[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how to eat ????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed232352.jpg (22 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
unnamed232352.jpg
22 KB, 479x479
>How the fak do you get enough protein in a day?
I'm 5'7" and 130 lbs. (6 weeks after having a baby fuck yeah) and during my pregnancy I stopped working out for like 6 months (not bc I was scared of hurting baby but I was busy with school).
I want to start lifting, so I've been starting out doing various exercises with 2 20's. I ate 3 eggs for breakfast, then some peanut butter and celery, chips, and hummus for lunch, plan on eating a pork chop and veggies for dinner. Also drank a 16g protein shake and had a greek yogurt. All of that comes out to about 60g of protein...not even half of what I need. And I'm not looking forward to dinner because I'm not hungry from eating way more than I normally do. How the fuck am I supposed to get to 130 grams...every day? Without breaking the bank?
I ordered a 5 lb. tub of gold standard whey...but adding a scoop or two to this meal still doesn't get me there...
pic is me before preg, working out but not eating enough so I became a bit skelly
>Is 40 lbs. enough for starter weight?
>>
>>36352226
pls help
I've read the sticky multiple times

I plan on buying canned tuna for lunches
pumpkin seeds for snacks
and buying a giant bag of chicken breasts
what else is cheap but not disgusting like potted meat
>>
1 Scoop of proton powder w/ Greek yoghurt breakfast/morning tea - 30 protons
125g grilled chicken for lunch - 40 protons
1 scoop of proton powder with milk or water in afternoon - 30 protons
Small bit of steak or more chicken for dinner - 30 protons

What the fuck is so hard about this?
>>
>>36352485
eating chicken twice a day every day is $8/day at my grocery store...plus I have to feed my husband dinner so make that $10....$70 a week for some fucking chicken...bitch I don't shit money I'm a stay at home mom and my husband's frugal as fuck
>>
>>36352556
oops math fail I forgot about the leftover piece of chicken

2 chickens =$4, he eats 1 and I eat 2....so $35 a week? idk I am dumb as shit when it comes to math but I speak 4 languages so hop off my dick
>>
>>36352226
Jesus fuck, when will the 1g/lb myth die? Shoot for 1g/kg of protein (~60g) instead. It's more realistic and easily obtainable.
>>
>>36352226
5 scoops = 125 protons. It's literally that easy.
>>
File: huh.png (73 KB, 282x276) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
73 KB, 282x276
>>36352647

Is this elaborate trolling?

>I speak 4 languages
>I am a stay at home mom
>I was busy with school
>My husband is very frugal
>Makes no mention of daily caloric needs/macros
>>
>>36352710
wow thanks, that is a lot easier
I just google searched that and it was the first thing that came up, so until that website disappears...
>>36352713
pretty sure troll...wouldn't that kill my liver or kidneys or something? If that worked wouldn't taking vitamins instead of eating fruits n veggies work too? But it doesn't because
shit's unnatural

I prefer food over pillz n powder
>>
>>36352793
I was in school when I was pregnant (I'm 21)
took this semester off because I had to in order to deliver baby, plus I breastfeed her...can't really do that in class I start back up again in the summer.

>daily caloric needs/macros I'm really sorry if that was in the sticky I don't recall...idk what macros are and what would be the point in calculating my caloric needs? Isn't it pretty common sense?
>>
>>36352898
I'm failing at greentext and basic grammar/punctuation because it's hard to type with a baby in one arm
sorry
>>
>>36352226
>16g protein shake
>half a scoop

CMON
>>
>>36352647
>>36352556
Jesus fuck you're insufferable.
Who put their dick in you?
>>
>>36352710
this, i would aim for more but anything over 100 is pushing the limits of what is needed.
>>
>>36352952
who said anything about half a scoop
They're Ensure and they taste really good
high protein is just an added bonus

>>36353065
That's great news, thanks anon
>>
>>36352226
One thing that stands out is
>celery
why you eating this if youre trying to hit a macro goal? there is nothing in celery, pretty sure you actually burn more cal than you take it just eating it. Thats valuable stomach space. Swap celery for beef jerky.

