[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to lose weight And I hate meal planning and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
I'm trying to lose weight
And I hate meal planning and I don't mind eating the same stuff everyday for every meal so I'm trying to keep it as plain and simple as possible
Looking at the things that are the easiest to prepare I noticed that ham and cheese sandwiches are only around 350 calories. They also give 30 grams of protein, 25 of carbs, and 15 of fat. So let's say I eat nothing but ham and cheese sandwiches, 4 times a day, totaling 1400 calories and 120 grams of protein everyday, would that be okay? Or would the lack of variety make me sick? Or bloated because of all the deli meat?
>>
>>36353885
Too much sodium.

Go for PB&J's.

Or just cook a few large meals on Saturday and package them all for the week in Tupperware. Then give each one a number and draw it all from a hat like deciding who fights in a tournament.

That way you have something different each time.

Also you don't have to keep your meals plain. Use some fuckin pepper, garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes, all that good shit. There is nothing wrong with spices. It will never destroy a diet or a cut.
>>
File: dumb meal plan.jpg (283 KB, 700x1326) Image search: [Google]
dumb meal plan.jpg
283 KB, 700x1326
No. Don't do that.
>>
>>36353885
All ham and cheese makes OP something something.
>>
Weight-wise, you'd start losing calories. What's your bread, though? My bread is like 100 calories a slice. Hard to believe a piece of ham and cheese is only 150 calories. Over long time period, like a week or so, it's probably be stupid to do that for other reasons, though, like basic nutrition reasons. If you want to keep it simple, just eat one sandwich for lunch, and have something small and simple for breakfast and dinner. Boiled eggs, canned soups, etc PB+J
>>
>>36353925
If it makes you feel any better I don't eat white bread I eat some 12 grains shit

>>36353919
I'm really uncreative in the kitchen so unless I'm following a recipe I keep things really crazy stupid plain

>>36353941
My bread is 30 grams each slice, 2 slices is about 150 calories 8 grams of protein 22 grams of carbs
>>
>>36353925
Oh and also the cheese is mozzarella
>>
>>36353978
>I'm really uncreative in the kitchen so unless I'm following a recipe I keep things really crazy stupid plain

http://www.reciperoulette.tv/
>>
>>36353995
But see this creates another problem that is choosing a recipe and choosing one that will get the protein requirements. I know it sounds autistic but seriously I'm as dumb as this thread makes me seem
>>
>>36354021
How many grams of protein are you trying to take in a day? If you're trying to lose weight, you should shoot for 1800-2200 calories depending on your weight.

Starving yourself is only gonna make your weight loss come to a massive crawl.

Are you trying to pump iron while losing weight or something?
>>
>>36354041
I'm trying to take between 100 to 150 grams of protein a day.
And yes to lifting while losing weight
I'm a girl btw which is why 1400 calories, I don't think I can do 2000

I'm checking myfitnesspal and yes too much sodium. About double the amount they recommend for a day. Sigh. I knew it wouldn't be that simple.
>>
>>36354070
I agree that eating the same things every day is great for losing weight.

I'm also a girl, and I aim to eat:

Meat + rice + veggies - lunch
Chicken sandwich - 4pm before workout
Meat + rice + veggies - late dinner

I cook a big batch of meat, or, buy a few rotisserie chickens (costco loses money on these, they are a great deal there). I stirfry up a massive wok of my favorite veggies, so I can load a tupperware of pre-cooked meat+rice+veggies (plus pack a sandwich for pre-workout food) for work each day.
>>
>>3635410
Thanks
I was trying to keep from having to cook much of anything but I guess I can't be THAT incompetent that I can't even grill some chicken
>>
>>36354128 was for >>36354109

Accidentally deleted a number. Stupid phone.
>>
File: godshit.png (448 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
godshit.png
448 KB, 600x397
I suck at cooking this is what i cook

Chicken breast in some paper thing, that gives it flavour. No oil or butter, just wrap it in the paper thing and 10m each sides.

Spinach, according to the package i can put it in the microwave so i do
Bell pepper and onions, every fucking day with garlic spice and paprika spice. Half red pepper, half green pepper and around 50 grams of onion.

I also cook with diet cooking spray, each spray is 1 calorie and i use 5 for the pan.

The chicken (with the paper baking thing) is 129calories per 100 grams instead of 110 calories. 2 Breasts are 300 grams

Spinach is only fucking 28 calories every 100 gram, i eat a package a day (450 grams)
or i do 200 grams of spinach and brocolli.

