[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ How do you people stay motivated ? I always count
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Hey /fit/

How do you people stay motivated ? I always count the minutes I have left from an exercise.

It's horrible, I always start good and end up after a month or so bored and thinking it's a chore.
>>
Roids
>>
>>36356559
I'm half normie man, I wouldn't even know where to cop them from.

Isn't there any other way ? I really wish I could have a routine but get bored the fuck out.
>>
I can't even relate to how you are thinking, if you aren't counting the minutes until your next workout then you probably won't be doing this long term especially in your first year of lifting, you should be hungry to lift, it's the best part of my day 9/10 times
>>
>>36356577
Do you smoke weed or do any drugs?
>>
>>36356551

listen to music and look to your biceps every 5 min
>>
Discipline.
>>
I think about the progress I've made so far, and the progress I can continue to make if I stick to it.
>>
it takes about 3 months to form a habit. after that passion doesn't really matter. even now that i'm years into this i go through periods of enjoying my training-focused life and just going through the motions.
stick it out for as long as it takes and feed information into your brain that will make you enjoy lifting.
that is, if you actually want to lift. because if not you should give up.

>>36356577
if you're a normie getting roids is even easier desu.
though your chances of finding a reputable IRL dealer are low.
>>
>>36356584
No, is weed a good thing for sport ?
>>
>>36356617
No. Don't smoke weed. It will make you a gay. If you want roids just go to your gym and ask the first Russian guy you see.
>>
>>36356582
I wish I had the way you're brain is wired.
You're probably one of those guys that gets dopamine and shit from getting work done. My brain usually giives me the signal to stop and go eat something.
>>
>>36356645
nah dude. your brain can do that too.
it's just about what framework is in your head.
you are completely free to assume whatever habit or belief-system you want to have.
all you need to do is figure out what type of information you need to feed into your head to replace gradually replace your ideals.
>>
>>36356645
>muh genetics.
Shut up retard, your not a child, you are fully capable if choosing what you do and do not enjoy.
>>
>>36356551
You don't want it as much as you want to want it

If you want it you wouldn't be having this problem
>>
>>36356551

the mirror

im obsessed with looking good, plus lifting makes me feel great

also revenge, I want to look better than all the people who used to talk shit.
>>
File: 1393760258640.png (131 KB, 371x256) Image search: [Google]
1393760258640.png
131 KB, 371x256
>>36356667
>you are fully capable if choosing what you do and do not enjoy.
what? how?
>>
>>36356645
>My brain usually giives me the signal to stop and go eat something.
Do it for longer. You get past that point and then it get's easier and easier. I sometimes get that too, but get my second wind in after a bit.
>>
>>36356551
A gym buddy does wonders. Seriously, it's just a better experience overall.
>>
>>36356551
It's wanting it enough.
>>
>>36356551
I just worked out this morning and as soon as I left the gym I started thinking about next week's workouts. I'm hyped just thinking about it.
>>
>>36356551
so why do you work out?
>>
>>36356577
half normie but not half natty yet
>>
I genuinely enjoyed it after a few weeks, the first week or two were a pain and hard, but everything since has been pretty enjoyable, great feeling to hit PRs and look better,

Just think about why you wanted to do this in the first place
>>
You need a goal. Something physical to work towards. Not something vague like 'To get fit' or 'To lose weight'. Something specific. Lift X kilograms. Reach X body fat %. Run X kilometres. Run for X amount of time. Something that you can track week on week, or month on month - something that you can aim towards and strive for.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.