[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what order do I work on to get /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0219.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0219.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
I did read sticky, but I am no good with English. Think I understand most of it though.

My bf% is about 25% I believe, and I want to get down to 10-12% as well as build tone. My question is do I concern with losing fat first, building muscle strength first, both at the same time, or does it not matter at all?

It is just that from what I could understand, some foods are better for muscle and others are better for fat loss.

Thank you /fit/. sorry if this is a shit post, it is my first. I tried lurking, but there's too many trap threads, and I don't want to wait longer to get fit by lurking on computer, I want to do it natural as soon as possible.

Pic related, my fat brown ass.
>>
>>36355934
Nice gyno
>>
>>36355934

Become white

/thread
>>
i mean bulking @ 25% is not very smart

If you're positive you don't have massive muscle mass go for a radical cut 1st just skipping meals & getting enough to breathe.

Then once you're around 15-18 consider bulking & gaining good muscle mass.
>>
>>36355934
>tfw I'm chubbier than that at 20%
>>
>>36355944

This anon gets it.
>>
>>36355940
I do not really know what to do about it, but it is the least of my concerns, as I want to lose my fat and gain the muscle I desire. Then I will worry about these things if it bothers me.

>>36355944
A very predictable comment, I am just surprised my books beat you to it. Still, I prefer to not be pale.

>>36355947
>if you're positive you don't have massive muscle mass
>skipping meals & getting enough to breathe.

What do you mean by this? I apologize, it just is not very clear to me.

>>36355954
Are you sure? I might be less but this is doubtful I think, because of my height and weight. Maybe you are simply shorter?
>>
>>36356022
I meant "My boobs"
>>
If you want to lose weight, start running.
Something like a C25k program can help you ease into it.

You can join a gym and start lifting weights too, if you want to get stronger.
I'm too much of a cheap ass so I just do bodyweight exercises at home.

Avoid greasy foods, and sugary drinks.
They'll just undo all the work of that hard running you did.
>>
>>36356072
Thank you.

All though, I am not sure I have the knees for this. I was told by the doctor that I need repair and therapy for my left meniscus and right ACL. I cannot afford the repair or therapy though.

Are there different things I can do like running that will be less work for the knees, but give similar results?

Also given the choice between a better diet, or a gym permit, which is the better choice? The healthier foods are not cheap here, and I am unsure if I can afford a gym after buying new food. (I am a poorfag)
>>
>>36356022
When people cut they usually do it in a diet just so they don't lose muscle mass.

If you think you're mostly fat (which by the numbers you show you are) you then don't have a lot of muscle mass to lose. Therefore you can do a cut without a maintaining muscle diet.
>>
>>36356168
And I do this by eating as much as I must to stay alive and no more? Are there negative effects of this diet besides muscle loss?

What happens when you pair this radical cut with a workout regimen?
>>
>>36356122
I'd put it towards diet, especially if you're trying to lose weight.
Learning to cook cheap meals at home is useful since it's usually healthier and helps save money.
You don't need to buy any fancy ass food though.
But really, you just need to be at a calorie deficit to start losing weight.
Look for any calorie calculator to see how much calories you burn a day, then just eat 500 calories less. I still eat like shit on the weekends, but since I do a lot of running and eat less junkfood on the weekdays, I'm still losing weight.

If you got a bike, that's great cardio too.
According to the workout apps I have on my phone, a 40-50 minute bike ride burns about the same calories as a 30 minute run.
Or if there's a local swimming pool, swimming is amazing exercise.
Jump roping is pretty intense. I can run for 30 minutes, but I have a hard time doing more than 2 minutes of fast jump roping.
Compared to running, I feel like jump roping doesn't put as much stress on the knees since I'm bouncing on my toes, but I don't know how your ACL feels about that.
Look up low impact cardio exercises and see if there's any that interest you.
>>
>>36356228
I mean if you didnt do any kind of workouts before you might aswell keep your diet and start doing lots of cardio
>>
>>36356302
Thank you a lot anon. I will try a jump rope, I usually can tell when my knees are going to give me problems, also my left knee squeaks when I stress it, so a sound check usually works. I will look into the effects jump roping has on the knee.

I do not have a bike, but I do have a long board, a skateboard with bigger wheels, it makes skating very comfortable, even on gravel type pavement which is popular here usually I am out of breath after about an hour, but this could also be because I am a fat ass. Do you think that doing this for 10 miles will be a good exercise to start out with? Will take me about 45 minutes
>>
>>36356420
Yeah. Skateboarding is good exercise too
Good luck anon
>>
>>36356022
>Are you sure? I might be less but this is doubtful I think, because of my height and weight. Maybe you are simply shorter?
Maybe? I'm 5'11'' and 87kg.
>>
>>36356778
I believe this is to be the case then, I am not sure. I am 6' 3" and 100kg. Do you have a picture?

This might not get answered but I feel it is better to ask instead of make another thread.

But what are the effects of weed when trying to lose weight? I do not get "munchees", simply a dry mouth so I drink a lot of water. Does this negatively effect progress? I would like to not have to stop smoking because it is a hobby I enjoy.
>>
>>36355940
I don't think that's gyno, it's fat.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.