[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever considered giving this stuff up? A lot of scientific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 468x196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 468x196
Have you ever considered giving this stuff up? A lot of scientific studies seem to show it's bad for your health and it's horrible for the planet.
>>
>>36353237
Only when I move to monastery and for spiritual purposes only.

Other than that while being a lay man - oh no I don't give a fuck - meat is totally fine.
>>
Considered it? Yes.
Going to do it? No.

Just like most people who try turning vegetarian/vegan, they renege pretty quick.
>>
>>36353237
considered it, but eating meat it is too nailed into me to stop
>>
>>36353272
Meat is totally fine? According to whom? You literally cannot make gains if the planet dies.
>>
>>36353237
I am right now. How is it bad for health and horrible for the planet?
>>
>>36353327
Because beta vegan cucks on this board say it is, duh.
>>
>>36353237
>horrible for the planet

human overpopulation is what's bad for the planet. WW3 when ?
>>
>>36353292
>Using electricity to bitch about meat killing the environment
Okay bernie.
>>
>>36353460
Eating the animals which you grew is not hurting the wild environments + it's producing fertilizer for our crops and tree plantations which produce food + oxygen.

+ the animals which we grow and eat produce food.. obviously which is rich in nutrients.
>>
Like seafood's okay right? Fatties don't eat it vulgarians don't ether. So i can't feel too bad or like a pussy or am i wrong?
>>
>>36353237
Did you know the earth is actually flat?
>>
File: 21290961623_ec41408db9_k.jpg (1 MB, 1959x2048) Image search: [Google]
21290961623_ec41408db9_k.jpg
1 MB, 1959x2048
>>36353615
and lifeless, also emotion-less also clue-less of our existence and also pretty much unharmed compared to what it went trough in the past and neither then was aware of.

Also earth is a sphere, you meme tard.
>>
>>36353237

I have a lot of allergies man. Lactose, nut, egg, seed and coconut. There's not a massive ammount I can eat. I'm gonna keep eating meat.
>>
>>36353237
So tell us, OP, when did you come to the conclusion that you're homosexual?
>>
>>36353237
Our modern lifestyle is unsustainable, and will only get worse as the third world nations continue to develop.
At our current population levels, if everyone in the world lived a green, vegan, ecologically sound lifestyle on par with the west, we still would not be able to sustain ourselves.
And that's not even taking into account that most of the world's population would refuse to curtail themselves, much like China and its carbon production.
Our saviour from environmental disaster will be technological, not in turning ourselves into tofu eating hut dwelling Luddites while Africa reaches its industrial revolution. Either that, or we are just slowing it down.

Also, although I bulk on a plant based diet fine, without lean meat and animal products, I find cutting effectively too hard.
And I'm also never going to give up leather goods.
>>
vegetarian here, feels nice
>>
>>36353237
Not giving it up but im having upto 3 days a week using replacements like sietan and tofu.

Aftet 4 years of lifting its nice to have an alternative to walking bird of gains, pig and cow.
>>
>>36353237
I could probably go pescetarian since I seriously does not want to take sushi out of my life.
>>
>>36353237
I'm not convinced global warming is bad for the planet. It's just a change. Changes happen and we adapt. We didn't shed a tear for the 70% of the earth already under water, why is rising sea levels a big deal? We'd be crying just as much if the sea started receding for some reason. We hate change, it's an inconvenience. It has nothing to do with whether it's a change for the better or for the worse, we see only the immediate problems that arise from things being different than before. "No! the sea has to stay there! High enough so that we can keep our port but low enough so we stay above water! Otherwise the planet is ruined!"

Doesn't quite seem like the "planet" is all that affected by it.
>>
>>36356395
Haven't various scientist actually said "Yeah, we've tracked changes like this for the last squillion years, it's always in a cycle. We just happen to be getting into a warm cycle now, regardless of what humans are doing. In 300,000 years, there'll be a cold cycle"

And then they were just ignored.
>>
Here's your (You). Now get the fuck out and never come back.
>>
>>36353479
Cow farts are slowly killin' us bruh
>>
>>36356409
Yeah we are supposed to be warming now, but there is a scientific consensus that it's happening at a faster rate than what is normal and that this is due to greenhouse gases.