Also, the 1g/lb is for lean mass. If youre 130 youre probably 100-110 lean, eat that many protons and you'll be fine.

>but anon I heard
>1g/kg lean
>2g/lb lean
no thats not necessary. 1g/lb lean is plenty, even for a dude.

As far as getting more protein, you can just eat a scoop of that proton powder you ordered with a bit of milk (turns into a thick sludge, easy to consume) boom 20g right there.

>16g proton shake
my protein shakes are like... 60-70g per. How are yours so low? you mixing a half scoop with water or what?
>>
>>36353395
to dip in the peanut butter bruh
I can't just eat it by the spoonful that's too hardcore for me. But I can switch to apples...

>>36353395
>eat a scoop of that proton powder you ordered with a bit of milk

But I read that milk is mostly caseins and that combining it with whey defeats the purpose of it being fast-absorbing or something like that and that you should drink it with water???

>>36353395
oh I get the half scoop thing now no I'm not making these they're the brand Ensure, they're not an actual fitness shake they're more of a supplementary thing for normies. I used to drink Ensure to gain weight and I really liked the taste, so I saw they came out with a "high protein" version so I bought it. Probably won't waste any more of my money after this 6 pack is up, plus they have so many vitamins...I already have been taking prenatals for a year if I take any more vitamins I will never be able to shit again.
>>
>>36352556
just, leave.... leave and never come back here
>>
one important question I never got answered...is 40 lb. enough weight to start with?

I got DOMS so bad my first workout that I felt like I had the flu for a day...but then by my third workout I barely felt sore.
I could strap baby to my chest to add another 15, but it might affect my posture...also harder to distribute the weight evenly when said weight is a moving baby
>>
>>36353988
don't worry sweet pea I figured the chicken situation out...Costco has frozen bulk bags for cheap, I had never had anything but fresh before but hey, willing to try for the gains~
>>
File: breastcrawl-scientific6.jpg (45 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
breastcrawl-scientific6.jpg
45 KB, 400x324
You gotta stop feeding your gains goblin
>>
File: IMG_1085.jpg (339 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
339 KB, 1280x960
>>36354061
breastfeeding burns something like 300 calories a day? It also causes contractions which tighten up the uterus and all the other floppies and flaps

without my little gob I would not have looked like this 2 weeks after delivery
>>
>>36354107
i would berry my dick
>>
>>36354107
show us your tits whore

btw you speak like an autist, get your attention fix somewhere else just stay off 4chan
>>
>>36354107

My dick

Would like to give you a second gains goblin 2bh
>>
>>36352926
>I have a baby btw
>>
>>36354141
I wish I had taken a picture that time I got mastitis...they looked like huge implants
I went from A to C, gonna suck when they deflate like sad pancakes

my husband promised me he'll buy implants
yet he doesn't give me enough for groceries

I will not this is the perfect place for attention whoring but I will dip for the night because baby is asleep and I have some protein waiting for me upstairs...some sausage...............get it?????/?/?? (sex)
>>
>>36354198
Jesus Christ
>>
>>36354198
i strongly suggest looking into finding where you are on the autism spectrum, it could help treat your condition
>>
bitch just had a baby and now she is looking for some quick validation from u BETAS because shes INSECURE
>>
How easy is it to troll you guys? And how sad do you have to be to troll like this
Sort out your lives
>>
This is the worst trolling ive ever seen .
>>
>>36353970
>celery is vehicle for PB
gotcha. this is acceptable. though PB is kinda high protein its very high sugar/fat. dunno what your goals are, just sayin'

>But I read that milk is mostly caseins
it is i guess?
>combining it with whey defeats the purpose of it being fast-absorbing
casein protons are absorbed slower than whey. so if you consume something with 95% whey and 5% casein, you'll process 95% of it quickly and then 5% slowly. One doesnt change the other into its type just by touching eachother in your stomach.

