[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 91l1+K3sK1L.jpg (788 KB, 1956x2560) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L.jpg
788 KB, 1956x2560
I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm about to start SS
I've never been a fan of SS since it never had enough volume for my taste but since I haven't been progressing much on my lifts in the past few months I've decided to give it a shot, I'll probably only do it for like a month or so, just to see where it gets me
any tips for an SS virgin, should I add a few accessories into the mix, anyone who has seen great results from it?
>inb4 he fell for it
>>
>>36356485
Btw I've been lifting for nearly 2 years now, was on a shitty bro split for the first 10 months, after that I tried various other splits, been on a PPL for the past 6 months
>>
>>36356501
Stats?
>>
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/training/top-10-mistakes-people-following-starting-strength-make/
>>
>>36356513
5'10 170lbs, about ~14% body fat
1RM
bench 260
squat 330
deadlift 405
overhead not sure maybe 180
>>
>>36356523
Not resting long enough between sets.

After 3 minutes, approximately 80% of your muscle’s ATP has been replenished, at 5 minutes, approximately 95% is back in the game, and at 8 minutes ~ 100% is there. Don’t try to hit PR’s, which happen everyday on this program, with 80% of your muscles’ energy available.

Are they saying lift before3 minutes or after 3minutes?
They said not taking enough time to rest.
Im having issues reading this.
>>
>>36356554
you could probably make a month or two of progress on SS but you could also just start directly with texas method or something
>>
>>36356573
theyre saying you should usually rest more than 3 minutes between sets. 5-8 minutes should be OK during SS
>>
>>36356583
Alright that's what it says in the book but the way they article read made it sound strange.

Thanks for the clarification anon.
>>
OP here, I've one more question: Seriously squats every workout? doesn't that seem extreme and am I danger of entering T-rex mode
also since I'm not a beginner I assume it's fine if I up to 5 sets (except for deadlifts which I've upped to 3 sets)
>>
>>36357674

Read the book. You can include a light Squat day in the middle of the week.
>>
File: PPST.jpg (31 KB, 386x499) Image search: [Google]
PPST.jpg
31 KB, 386x499
>>36357674
>>36356485
>>36356554

If you're not a beginner, then why the hell are you doing a program for beginners?

You should be looking into pic related instead.
>>
>>36357674
Opie, it's not hard to see that you can't make long progress with linear progression on 3 squat days a week with your stats. Try an intermediate program, DUP, smolov, juggernaut or other meme programs.
>>
>>36357690
>>>/facebook/
>>>/soc/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/reddit/

consider suicide filtered
>>
>>36356554

What did you do before SS to achieve those stats?
>>
>>36357741
see>>36356501
>>
Unless you actually want to be a powerlifter, don't do the low bar squat. That movement pattern is shit, it hides and worsens mobility problems, and it's an incredibly hard habit to break if you want to move on to do other movements where you absolutely cannot bend over and sit back.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.