[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>eat about 500 calories a day >all of it is vegetarian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: 1439316719471.jpg (25 KB, 185x278) Image search: [Google]
1439316719471.jpg
25 KB, 185x278
>eat about 500 calories a day
>all of it is vegetarian
>walk around a lot because of my job
>lose no weight

help
>>
>>36353921

write down everything you eat from the time you wake up till you fall asleep

i know its easy to forget about that chocolate bar and crisps u got out the vending machine but try
>>
>>36353931

I literally don't snack, I have one meal a day.
>>
Post what you ate today, including drinks
>>
>>36353921
how long have you been doing this?
>>
>>36353921
You're in starvation mode, read Ragen Chastain's blog and you'll know what you need to do
>>
>>36353937

Large romaine salad with broccoli, carrots, egg, mushrooms, roasted onions and peppers, walnuts blue cheese and balsamic vinegar

Two cups of plain black coffee, water
>>
ITT OP is scientific proof that we can stop people starving to death due to his ability to create energy out of nothing.

Not only does this give hope to the notion we can end 3rd world deaths due to malnutrition, but also has enormous implications for the future of energy and technology.

OP expect your nomination for the Nobel peace prize in the mail.

Or - OR - do you think you could be possibly counting wrong?
>>
>>36353966
either youre not only eating that or you need to see a doctor.Pick one
>>
Don't expect to lose weight if you're skelly mode

You can't get smaller bones
>>
>>36353974

What would be causing it that I needed to see a doctor?
>>
>>36353921

Height and weight?
>>
>>36353921
How much do you walk?
Also post pics
>>
>>36353921
Count harder. We can't do it for you
>>
>>36353986

5'11, 154 lbs.
>>
>>36353979
Kek
>>
>>36353921
dont take my word OP but i've heard multiple times that starvation mode doesn't really work to lose weight, something related to metabolism and other shit. But since you're already used to starving, you could try intermitting fasting, maybe eat something like 1500 cals a day between 6-8pm? that'd probably give you more energy so you can actually work out and lose some weight faster
>>
>>36353966
Quantities? Also, did that salad have dressing on it? Weight, height and gender, too.
>>
File: king.jpg (23 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
23 KB, 480x340
>>36353996

Why are you trying to lose weight?
>>
>>36353981
Serious problems with your digestive system.If you are actually eating 500 cal and of losing weight you need to see a doctor asap.
>>
>>36353999

ok

elaborate on why you think starvation mode would stop you losing weight.
>>
>>36353996
Nigga, you need to bulk!
>>
>>36354003

Enough to fit in a large bowl, I had to take the restaurant's word for the calorie count which put it at 500.
>>
>>36353921
>>36353981
>>36353966
Did you expect to lose weight in a single day, OP?
Keep eating like that for a week straight and weigh yourself in a consistent manner (IE same time of day, same amount of clothing, take a piss first) then come back if the number on the scale hasn't gone down.
>>
>>36353921
a.) that's a starvation diet, nigger, stop. Read the sticky. Starvation is bad; it's much better and healthier to eat 1800-1500 cals a day to reduce weight slow and steady.

2.) it is physically impossible to expend more calories than you consume and not lose weight. As in, that would violate the laws of physics. Unless you are claiming your body is a perpetual motion machine that violates the conservation of energy law of thermodynamics, you're eating more than 500 cal a day.
>>
>>36354008

Why does anybody? I don't look good and want to look better.
>>
>Tfw 115 kg
Help me bros
How do I lose it?
>>
>>36353996
That solidly with him and healthy/skinny weight range. Hungry skeleton status, even. Assuming you aren't just fishing for compliments, I'm interested to hear why do you want to lose weight.
>>
>>36354024
>I had to take the resraurant's word for it

I work in a restaurant, portion sizes and ingredients can change dramtically depending on which dumbass is making it and if they're following spec.

Blue cheese and walnuts can have a ton of calories in them, and so can the dressing if it was some sort of balsamic, and not straight vinegar.

A lot of the salads at my restaurant are actually the higher calorie foods, anywhere from 1200 to 1500 calories

>captcha; pick all salads
>>
>>36354024

then obviously the first step to experiment with what is going on would be to:

stop eating their salad

purchase your own ingredients that you personally measure the calories out with.

did yall nigas not graduate high school or someshit?
>>
>>36353921
Have you only dieted for one day?
>>
>>36354057
90% sure this is what OP did. So it follows there's a 90% chance OP is an actual retard.
>>
>>36354015
as an obese child, i went through several diets given by nutritionists, one thing they all told me was the importance of not starving yourself, but then again i was a kid and they could've been bullshitting me. That's what i said to dont take my word for it.

I also heard that when the body is in starvation mode, it might rely on muscle for energy instead of fat, which is bad for you, after a quick google, this seems to be true.
>>
OP, basically, you're in a somewhat extended fasting state, which can be super useful - for a certain period of time. Keep it up and you'll make the same mistake I did, your body starts cannibalizing itself (in many ways, more than just muscle). You'll feel pretty shitty and lose a lot of your mental faculties.

I wouldn't say discount the super-low cal state altogether, but space it out, a lot, and eat not too far below maintenance the rest of the time.
>>
>>36354029
have you tried lifting?

Also eating at 500 calories is doubleplusungood. Out of curiousity, how long have you been eating that much?
>>
>>36354108

right, starvation diets should be avoided because they're not sustainable.

prolonged starvation will lead to nutritional deficiency.

correct, once you reach a certain threshold of caloric deficit you'll see an increase in muscle cannibalism with minimal fat loss benefits.

i.e. once your calories get low enough the ratio of fat:muscle loss on the diet is not worth it, the fat loss gets diminishing returns, and the muscle loss goes up quickly to the point it's not worth cutting on this steep of a deficit.

however, you would not stop weight loss at any point on a starvation diet. you're always losing something, be it muscle, water, or fat.

which is what OP is complaining about.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.