>protons for normies
just buy powder its not that expensive considering how many easy mini-meal it gets you, plus easy double your proton take there.

fuck vitamins. i just eat carrots and brocc and look how i turned out.
>>
1kg of skinless chicken breast: 230 gr of protein
1lt of skim milk: 28 gr of protein

Start eating like a man.
>>
>>36352226
It really comes do to "just eat more", when my bulk cals were around 2800, I thought I couldn't eat that, now I eat it everyday and gained 8kg because I didn't work out.

My advice is find foods that you like to eat and just eat, slowly increasing the portions and you will get there.
>>
File: 1450328545639.jpg (31 KB, 436x399) Image search: [Google]
1450328545639.jpg
31 KB, 436x399
>>36354198
>(sex)
fucking got me
>>
>>36353970
>if I take any more vitamins I will never be able to shit again.
goodbye sides
>>
>>36354025
>I could strap baby to my chest to add another 15, but it might affect my posture...also harder to distribute the weight evenly when said weight is a moving baby
what the hell please don't
>inb4 baby was killed by barbell
>>36354198
>...some sausage...............get it?????/?/?? (sex)
oh fuck I think I'm replying to bait
>>
>>36352811
>I need 130 grams
>130 grams will give me kidney stones

Kys
>>
Reading up on calories and macros etc may seem like a lot of work, but it really just takes a couple of hours to learn the basics. The trick is to read with a desire to understand, not just to find some quick solution (that probably won't really work anyway). It'll really be worth it in the long run.

Food shouldn't be too expensive unless you're buying prepared stuff. Stick to the basics, learn to cook better or more efficiently if needed, that's another time investment that'll pay off well :)

40 lbs worth of weights should be fine for now, if you can't easily go heavier later, you can always go for variant exercises. Look into calisthenics / bodyweight exercise, and keep in mind that you can mix and match, so even if you (possibly incorrectly) think you won't ever be able to build the balance and skill for the advanced moves, you can still do the simpler ones with weights.
>>
File: V 1244.jpg (3 MB, 1636x2399) Image search: [Google]
V 1244.jpg
3 MB, 1636x2399
>>36354181

>>36354243
>>36354277
not trolling tho how is asking if 40 lbs. is enough for super beginner resistance training
I mean obviously I did my research before coming here but online also told me that I needed 1g/1lb. body weight protein so we've established a simple online search can be misleading....

>>36354210
I am functional in public and married tho so it's okay, I think training could help my condition
>>
>>36356333
all I have is dummbells no bar and I can't go to a gym yet because I haven't introduced baby to a bottle yet so I can't leave her with a sitter

>>36357984
thanks my favorites so far are curtsy and switch lunges, also jumpsquats. I've had no problem with balance emulating what I see on things like Bikini Model Fitness on Youtube. What I was trying to say is I think I'm ready to go heavier...so will continuing to use what I have now cause muscle shrinkage?
>>
>drank a 16g protein shake
stop drinking "protein" shakes with only 16g of protein holy shit that's brainless money waste

>oatmeal
>fish (preferably tuna)
>chicken (breast)
>grinded lowfat beef (10% or less)
>green peas
>greek yoghurt/curd (0% fat)

these are your best daily sources of protein that you can use in every meal of the day. Cheapest protein sources imo are curd and tuna but you get really bored with the tasty unless you find a way to mix it up with for example blueberries, strawberries or greens. Another way would be to buy cheap high protein low carb/fat powder supplements to reach to your daily protein macro needs.

>breakfast: coffee
>lunch: oatmeal, chicken/tuna, curd, veggies and peanut butter
>dinner: bcaa, salad, tuna/curd, protein/weight gain shake, peanut butter/greens
>bedtime snack: protein shake

and you should be good
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.