But at the grand scale of things it's insignificant. The north and south pole will eventually melt completely, that's part of the normal cycle. It'll be hundreds of millions of years in the future but it'll happen. Our greenhouse gases only inconveniences us in the present, it's not "horrible for the planet".
>>
>bad for your health
No.

>horrible for the planet
This is more debatable, but I have come to the conclusion that unless you live in an area where growing plant protein is viable, relying on grazers, birds and fish is ecologically efficient. I live in one of the coldest habitable places on this planet where the summer season is very short and the only plant protein source that grows is garden pea.
>>
>>36353237
Fuck the planet. There are millions of other planets nigga. If not more. Im bored of earth anyway. I wanna go spend time on another planet and fuck its ecosystem up too. Thats what we fuckin do bra
>>
>>36353237

you posting is horrible for everyone

kill yourself. chicken breast is the best food that exists for healthy people.
>>
>>36353327
Watch cowspiracy first of all, then realize that if the way we're headed doesn't change the entire planet will be d00med.
>>
people have been eating meat since fucking dinosaurs existed, and the earth is still here.

shut the fuck up. why cant you vegan faggots go eat your kale salad and stop whining about people who like meat?
>>
Itt:meateaters justify their lazy and cowardly lifestyle choices denying overwhelming scientific consensus

Planet is beyond fucked because powerful interests will continue to keep these sheep in the dark. Just enjoy yourself and avoid having kids.
>>
>>36353237
grassfed meat is fucking healthy for you.

and fatty meat even more so.

only vegetable fats are bad.
>>
>>36357489
>people were here when dinosaurs existed

Holy fuck please be trolling
>>
>>36358123
You dispute the word of our Holy Lord you filthy heathen?
>>
>>36358114
Is it? I'd be interested in seeing peer reviewed studies showing that
>>
>>36353237
Being big and strong is also bad for your longevity. Testosterone is linked to a shorter life. Make your choice little boy.
>>
>>36358147
Yes
>>
>there are still people eating literal dead flesh in fucking 2016
>>
>>36358151
Grass fed milk contains real natural CLA and omega 3s. Over time you will see a difference with grass fed. Milk especially.
>>
Having a """discussion""" on /fit/ is actually just a competition to see who can pull out the most """facts""" out of their ass.
>>
>>36358156
Is being big and strong incompatible with a plant based diet based on anything but your own anecdotal evidence and personal bias?
>>
Nope. Meat is great. The human digestive system is excellent at digesting animal products, and poor at digesting plant matter (hence fibre). The recent reports classifying meats as a major health risk are massively overblown, only apply to certain types of meat, and only when cooked in certain ways, and these risks can be completely negated.

The amount of grain required to produce the same amount of protein as meat is huge. Crops need a shitload of space where trees and animals can't live, and requires a lot of water and fertiliser and whatnot. Here in Australia, millions of animals just roam around and eat whatever, then are rounded up for transport and slaughter. This is on land where crops cannot readily grow anyway.

Meat is delicious and the cornerstone of most dishes throughout history. It's the easiest way to get a lot of protein, fat, and a full amino acid profile. And it's not like you can't also enjoy vegetables, nuts and fruits as a meat eater.

When an animal is killed for its meat, literally every part of the animal is used, from our food, to pet food, to leather and gelatin and countless other applications. When land is cleared for crops, sewing, harvesting, millions of animals are killed and misplaced with no benefit. Pesticides kill more insects and animals, rats are poisoned in huge numbers to prevent them eating grain stores, etc. More animals lives are ended producing an equal quantity of protein from grain than from killing an animal for its meat.
>>
>>36358156
And the award for the biggest bullshit of the year goes to...
>Being big and strong is also bad for your longevity. Testosterone is linked to a shorter life.
>>
>>36358184
No but I was referring to the science that says that being vegetarian is more healthy and drew comparisons to other lifestyle choices that are more healthy, like being small and weak.
>>
>>36358151
https://www.gutsense.org/gutsense/nutrition.html

