hit by it, you can't move anyway. Just make sure to wiggle your toes or something at regular intervals. It's fine as long as you don't constantly ignore that feeling of wanthing so move something. Sleep paralysis is basically something your body enters when you're asleep, so you won't be a dumb shit and run into walls while dreaming.
>>
>>36372571
Ok, look up sleep paralysis to lucid dreaming. You can use sleep paralysis as a way to induce lucid dreams.

There, you can do just about anything. But, the trippest part of this is when you try to sleep or meditate in a lucid dream. There are like, living concepts and shapes out there that speak to you. Weird stuff.

Yeah, in all, you're fine. It's just sleep paralysis.
>>
>>36372455
Exactly what this sounds like, oddly enough when I had sleep paralysis during my early college days, there was a man in a suit too...that's really weird man
>>
I am wondering something.How come that EVERY person,and I mean EVERY person sees the Hatman?I still cant find an explanation.
This really spooks me senpai
>>
This is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever read. I have been practicing meditation for a while. Why do people take these frog-shitposters serious?
>>
>>36372690
Yes I've met him too.

The man in black is a well known phenomenon on /x/
>>
>>36372751
oh right /x/... where skinwalkers are everywhere and tulpas exist
>>
>>36372443
senpai I had almost the exact thing happen, it's sleep paralysis. I'll greentext my story

>wake up at about 3~ in the morning
>I know because I look over at my clock
>all of a sudden I can't move anymore
>hear a heavy breathing in my closet
>hear something like a cat running across my carpet and go under my bed
>freaked the fuck out, can't move still
>hear it breathing louder
>all of a sudden get pulled off my bed onto a pile of clothes on the floor
>door is open to my room, looking out of room through railing of stairs
>notice the light shining through the rails
>all of a sudden I blink and I'm laying in bed
>the light from the rails turns into my looking out my blinds and the moon light shining through

I have sleep paralysis at least once per week, averaging about 2, a lot more lately I think because of stress. It's cool now though because I'm really interested in it, I've had lucid dreams because I force sleep paralysis too but haven't had one in a while
>>
>>36372770
Those are both memes. Of course they can't be taken seriously.
>>
>>36372521
i´d recommend creatine as supplement in this case.
>>
sleep paralysis fucking sucks. it happens to me if i fall back asleep after waking up in the morning.

OP, meditate sitting down. cross legged, while focusing only on controlling your breathing. 10 minutes of doing this will have an effect, lying down meditation is dumb.
>>
>>36372443

who touched you anon? Who stole your gains?
>>
>>36372443
>>36372781
This is textbook sleep paralysis. In these events hallucination is the rule, not the exception.
>>
>>36372443
Sleep paralysis

Also, you shouldn't be able to meditate for longer than 5 minutes if it is your first time. Focus in doing quality, not quantity.
>>
It was gains goblin fo sho
>>
Watch the The Nightmare anon, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoPsjWqvwT4
>>
>be me
>open this thread
>read jibberish
>conclude op is on drugs

It's not that difficult guys.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.