[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the healthiest way to become emaciated? Yes I know they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: inside is yellow.png (524 KB, 644x686) Image search: [Google]
inside is yellow.png
524 KB, 644x686
What is the healthiest way to become emaciated?
Yes I know they contradict each other just give me a method that doesn't involve drugs
>>
>>36366187
i don't get the joke in the picture if there is one
>>
>>36366198
inside is yellow :)
>>
>>36366212
I still don't get it.
>>
>>36366187
dnp
>>
>>36366187

Eat tons of rice. It's filling and low on the glycemic index.

Meat n rice.
Fish n rice.
Tofu n rice.

you'll thin out in 4 to 6 weeks tops you are already not that fat.
Good luck.
>>
>>36366228
the fruits guts are yellow
>>
>>36366269
>1 cup of rice is 44g of carbohydrates
>Somehow this is supposed to make you lose weight
What the fuck is up with the gymfag rice meme? Is there some internet legend bullshit like for coconut oil where rice is supposed to have magical "anti-inflammatory" powers or some bullshit?
>>
>>36367048

>carbohydrates
>not slimming as fuck
>>
>>36367073
Literally what?
>>
>>36367077

>still believes in the carbs = fat meme
>>
>>36367085
Calories in - calories out, shitbrick. Fat and protein are actually used to construct your body parts. Without enough of them your cells die. Carbohydrates are pure fuel and very little else.
>>
>>36367085
>>36367118
Still though. Even IF it weren't true that just snarfing carbs made you fat, how in the fuck could it possibly make you thin??
>>
>>36366187
Go as low carbohydrate as possible.

Don't listen to the rice guy or people that tell you to only focus on calories.

You want to become drastically thin immediately? Drop all carbohydrates from your diet.

You will almost instantly lose all water weight.
Shortly after your body will switch gears and burn fat and then protein as energy.
This will force your body to feed off of itself as you will have little hunger and will be eating only proteins and fats.

To make it simple, just eat 3-4 eggs with 1/2 a cup of broccoli for every meal. Splash some soy sauce or hot sauce on it for taste.
>>
>>36367085
except carbs do turn to fat in excess. So not really a meme
>>
>>36367175

no they don't idiot
>>
>>36367218
I'm not a regular here. Is most of /fit/ this absolutely retarded?
>>
>>>/fa/
>>
File: 29991887.png (283 KB, 685x793) Image search: [Google]
29991887.png
283 KB, 685x793
>>36367225

>durrr carbohydrates magically turn into fat
>>
>>36367246
>Alas, we still become overweight if we overeat carbohydrate

>stupid faggot can't even read what he posted
>>
>>36367127
because you're not eating as much as you need?
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>36367304

read the rest of the paragraph and everything before it faggot
>>
>>36367307
The recommended daily allowance for carbohydrates for a 2,000 calorie diet is only 248g. That's less than six cups of rice. And that's not including whatever else you're eating that has carboydrates in it. Most breakfast cereal doesn't have that many carbs.

Are YOU fucking retarded? This rice meme STILL makes absolutely no sense. Especially since it tends to be white rice that's recommended. How is this even remotely the best grain choice? Because of gluten terror?

>>36367326
You mean the part about getting fat from eating too much carbohydrates like everyone has known since the fucking stone age? Go suck on coconut oil memesperg.
>>
>>36367341

>You mean the part about getting fat from eating too much carbohydrates like everyone has known since the fucking stone age?

is that what it says? haha. just thank me for educating you. i know they dont have textbooks where you live.
>>
>>36367362
You haven't educated shit. You're attempting to make false claims that carbohydrates are "free calories" when even the shit you posted said that's bullshit so get bent. Literally every claim you've made was disproved by the very image you posted you thought was on your side.
>>
>>36367377

you're making up an argument for me. i showed you that carbs don't turn into fat. if you get fat with carbs in your diet its because you stored the fat you ate not turned carbs into fat. you lose.
>>
>>36367395
It doesn't fucking matter why, dipshit. The point from the beginning of the thread was that carbs make you fat if you eat too many. Hurr, and you had to argue about it like a sperg.

Now explain this dumb ass rice shit. Why white fucking rice? Why not whole wheat or literally ANYTHING but fucking white rice? Is it because you're all white trash and can't afford/prepare anything else? What the fuck is the deal with this rice meme? What advantage does rice have over literally anything?
>>
>>36367416

>carbs make you fat
>literally fat making you fat

didnt say shit about white rice either cuckboy slim
>>
>>36367419
Then why are you even here? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>36367170
Absolutely this.
Since you want to lose weight and still be healthy, cut out glycemic foods, especially sugars.
Sugar depletes you of essential vitamins and minerals. For the same reason don't go crazy with caffeine. Also don't starve yourself. That will mess with your hormones (impair the proper function of your thyroid and/or possibly your adrenals).
>>
>>36366611
this isnt a joke its just the color of the fruits guts
what possessed someone to screencap this
>>
>>36367424

