[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else just wants to be 'manly'? I'm not concerned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: goalbody.jpg (78 KB, 418x640) Image search: [Google]
goalbody.jpg
78 KB, 418x640
Who else just wants to be 'manly'? I'm not concerned about a thigh gap or six pack. I don't want to fit in skinny jeans. I just want to be really big and strong and not fat.
Do we do anything differently? 99% of fitness advice is aimed at people who are going for zyzz mode
>>
Go strongman.
>>
>>36356198
Read sticky pls
>>
>>36356198
You're a faggot OP. Read the sticky.
>>
>>36356198
How big is your dick?
>>
Basically just lift heavy ass weights and gain weight. There's literally nothing else to it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>36356207
>>36356214
I've read the sticky you plebs, it falls under the 99% aimed at 19y/o people who lift for girls and want to be pic related
>>36356221
7", but it's circumcised (quite badly) and I live in the UK. It also is pretty bent downwards. I'm going to be a virgin for life though so thats okay with me
>>
>>36356198
Read the sticky you fucking dunkass holy shit
>>
>>36356360
See
>>36356254
>>
>>36356498
See
>>17018018
>>
>>36356198
Me, although I wouldn't mind being shredded. I just like food too much. I don't even eat any junk food at all, but I'd much rather eat lots of red meat, full fat dairy, potatoes, oats etc then look good shirtless especially given I'm a giant fucking loser that doesn't ever go to clubs or talk to girls
>>
>>36356198

Eat, train, physical labour.
Check your testosterone.
If you are below 600, well shit, you are not going to look like this.
Pin your ass.
>>
>>36356198
lift heavy and become a wageslave
>>
>>36357849
>testosterone
Kind of this. It's basically genetics, I'll bet that guy doesn't even lift but just chops wood all day and eats a couple KG of steak and potatoes and eggs when he gets back, before railing his wife and sleeping 9 hours
>>
>>36356198
Feel the same way. Friend of mine noted that I have a maleness and femaleness about me. Hadn't really thought of that before. I guess I've been in part trying hide my less than manly qualities by lifting. I just want to be big, feel more manly
>>
A huge body is a consequence of being manly, not a meaning.
>>
File: Georg_Hackenschmidt_ca._1905.jpg (623 KB, 720x1368) Image search: [Google]
Georg_Hackenschmidt_ca._1905.jpg
623 KB, 720x1368
>lifting for 11 months
>made no gains in the first two
>made sick gains in the next six
>lose them all in a month
>shit gains for the rest
>5'9 120lbs
>get angry and start eating a fucktonne
Pic related is goal but even if I end up like dreamer_ I just hate being this small
>>
Do strongman. Loading stones and carrying heavy shit. It's 'manly', it's useful, it's not concerned with aesthetics. But if you want to actually get competitive with it, you need to take a shitload of drugs.
>>
>>36358320
You can't fail if you refuse to quit. Keep going anon
>>
>>36356198
Muscle doesn't grow in different ways you fucking retard.
Just lift and maintain around 15% bodyfat.
tl;dr read the sticky again and actually read it this time
>>
>>36358638
you have no idea do you
>>
idk check out plg and ask for a routine that has some hypertrophy as well, mention your current stats
>>
>>36356198
Ugh, I hate retards like you. Lifting will not make you manly if you weren't manly already. It's about attitude, not just your body.
>>
>>36358092
I want DYELs off my fitness board
>>
OP, I'm the same way. My current tactic is doing a PPL (I'm not intermediate in my lifts), focusing on getting strong in my main lifts, and trying to gain mass with my ancillary lifts. I'm not really "bulking", but I'm eating until I'm full, then a little bit more each meal. Just in two months I've made nice mass gains, and for the first time my arms don't like like shit. I'm also working a manual labor job, and fucking my gf daily just like an old time manly man would.