>pic related the paper thing i use

>sometimes i also cook rice (370 calories for every 100 gram, but use only 50grams)
>today i tried low cal rice, only 7 calories for every 100 gram
>>
>>36354162
Oh my mom bought that shit for me once. It's a spice blend that comes with a little baggy and you put the chicken in the bag and pour the spice on it then shake it a bit then tie the bag and put it in the oven right?
>>
>>36353885
Hey, you should focus on losing weight and building muscle. Most of our problem is fat retention in the lower regions . you need to try to consume very low sugars at least below 24g , try to only consume complex carbs and make sure you intake a lot of fiber. Do cardio but also lift weights , full body workouts . you should get my fitness pal, aim for mostly protein and veg, and fruit but in smaller AMT it would be completely stupid to only consume one food especially a bread based one .
>>
>>36354184

This one isnt with a oven
I know thei one you mean for in the oven, but that takes too long
This one you throw in a pan
10 m each sides and it has a great taste
Have been eating it for a fucking month
>>
File: instagram14.jpg (88 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
instagram14.jpg
88 KB, 560x560
>>36354220

forgot pic
>>
>>36354184
Yea, but those things anon posted are sometimes loaded with sodium.

If you have a giant tub, make a brine and slam all your chicken breasts in the cold water with spices in it.

You'll always have moist chicken which goes a long way in the nothing but chicken and spinach department.
>>
>>36354230
Oh cool
I'll look for it
>>
>grown people complaining about cooking

Why?
>>
>>36354232
Argh goddamn sodium making me have to second guess all my plans
>>
>>36354239
I'd rather not
Like I said I'm terribly uncreative
Give me a fully stocked gourmet kitchen and I'd probably just make some scrambled eggs with tomatoes and call it fancy
>>
>>36354232

Seriously who cares? I only count the calories, today i checked the carbs and it was just as low as chicken.

It's easy to cook and it gives taste to chicken, which i find tasteless.
I dont wanna boil chicken, because again: i suck at cooking. This was the easiest to do. Put it between the paper, push on it a bit. Throw it in the pan, after 10 minutes turn it around and then its done and has good taste.

In the meanwhile i throw my spinach in the microwave for 3 minutes, get it out. Go with a fork trough it and put some paprika powder and pepper salt on it. Throw it back in microwave again for 2 minutes and i'm done.
2 chicken breasts + spinach and pepper and onions. If you want you can add some hot sauce (with low calories) for some added taste.

---

I just checked the package, no sodium or any weird shit. But then again, this is The Netherlands. Companies here have stricter rules about food and what they put in food compared to the US
>>
>>36354247
Anything easy is usually loaded with sodium. Its unfortunate but people who don't know any better mistake salt with flavor, and since salt is cheap companies pack it in their "quick" seasoning mixes.

I would say learn to love cooking. I used to hate it as well, but now its one of the only enjoyable parts of my day.

Do you just want quick, easy meals?
>>
>>36354330
Yes just simple easy things to do. I don't mind the cooking process too much but just trying to elaborate meals makes my head hurt
>>
>>36354290
>Companies here have stricter rules about food and what they put in food compared to the US

This. Here in the US a slice of "deli" ham can be saltier than a spoonful of salt.

Our shit is stupid backwards. I just checked my cabinet and this taco seasoning has 380mg of sodium PER serving.

Jesus fuck. Salt is great and fine, but when you use that much salt you're just asking for trouble.
>>
>>36354330

In the meantime, eat your Arsenic Laced chicken, which is banned in Europe China, Australia, NZ and Canada because of health reasons, but perfectly fine in the US
>>
>>36354261
That's fine but seriously just sticking to eating one singular meal is wack and not effective in weight loss. I mean if you can do it fine, I know some people do, but it's unrealistic

It doesn't matter what you eat really it matters how much

I mean right now I am "" dieting"" and my meals are quite similar. Fish. Nuts. Eggs. Greek yogurt. Fruit. Vegetables. My meals really center around that. You can eat the same food in different viariety

For example eggs. You can have them scrambled or boiled. Or poached or Sunnyside up ya know
>>
>>36354346
How do you feel about brining chicken?

Where you toss spices in water, then toss your chicken in it and leave it alone for an hour. Then you cook it when you want it?
>>
>>36354261
Ez mode OP, this is what i do, every 3 or 4 days i buy around10-15 pounds of chicken, i can get it at my local butcher for about $1 per pound, i put it all in a large plastic container (pic related) and then i just marinade the entire batch, my favorite is chipotle marinade, that's plenty of protein for a few days. Just add your favorite veggies and maybe some rice.

I also bake the chicken for minimal use of oil.
>>
File: conatn.jpg (8 KB, 300x208) Image search: [Google]
conatn.jpg
8 KB, 300x208
>>36354444
forgot pic
>>
>>36354444
>>36354451
This. That or crockpotting food is ezmode with maximum gains.

Good lord is crockpot food easy.
>>
>>36353930
Go crazy?
>>
>>36354232
>those things are loaded with sodium
>recommends a brine

Btw there's nothing wrong with sodium unless you have high blood pressure or a condition for which a doctor has told you to limit your sodium. A healthy person will just pee/sweat out excess sodium
>>
>>36354485
A brine doesn't load a piece of meat with 600% of your daily sodium intake.

Where as what OP wants which is a packet of spices to dump on a piece of meat and cook is nothing BUT salt directly on the meat.

But srsly.

>Not just sweating all your excess salt out after you feel the left side of your heart tighten up.
>>
>>36354518
Brine:salt and water
Cut sodium
You're dumb as shit
>>
>>36353925
What site/app is that?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.