>Get the fuck out.

no

eat the rice
>>
>>36367429

>Since you want to lose weight and still be healthy

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/nutrient-dense-approach-to-weight-management/
>>
>>36367451
how is that relevant to what i've said?
>>
>>36367482

>lose weight
>and be healthy
>>
>>36367118
>Fat and protein are actually used to construct your body parts. Without enough of them your cells die. Carbohydrates are pure fuel and very little else.

not that poster but carbohydrates are needed for the synthesis of nucleotides, many intracellular/extracellular signaling molecules, certain TCA cycle intermediates, high levels of NADPH (glutathione regeneration and just about every biosynthetic reaction imaginable), various osmolytes, and (structural) glycoconjugates like glucuronides (fat-soluble hormone and vitamin transport), glycoproteins, glycolipids, and glycosaminoglycans. you'd have to be incredibly ignorant of biochemistry to think this is "very little", they're just as essential as fat and protein.
>>
>>36366187
i was a little worried about mousing over that
>>
>>36367451
>mediated by differences in dietary macronutrient composition and increased sympathetic nervous system activity

Losing weight by straining your metabolism and increasing stress hormones isn't healthy. Decreased sympathetic drive is one of things that make exercise so great.
>>
>>36367504
>All that shit you just threw together
You're drastically overstating the importance of carbohydrates in the body's processes. The effects of too few fats or proteins can be seen within days. The effects of zero carbohydrates are basically never seen, so everything you claimed is bullshit. Sorry. Results speak for themselves.
>>
>>36369847
And what are you basing that on? Your personal anecdotal experience?
>>
run 50 miles a day
>>
>>36369936
Real fucking life, dumbass. Find me one person on a low-carbohydrate diet, with the other macro and micronutrients in check and a healthy lifestyle that's got failing health. If carbohydrates are as crucial as you're claiming they are, their health should be getting obliterated at the cellular level. Now try to do the same with someone on a very low protein or fat diet and be amazed. Because you're stupid.

By the way, most of that image is 100% bullshit. I actually HAD hyperlipidemia for years and struggled with controlling it. I went on a keto diet and my bloodwork looked IMMACULATE almost immediately afterward. That's someone going from bloodwork that looked like shit to bloodwork that looked literally like the most perfect numbers you could hope for. And all I did was switch my diet and exercise sporadically - really not even that much. You seem to have read a bunch of shit on the internet and now you think you know how things work in practice. Theory and practice are NOT the same thing. That's why drugs that work in mouse models and in vitro cell cultures almost never have the same effect in real practice.
>>
>>36367504
Well the body figured out how to take care of that by a thing called gluconeogensis, so its not really necessary to eat carbs at all. Ours bodies can function fine on ketosis even if its not optimal.
>>
>>36370099
Also this.
>>
File: 50-cent_.jpg (54 KB, 617x529) Image search: [Google]
50-cent_.jpg
54 KB, 617x529
>>36366187
IIRC 50 Cent did a liquid diet to play the role of a cancer patient. Idk about health but he bounced back pretty well afterwards, and if you do it right you can get good nutrients and stuff from a liquid diet + vitamins
>>
>>36370099
your one fucking dumb cunt, gluconeogenesis can only convert proteins to sugar

you want to burn fucking protein to get some glucose? youre one stupid cunt mate. Guess what, muscle is protein too, once you're low on protein and sugar you'll be converting muscle proteins to sugar and keep the fat stores nice and round

since every cunt here is lifting you'll want to blast your diet with carbs, you cant use fat for energy when lifting and you CERTAINLY dont want to use protein for energy
>>
>>36369986
find me one succesful pro athlete who is eating low carb

pro tip: you cant
>>
>>36370618
Yeah, they also tend to burn enough calories per day to eat buckets of lard and still lose weight, you retard. CALORIES IN CALORIES OUT. Holy shit am I on /fit/ or /x/??
>>
>>36370597
>since every cunt here is lifting you'll want to blast your diet with carbs, you cant use fat for energy when lifting and you CERTAINLY dont want to use protein for energy
That's entirely dependent on HOW MUCH you're lifting. Seeing as how you're retarded, I'm guessing you can only think in pure gymrat terms and expect someone to be burning 4k calories a day going insane at the gym. If you're doing that, then sure, eat like crazy. For most SANE people who just want to lose fat or gain some muscle, none of this crazy shit applies.
>>
File: jimmy block of butter.png (415 KB, 459x553) Image search: [Google]
jimmy block of butter.png
415 KB, 459x553
>>36369986
>Real fucking life, dumbass.
How about you take a middle school science class and learn what the scientific method is?

>Find me one person on a low-carbohydrate diet, with the other macro and micronutrients in check and a healthy lifestyle that's got failing health
Pic related, the model low carber.