Though my goal is less manly, and more intimidation. I want to look like that guy that even an idiot wouldn't fuck with. I think manliness factors into that though.
>>
>>36358092
>I'll bet that guy doesn't even lift
Delusional fagget
>>
>>36358799
He's right though, strongfat labourers didn't lift, just did manual work and ate too much
>>
>>36356254
The sticky is aimed ay anyone who wants to get stronger. You should start with learning basic barbell compound lifts and build a good muscle base no matter how you want to end up.
>>
>>36359554
>implying SS will build a muscle base anywhere but your quads

OP seriously just Google "PPL routines" and pick the second link to reddit. It's a beginner linear progression program that will make you the man you want to be. Just make sure you're bulking if you do it, and have good form. Most people here are too deep in the cult of Rippletits to ever recommend an effective program.
>>
eat big and train with lots of volume

lift big weights 4 the ego boost

a few hundred mg of test E a week will do wonders too
>>
>>36359735
Just do 5x5 on bench press, overhead press and chins, rather than 3x5. The Problem with SS solved
>>
>>36356198
He clearly has a very strong frame and a naturally thick core. Unless you have the same base composition, you'll never look like him.
>>
>>36360524
Awful advice
Do 3x5 for strength progression and add pullups, chinups, dips and front squats as accessories as well as some higher rep (8-10) work on the main lift
>>
>>36360524
this is what you want right here
>>
>>36356198

Being manly is about being responsible. It's about being someone who follows through on what he says he will do. It's about being someone who is able to do things he doesn't want to do in order to reap greater rewards in the future. It's about being someone that others can count on. It's about thinking things through and not falling for bullshit. Being manly isn't about having some specific body composition.

Will a manly person look like the log splitting guy? A lot of times, yes. That physique comes from hard work day after day without giving up, which is a very manly quality.

You mention being a permavirgin, though. Now, if you are asexual and genuinely don't want a relationship at all, then there's nothing wrong with that. That's unlikely, though. You probably want to avoid the hard work of building an attractive lifestyle that potential partners would want to be a part of. You probably want to avoid the hard work of learning how to flirt and "make moves." You probably want to stay in your comfort zone and avoid the fear that comes with putting yourself out there and trying to get together with someone. No matter how much muscle you pack on, you'll never be manly if you can't conquer your fears.
>>
>>36360524
That didn't solve anything. It's better than SS, but that guy won't achieve the look he wants through muh strength training.
>>
>>36360596
Your advice sounds very good. Mine is probably inferior but not necessarily.
>>
>>36359768
>eat big and train with lots of volume

these idiots are still doing SS after 6 months. volume is a 4 letter word for those types of retards.

95% (perhaps even more) of all ppl on fit will nvr make it. never! 3x5 lol!
>>
>>36360860
Right.
the way you look doesn't depend on your training. It depends on diet, drugs and genetics in terms of insertions and bone structure.
>>
>>36360524

SS only recently changed from 5x5 to 3x5, but neither prescription works.

rip had to do somehting though cos everyone noticed that 5x5 didnt work. 3x5 doesnt work either, at least after about 9 month sof training, but mpost ppl have skipped weight training by that stage and so never notice
>>
>>36356254
You very obviously did NOT read (or understand) it.

Go read the sticky.
>>
>>36358747
No, YOU don't
>>
>>36361009
>ss doesn't work after 9 months training
Holy shit pls be bait.

It is a BEGINNER routine meant to be ran 6 months at most (as little as 2 months if you are stronk before ever having lifted)

It is called STARTING strength for a reason.

You are a fucking jackass.

Nobody on /fit/ says to use ss as an intermediate program. That is what madcow (et al) is for
>>
>>36360524
Mehdi pls go
>>
>>36361085
>Nobody on /fit/ says to use ss as an intermediate program.
>>36361085

you new here?
>>
>>36360836
I agree with everything you said but I was using 'manly' to describe the physique and not being overly concerned with appearance
And I'm genuinely not interested in a relationship
>>
>>36356223
Pretty much this. Your advantage is you get to be a bit more lax on your diet
>>
>>36361190
By 'a bit lax' you mean 500-700 cal surplus of clean food
>>
>>36358350
This. A lot of size just comes from time in the gym. I'm four years into training and only now am i starting to have the body i want. And keep training. If you stop you will lose your mass fast
>>
>>36361263
Exactly I'm not saying have cake and shit but your gonna need to eat more
>>
>work hard for a lifetime
>get into a (relatively) minor accident
>can't go to the gym for 2 months
>lose years of progress

nice life decisions
>>
>>36356198
train strongman and don't bulk too hard
>>
>>36356198
There used to be something called "physical culture" in the very early 1900s that was about physiological efficiency rather than appearance, but it more or less died out once bodybuilding got big and eventually replaced it.
>>
>>36358092
lifting is a replacement for NOT doing stuff like that

the concept of exercise is something that only exists at a point in history as sedentary as our own
>>
>>36361509
You don't lose years of progress in two months.
>>
hey guys I know that picture seems like some turn of the century teddy roosevelt grandpa shit, but its actually a modern picture of a guy that clearly lifts done for I believe a homoerotic calendar.