not the studies themselves but they have them linked at the bottom.
>>
>>36358197
Probably why there is a major corelation between meat consumption and colon cancer
>>
>>36353237
>horrible for the planet
like if i give a fuck, i'll dissapear in 50years why should i care
>>
>>36358247
The effects will be felt in your lifetime
>>
>>36358123
People have been eating mean since people were able to kill dinosaurs. That was on the seventh day when God created the Remington 700. Amen.
>>
>>36358210
Without reviewing I will guess the studies compare the different types of meat
>>
>>36353237
>meat will kill you
>somehow managed to make it 25 years eating it and am still alive
>not to mention centuries and centuries of the human race

i wish these faggots would fuck off and die already
>>
>>36358323
People have lived 50 years inhaling literal poison
>>
If meat hasn't killed us off for the ~2016 years that man has lived, then Im pretty sure its not bad.
>>
>>36358398
>for the 2016 years that man has lived

Plz be b8
2/10 made me respond
>>
>>36353237
I can considere lowering their consumption, but not giving up on it. I think that all the bad implication doctors have about meat is that it is heavily consumed.
>>
>>36353237
What about fish?
>>
>>36358429
fish aren't animals and fish meat isn't real meat, so go for it nigga
>>
File: Untitled.png (411 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
411 KB, 1366x768
>>36353237
>horrible for the planet
Animal products aren't homogenous, pic related. Eliminating red meat and dairy from your diet will reduce your carbon footprint enormously.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYna_V0Sq6c
>>
>>36353237
You don't have to give up meat to do the world a favour. You just have to kill yourself. Drown in the sea. The fish will eat you and then something something global warming gets better.
>>
>>36353237
>Have you ever considered giving this stuff up?

Not once.

>A lot of scientific studies seem to show it's bad for your health

Not in the slightest.

>and it's horrible for the planet.

Only factory farmed meat. If you eat pastured livestock then you're fine.
>>
>>36358304
Underrated post.
>>
>>36353237
>this stuff
So scientific, so accurate. But really the "stuff" in your pic is just meat. Meat in itself is not found to be unhealthy, its red and processed meat that they tested. Frankly over processed anything is bad for you, and not really new news. Red meat is also something that's supposed to be eaten in moderation even before the studies came out. There's nothing wrong with regular meat like chicken. It sounds like you got easily mislead by media headlines that were more about trying to shock people vs. Reporting the actual data accurately - many people have this issue so don't feel bad. Just better inform yourself next time. Read actual studies and how to interpret them
>>
>>36353460
Meat doesn't kill the environment, we do. Its companies who are looking for most profit for least costs that create torture killings for animals. There are ethical and safe ways of harvesting meat, its the greedy companies that you have to convince. Good luck convincing them to relinquish profits for sake of ethics
>>
>>36356395
The problem is the change that naturally would occur is being magnified to happen too quickly by our pollution . The earth wasn't evolved to handle changes so profound and so quickly, especially with all of us on it
>>
File: 1454315247268.jpg (69 KB, 266x427) Image search: [Google]
1454315247268.jpg
69 KB, 266x427
>>36356395
>>36356409
No one here is debating that the climate can't change naturally over 100's of 1000's of years. The focus on stopping climate change today is centered on forms of man made poluttants that are rapidly changing the planet and killing off it's biodiversity. The oceans are literally dying and the world can't breathe like it did when forest was more abundant. TLDR you guys seemed hung up on whether climate change was gonna happen anyway naturally and that somehow because of that we shouldn't do anything to slow our polluting from human sources
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 480x480
>>36356395
Global warming is half hoax.

Ocean acidification is the real problem though. Carbon pollutants in the air are dissolving in the oceans and causing a slight change in pH levels. This slight change is killing off the algae and phytoplankton which form the base of the aquatic food chain, as well as produce most of the earth's oxygen.

