[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mmm mmmm dat whaaaiihhte meat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
How do you guys feel about fatty/"dark" meat vs leaner, white meat?

I've been buying whole chickens and roasting them for a while now because I like the extra juicy fat, and to use the bones for stock. Haven't bought breasts in months. And don't get me wrong I love fat, the keto lifestyle etc. But goddamn I think all the excess grease is starting to make me sick, I'm really craving a thick lean tight chicken breast or cut of steak, rather than a soft flabby sludgy thigh.
>>
C'MON
>>
breasts tastes like shit

and I cook professionally. It's one of those meat that have a very low ceiling in terms of how good you can make it taste.
>>
>>36354370
You're just a shit cook
>>
chicken, cows take up so much water to raise
>>
>>36354397
you are a ignorant retard, most restaurant put chicken breast on the menus so morons like you with no sense of taste will order it.

chefs don't put any attention to it, and can charge a huge mark up on it compared to other expensive and tastier proteins like fish and higher ends cuts of beef.

Chicken is only good for nutritional reasons, it's shit food tier.
>>
>>36354467
>Can't make an ingredient taste good
>Calls others retards
kek
>>
>>36354467
> every chicken thread has literally dozens of guys posting unique recipes as to how to make chicken breast tasty
> hurf durf it doesn't taste like anything
Can you literally not read? Or do you just not like a single one of those dozens of ideas that the anons throw out?
>>
>>36354467

>what is brining
>>
>>36354614
>>36354850
>>36354870
i'm not even that guy, but these are just mind-numbingly moronic responses.

>>36354850
there is no outstanding flavor to chicken, especially the breast. almost all other proteins have a specific flavor, but chicken is the plainest. why do you think people that people who taste something new and don't find it either replusive or delicious say "it just tastes like chicken". that is why there are so many "unique recipes to make chicken breast tasty". you can put anything on it, but those flavors are coming from your ingredients, not the chicken.

>>36354870
brining has almost zero to do with flavoring and 100% to do with retaining moisture in a meat while it's cooking.

don't act like /fit/ recipe threads are legitimate dishes you would serve at a restaurant.
>>
>>36354910
> you can put anything on it, but those flavors are coming from your ingredients, not the chicken.
Why does that matter, though? I mean, most people cook steak with garlic, or onion, or some other herbs or seasoning or something. It's so incredibly rare to find someone who just goes "Yeah I just slap that bitch on the grill, no salt or pepper or any of that bullshit".

If you don't like chicken, don't eat it. But don't say there's no way to improve the flavour, because there are multitudes. Sure, that includes using additional ingredients or spices. But hey, that's literally what cooking is. Putting ingredients together that work well together.
>>
>>36354952
>It's so incredibly rare to find someone who just goes "Yeah I just slap that bitch on the grill, no salt or pepper or any of that bullshit".

do you even know the first thing about cooking a steak? no respectable chef would cook a steak any other way than salt, pepper, and butter or oil. round and flank cuts of beef are obviously a different story because of their lack of fat marbling.

>don't say there's no way to improve the flavour
the dish as a whole can of course be improved but the inherent flavor of chicken, which is what this was originally about, is uninteresting and plain compared to any other protein you can eat.
>>
>>36355054
Then I guess you gotta pick what you want more of: flavour or protein, since from what I've read and heard, chicken breast is one of the best.

Personally, I don't mind because I cook it with other shit like a normal human. To each their own, though.
>>
>>36354910
>>36355054

>there is no outstanding flavor to chicken, especially the breast
>no respectable chef would cook a steak any other way than salt, pepper, and butter or oil
>is uninteresting and plain compared to any other protein you can eat

As a cook/chef for almost 7 years, you're triggering me hard.

Chicken has a flavour. It's a chicken flavour. If you eat chicken, you're tasting something, it doesn't taste like water, and is distinguishable from other flavours. Just because you think it's "plain" doesn't mean it doesn't have a flavour.

People say "it just tastes like chicken" because a lot of the time people are culinary plebs, and chicken may be the closest thing it tastes to. Also that phrase is pretty much just a meme and a normie joke.

If chicken didn't have flavour, you could spice it with anything or use it in any dish, but you can't, because it has a unique flavour that can contrast wrong with certain spices.

Tofu is the most plain protein you can get. You can put it in anything, spice it with anything, and it'll go well, because it's designed to mimic flavours. There is also chicken-flavoured tofu.

And don't get me started about how retarded you are about your steak knowledge. If you're only using salt, pepper, and butter/oil on your steak, you're missing out on all sorts of shit.

Culinary illiterates like yourself are what drive kitchen staff to smoke
>>
I work in a restaurant. Everything in this thread is mostly true. the chicken that people like ordering is always covered in vegetables/sauces, you don't really taste the meat. A good steak only needs salt/pepper, though I've used a demi glaze often for some variation.
>>
>>36354370

Bruh, do you even into seasoning and lockin' in dat flavor with fiah? Like, lrn2grill man.
>>
File: alright cool.jpg (196 KB, 384x539) Image search: [Google]
alright cool.jpg
196 KB, 384x539
>>36355142

OP here, see this is what I mean though. Yeah chicken is relatively plain, but that's what makes it great for lifter feed - when you're eating tons of food in general per day, you can't satisfy it with completely 100% steaks. They're good but that's the problem - they're TOO good if you have to eat 5 of them per day. So, chicken breasts. Less fatty, more solid food, with a plain flavor that's somewhat of a relief from the strong umami, fatty, savory flavors of a big ol steak.
>>
>>36354091
I HAVE BEEN FREAKING OUT ALL DAY BECAUSE I ATE ONE GELATIN CAPSULE AND YOU'RE EATING THIS SHIT IN MASSIVE AMOUNTS...

WHILE i MIGHT GET A SPONGY BRAIN IN 30 YEARS YOU MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A GENIUS
>>
>>36354370
rotisserie chicken is fantastically delicious. sure, baked chicken is less than appetizing -- but it's all in the method of cooking, not the cut itself.
>>
>>36355132
>"trigger", "meme", "normie"
i can smell your rank tumblr vagina from here. just browse the board and don't open your fat mouth again.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.