[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /fit/, I've just settled into my shift. Gonna be alone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Well /fit/, I've just settled into my shift. Gonna be alone until 2pm so I'm gonna be bored as hell.

Ask an employee of a Class A Planet Fitness location anything.
>>
>>36368239
do you ever feel guilty or do you use the same response as the nazi soldiers at the trials? "I was told to do it?"
>>
>>36368239
is the reason that you havent hanged yourself yet because the rope might snap because of your fat fuck body and set off the lunk alarm?
>>
>>36368259
No usually I just will intentionally not follow certain policies. If my manager isn't here then I refuse to blow the link alarm.

>>36368266
I'm actually skinny to otter mode at best right now. I've been able to make gains here using the Dumbbells so far.
>>
Stop fat people and tell them "I am sorry for your weight." then let them continue.

Drill a hole into the girls showers.

Order pizzas and start selling slices at the front desk.

Fix the autists up with the bitter grandmas.

The possibilities are endless!
>>
>>36368239

The fuck does "class A" mean?
>>
>>36368259
Wir haben es nicht gewuƟt.
>>
>>36368259
you know i was thinking
lots of the nazis knew about it but they considered it okay since they considered those people lesser beings
imagine in 50 years you get prosecuted for not stopping animal slaughter in the food industry and at court you say "but we had different ethics back then"
>>
>>36368313
I hate fat people too much to feel sorry for them.

Can't leave the desk to start drilling holes

Pizza comes on the first Monday of the month.

You can't fix an autist.

>>36368331
Class A means that this location makes over $100k in membership dues every month.
>>
>>36368365
>Class A means that this location makes over $100k in membership dues every month.

What percentage of that is from people who actually attend regularly?
>>
>>36368373
Roughly 80% of members are labeled as inactive. Mind you in order to be labeled as such means you haven't checked in in over 90 days.
>>
>>36368239
>12 minute abs
wtf?
>>
>>36368358

https://i.imgur.com/QDVon3A.jpg
>>
>>36368386

Wow
>>
>>36368386
I thought at PF you can cancel membership any time. So literally 80% of people just subscribe to the gym to feel better about themselves...
>>
>>36368390
It's a circuit of machines that work your abs that you can do. Runs off of a light system.

>>36368396
A few memberships have a 12 month commitment with a $58 buyout fee but for the most part yeah you're right. It's a brilliant fucking business plan you have to give them credit for that.
>>
Do you use the gym for free, or are you so disgusted with it that you literally pay to go somewhere else?
>>
>>36368239
So im a poor college student looking for a easy job, can i just sit at the front desk and read a textbook?
>>
>>36368365
>100k a month
Fucking hell. No wonder my old retail boss franchisee moved on to start up 24hr chain gyms. He's a year younger than me and his Facebook consists of pics of him posing with business partners at new gym openings, and holiday pics on top of mountains.
>>
>>36368423
do a bunch of fatties use the "12 minute abs" bullshit thinking they can turn their fat guts into 6 packs?
>>
>>36368513
If I weren't so broke and was about to go to college for four years and get a free gym there then I definitely would go to another gym. But right now this will just have to do.

>>36368539
Depends on what shift you work. If you're working either weekends or overnights you could totally do some studying as long as you still clean your equipment and don't ignore members.
>>
>>36368365
You hate people too much to make fun of them? That makes no sense. Throw rocks at them while yelling that you aren't sorry then perhaps?

You can't leave the desk to do emergency maintenance? Get someone to cover for you.

Perfect! You can make some money for yourself by selling pizzas today. Why isn't every day pizza day?

It's not meant to fix an autist, it's for science.
>>
>>36368239
Is it one of the half decent PFs or the typical shit ones? I've seen pics of PFs with platforms and bumper plates.
>>
>>36368560
Mind you that is just gross income from membership dues alone. Not including what we sell for waters or gatorades or the expenses of the club as large as this.

>>36368565
There are certainly a lot of people who don't know shit about working out and won't use the free trainer that we have. Never actually heard anyone say that though.
>>
>>36368576
There is no else here right now working. Just me. Besides I have no tools.

>>36368595
We are a corporate club which means we kinda have to actually enforce all of the policies, so no platforms or bumper plates. Just all of the latest corporate aproved equipment.
>>
Do the trainers by and large understand health and fitness, or are they like those guys in tech stores that only work there because it's the only job they could get and don't actually know anything?
>>
>>36368644
Well the trainers are required to go through a course(not just some online bullshit mind you) before they can actually work. So far the two trainers I've worked with are actually decent guys with a good amount of knowledge. Most importantly I think is that they encourage people to get interested and to always do some research.
>>
>>36368631
Man, that's the worst. The Snap Fitness I used to go to had a policy where you were allowed to bench press outside of staffed hours, but you needed to wear a necklace with an alert button that would summon... a security guard or something? I doubt anyone ever used them.

But they also locked the squat rack outside of staffed hours. They padlocked a strip of metal along the hooks so you couldn't put a bar in there. The only actual safe way to do lifts like squats and bench they locked up outside of the few hours a day they had staff there. It was so fucking retarded and I was glad to leave that place.
>>
>>36368682
That must've quite a few years ago, back when Pf still had squat racks and bench press stations. My have the times changed.
>>
Fun fact. Planet fitness runs the same software to manage its members as Gold's Gym.
>>
>>36368701
No, this was Snap Fitness. We don't have Planet Fitness here as far as I know. I doesn't cater to the ultra cheap, don't actually apply any effort people. But it's not much better.

Mine was brand new in the area and I joined it when there were barely any people there so it was great. Then over time more people joined and they kept on cramming in more pointless equipment for some reason. It was just a tiny gym, sandwhiched between a Dominos and a Subway, lmao. The only good thing about it was the shower which was incredible. Enough pressure to staple you to the wall.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.