>If carbohydrates are as crucial as you're claiming they are, their health should be getting obliterated at the cellular level.
Are you incapable of reading? We're talking about the general biological role of carbohydrates and their health-promoting effects (the topic of this thread), not a dietary requirement for them to survive. It's best to not smoke a pack of cigarettes every day but that doesn't mean instant death will result if you do.

>By the way, most of that image is 100% bullshit. I actually HAD hyperlipidemia for years and struggled with controlling it. I went on a keto diet and my bloodwork looked IMMACULATE almost immediately afterward. That's someone going from bloodwork that looked like shit to bloodwork that looked literally like the most perfect numbers you could hope for.
You are either trolling or severely mentally deficient. An uncontrolled n=1 personal experience relayed over an anonymous imageboard does not override published research on the norm. And what makes you believe your results are 'IMMACULATE' and can't be explained by extraneous factors like weight loss?

>Theory and practice are NOT the same thing. That's why drugs that work in mouse models and in vitro cell cultures almost never have the same effect in real practice.
Where did I ever mention cell cultures and mice, retard? Those are side effects seen in epileptics when placed on these diets. Not my fault that your psychological immaturity causes you to emotionally reject everything that challenges your preconceived beliefs. And irrelevant to drug discovery much of our basic knowledge on human biology comes from those methods. You can't just throw them away.
>>
>>36370794
>Pic related, the model low carber.
>Literally eating a stick of butter
Alright, time to hide your retarded posts.
>>
>>36370735
we were talking optimal terms no? eating a shitload of carbs is the most optimal way to get the best performance

if you dont care about any of this then eat the fuck you want
>>
>>36370715
>im pretending guys
>>
>>36370597
That doesn't even relate to what I said, if the dietary intake of protein is sufficient the body will synthesize the carbohydrates essential for cell buildup. If you don't eat enough for maintenance the body will burn its resources: protein (muscle) and fat regardless what the diet contains.... silly butthurt anon.
>>
>>36370965
>body converts protein to sugar to be able to function
>SUGAR IS BAD GUYS DONT EAT IT
>>
Non-healthiest way is North Korean prison labor camp mode.

A bowl of rice a day. Gives you enough energy in your body to live day to day while neglecting everything else. Turns you into a hungry skeleton who can still move and work.

Healthiest way in a first world country? Zero carb. Tricks the body into thinking it's starving, and it consumes body fat as energy as long as you keep carbs as close to 0 as possible.
>>
>>36370822
the church of low carb has declared you as delusional and you must cease all shitposting until you repent for your sins
>>
>>36370894
>we were talking optimal terms no?
No. We weren't. Not for a regular diet anyway. For weight loss.

>eating a shitload of carbs is the most optimal way to get the best performance
What the hell do you mean by "performance"? Performance of what? Getting builtfat? Overexercising and having such a caloric deficit you need to load up on carbs to stay alive? None of that makes any sense. And it STILL doesn't explain WHY FUCKING WHITE RICE?? I'm guessing this has nothing to do with anything but anti-gluten craziness memefaggotry. That's the only explanation. And because rancid plebs are always responsible for memefaggotry, and they tend to be uncultured and poor as shit all they know is white rice.

It's not fucking difficult. IF YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT, CUT CARBS AND FAT. PERIOD. I'm still trying to figure out how people can draw breath while being so stupid they think overeating carbs makes you LOSE weight.
>>
>>36371022
>Tricks the body into thinking it's starving
that's bad as it will downregulate energy expenditure

>it consumes body fat as energy as long as you keep carbs as close to 0 as possible

http://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

"The model also indicated that the RC diet would lead to increased net protein oxidation compared to the RF diet (Figure 2I), a trend that was apparent in the 24-hr urinary nitrogen data (Table 3)."

"nitrogen balance measurements in several previous studies have suggested greater lean tissue loss with low-carbohydrate diets (Bell et al., 1969; Bortz et al., 1967, 1968; Vazquez and Adibi, 1992; Vazquez et al., 1995)"
>>
>>36371205
CALORIES IN

CALORIES OUT

Your body can't magically maintain fat without input. This is NOT fucking magic. I'm done with this board or trying to teach the retarded teenagers on this site anything. Christ, 4chan is like a school for the mentally retarded.
>>
>>36371235
you're the retarded teenager here if you think the number of calories you need is always a fixed quantity or that energy partitioning across tissues isn't a thing
>>
Get the fuck off of 4chan, Maddy
>>
>>36371235
youre fucking dumb if you think that the human physiology is that simple

while cal in=cal out is a good guideline it certainly isnt everything, hormones responses matter the most and a different macro comp would give you a different body comp
>>
>>36366187
I would say eat only fruits and veggies for a month. I've been doing it for a week, and it's almost impossible to hit my maintenance. It's also expensive, so you won't have as much to eat if you are poorfag. They also fill you up with less calories because they are mostly fiber. You will pass gas and need to use the toilet frequently, however.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.