I'm baffled as to why nobody talks about this.
>>
>>36359322
>I'm baffled as to why nobody talks about this

Literally every climate scientist and marine biologist talks about this. It's a huge problem tied in with climate change, as the ocean is a large carbon sink that has helped keep surface temperatures from rising too quickly at the expense of proper pH balance. However, if you're anti science enough to think climate change is a "hoax" then I doubt you'd listen to those book learnt elitist science folks about ocean acidification.
>>
>>36353237
>it's bad for your health
If gains are bad for my body, so be it
>it's horrible for the planet.
I dont give a shit about the planet. As far as I'm concerned, the planet is welcome to blow up the very next second after my death
>>
>>36359364
I said half hoax niggy.

Climate change is real.However its actual effects have highly sensationalized and overblown.
>>
Still waiting for those scientific studies to be posted. Any day now.
>>
>>36359397
>half hoax

The only people over stating its effects are the media, not scientists. If you're not smart enough to realize that them I'm amazed you're smart enough to know what "acidification" means, niggy.
>>
>>36353237
Nice meme
>>
File: 4 months progress.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
4 months progress.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>36353237

Pic is how i looked like after 4 months of training. I was vegan at that time, i am vegetarian now.

Yeah isnt the best physique, but fuck we are talking about 4 months here. Some people dont look like that after 2 year lmao.

PS: that is an old fucking picture from 2014
>>
>>36359408
I never said scientists were the ones behind the hysteria.

Besides, science doesn't control public opinion and policy. The media does.
>>
>>36359444
Did you post that old picture because you've made such meager gains since then that they would speak against your point?
>>
>>36359514

No i look pretty good today.

I posted that picture, because it served the purpose of that specific comment.

Im vegetarian now, which is no different to a meat-eating diet, so saying " hurrr durr i look like pic related as a vegetarian" would be pointless.

Yes, there are people who think you need meat to build muscle. Just ignore them.

The proteins, the fat, the amino-acids in milk and eggs, are no fucking different to meat. Its still acquired from an animal, its the same shit.

Veganism is a different story, but vegetarian seriously makes no fucking difference when it comes to gains.

Its just a bit healthier than eating meat, thats it really.
>>
>>36359487
>I never said scientists were the ones behind the hysteria

Then how is it a hoax? For it to be hoax then everybody would have to be involved to try to mislead the public on the issue. What you're talking about is the media being sensationalist, which is what it always does. Calling it a hoax is just as sensationalist and misleading.
>>
>>36359444
This means nothing without a before pic. You certainly didn't go from skelly to that in 4 months. Likely you didn't go from obese to that in 4 months either.
>>
>>36359778

I was something between skelly and ottermode before i started lifting seriously.
>>
>>36359568
>Its just a bit healthier than eating meat, thats it really.
>Yfw the majority of the longest lived populations in the world consume meat
>>
>>36360036

Im not sure what you are trying to tell me with that.

Did i say that your lifespan is shorter if you eat meat?

No?

Then why do you bring this up?

You dont know?

There we go
>>
>>36360163
You said that engaging in eating meat was definitively unhealthier than not engaging in eating meat all, I'm very curious what definition of health you're using if lifespan and quality of life into old age isn't a part of it.
>>
Livestock produce more harmful gasses than we do with anything else. So we need less livestock. Thats why I am trying to eat all the cows. 10/10 logic you got btfo
>>
>>36360672
as obvious as it is
>>36360163
this guy is a shill
he shills because that is his job
he is most probably appointed by some NGO
or even a victim of the vast propaganda machine - a self-appointed defender of engineered notion

if you are aware, but nevertheless want to expose the scum, please do, but if you think that you argue with a normal human being... I got bad news forya
>>
>>36353237
You're right, vegans are terrible people and should go away.
>>
>>36353237
I did, as long as i keep making gains i'll stick with it, just gotta count macros and be aware of b12 deficiency death
>>
>>36356453
Looks like rice production is almost half as bad.
>>
>>36358244
There is a minor correlation between PROCESSED meats and colon cancer.
>>
>>36358151
Grassfed animals also produce vitamin k2, which the majority of people are deficit in or literally get no k2.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.