basically, no amount of chopping wood is going to get you to that and real manliness has nothing to do with how you look. chasing that ideal is no less shallow than chasing the zyzzian one.

go fucking do something, then you might be a man.
>>
>>36361804
>the concept of exercise is something that only exists at a point in history as sedentary as our own

You know that the concept of sports as a leisure activity literally pre-dates recorded history and that the Greeks were using progressive weight training at least ~2600 years ago, right?
>>
>>36356198
>how to be manly
Grow the fuck up and learn how to take care of your loved ones and defend them against the world, there's no wokout for this
>>
>>36356198
powerlifting permabulk
>>
File: 1447922273560.jpg (66 KB, 618x799) Image search: [Google]
1447922273560.jpg
66 KB, 618x799
>>36360836
>You probably want to avoid the hard work of learning how to flirt and "make moves."
Jesus Christ, the gymcels never learn...

You know why Zyzz looked so good?

ALPHA GENETICS.

His insertion points were UNREAL. It's EXTREMELY rare to have the kind of muscular shape he did - that slim waist, those wide shoulders, those narrow hips, that height?! GENETICS. Uncontrollable, unchangeable, set in stone genetics.

Sure you can go to the gym and lift hard. Sure you can bulk up 50lbs. Maybe you'll even get on gear and build some muscle. But you'll NEVER look like Zyzz.

Why? Because you have INFERIOR GENETICS. You can get bigger biceps, you can build a larger chest, you can get huge quads - you can make yourself look slightly better, but you will NEVER have a body girls will drool over.

"B-but Zyzz used to be beta!" NO, he used to be a TEENAGER. Of course he looked beta in those fucking before photos, he was about 15. He hadn't had time for his broad shoulders to develop yet, so naturally he looked like any skinny beta. But once he went through puberty, the truth became clear. Why? Because the things that attract women are GENETIC. It makes sense - attraction is based off GENETICALLY good traits. These are things like height, a symmetrical face, a big dick, and a good shoulder to hip ratio. All of these things are pretty much unchangeable. They can be improved slightly, but not significantly enough for most of you to "make it brah".

And as for "autism", complete bullshit. Chad can be the biggest shy sperglord and girls will ADORE him because of his LOOKS, they'll just think he's "mysterious". Fucking LOL at thinking game even exists.
>>
>>36361110
No, but you clearly are. Everyone knows ss is for beginners
>>
>>36363440
Zyzz looked like shit until plastic surgery and steroids.

His insertions are literally average, and every cut roider can look like that.

Masstest is bigger and has better insertions
>>
>>36363440
I wonder if inside your paradigm there is a place where the Man does the things just because He desires it.
>>
>>36356198
>>36356198
Dude "manly" has very little to do with actual appearance, it has much more to do with attitude than what you can lift. You can bench 600lb and be a beta faggot, while at the same time you can bench 100lb and be a manly beast.

If you want to get an idea I can recommend the book "Starship Troopers" by Robert. A Henlein, that is almost a checklist for what to do in order to be a real man. Pay extra attention to the character Sergeant Zim, he is the manliest of them all.
>>
>>36363502
>Implying
>>
>>36363502
Case-In-Point My Father, that sick bastard has prob banged more puss, pissed more fire, and shat more concertina wire than I ever will, and I highly doubt he's ever Benched, Deadlifted or Squatted in his life.
>>
>>36363502
Case-In-Point My Father, that sick bastard has prob banged more puss, pissed more fire, and shat more concertina wire than I ever will, and I highly doubt he's ever Benched, Deadlifted or Squatted in his life.

>>36363511
>how do I use le meme arrows
>>
File: 1457670829354.png (109 KB, 181x262) Image search: [Google]
1457670829354.png
109 KB, 181x262
>>36363568
>my dad is the coolest dad
>>
>>36363592

post your dad faggot
>>
>>36359528
I want DYELs off my fitness board
>>
>>36363568

your dad was a faggot cuck and the proof is in his faggot cuck offspring
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.