[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IF/Cutting Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: tKjapTk.jpg (68 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tKjapTk.jpg
68 KB, 640x640
Feeling weak as shit going to the gym fasted. Tried a week of eating breakfast before hitting the gym while still maintaining my cutting calorie limit and hit new PRs. Been on this cut for almost two months and finally starting to see results but is IF fucking me up? Did anyone have a similar experience with IF and decide to just drop it? Is it a meme diet? Also why am I hitting new PRs on a cut? I'm eating 1800 calories a day consistently and have dropped from 190 to 175 (5'11") since I started. Should I just stop this cut at this point?
>>
IF was ok on a cut. Huge meal an hour before gym, then a small meal after. Window was something like 20/4

It was pretty effective for me because I don't get hungry until around 11am anyway, so I'd just wait till 11, eat a huge meal, gym, then eat again around 3. Wouldn't need to eat dinner

leangains (bulking) is shit though and I would avoid it. Hard to get in all your calories and there's no point in constricting your window like that. Most of the gains you see in spiking insulin are mitigated by high cortisol

Hard to tell when to stop the cut, but IF is a decent cutting tactic so up to you depending on your desired BF%
>>
>>36351779
True, thanks for the response, I think I'll move my first meal to before I hit the gym, maybe start my fast a bit earlier then since I like to hit the gym early.
>>
>>36351729
I've been doing IF with a 4/20 split (blazeitfaggot) and only go to the gym fasted. With IF you really have to commit to it and be consistent, and that can be difficult, but once you get used to not eating until dinnertime or later, it becomes easier to do shit on an empty stomach.
>>
>>36351819
I was comitted to the fast for the last month and a half and all my lifts started suffering, until I moved my breakfast to pre-workout. Is that going to fuck up the whole purpose of IF? I'm still fasted for 12+ hours
>>
>>36351879

only thing that matters on IF is how long insulin is circulating for

literally nothing but the high ratio of fasted:fed hours matters
>>
>>36351928
awesome, that's what I was hoping thanks
>>
>>36351729
how do i make gains on a cut ?
>>
1.5 months in on my IF cut. Eating only once a day between 5-8pm and around 1200-1500kcals on rest days and ~2000-2300kcals on swimming days.

I swim 3x a week for 2 hour sessions with fins/hand paddles for extra work, been doing pretty good.
>>
I do IF but i train fasted. Theres no fluctuations in energy since i started doing this. Before IF what i ate preworkout and the night before really contributed to my workouts for better or for worse.

With IF i always have the same amount of energy and its great. What i eat doesnt matter anymore.

One day i ate breakfast before the gym and had a really great workout, but then the next 5-6 days were terrible and i had to readjust.
>>
Hey, grill here, I've been on IF for a month and I like it fine enough but I've also started taking half a multivitamin with my morning espresso. It completely stopped the midday headaches I was getting. Is that placebo or nah?

Also I'm doing 20/4 and often after the first meal I can barely squeeze in more than a snack. Like right now I've eaten about half of a medium pizza I made (ya know veggies and cauliflower crust and all that gay healthy pizza bull) and drank a fair amount of juice but in another 3 hours I likely will barely be able to get in a banana. I'm feeling ok during the day but I find even aiming for 1000 cal/day I often can't meet that. I guess that's hardly the worst if I just lose more weight and am feeling ok during the day and exercise.

Ultimately I'm wondering if anyone on /fit/ has info on girls doing IF. I remember seeing some youtube girl that got linked here talking about it but I lost the link completely. Some info I hear on it says it'll give the opposite results of men in that fuck up a girls hormones. But the way I figure it I'm doing fine so far and honestly this feels more natural since I've never been much into breakfast or eating in the morning but would force myself cause "hurhur breakfast most important meal".
>>
>>36352282
Not sure on the specifics for women but I do the same thing you do. I eat a big meal of 1200-1500cal and then I can maybe squeeze in another 200cal proton shake after a couple hours. So far it hasn't seemed to hurt anything and I've been seeing great results and maintaining my strength at least, but I'm also a fatty so I don't mind having a 1kcal deficit.
>>
File: img3df166e1bbfe5.jpg (40 KB, 318x376) Image search: [Google]
img3df166e1bbfe5.jpg
40 KB, 318x376
Damn I've been fucking it all up. Where the hell did I get the idea that I could have an 8/16 split?
>>
>>36352371

lol it's not awful but that's basically a normal day for most people
>>
>>36352438

You clearly have not worked in an american office.

In any case I clearly caught the dumbs when I first read about IF.
>>
>>36352850

it's a kind of confusing subject, I wouldn't worry

and you're right, I haven't, but you make a good point. I would assume that many Americans are on more of a 18:6 fed:fasting clock
>>
>>36352892
is a six hour period good enough or not
>>
>>36351819
Remember you're trying to meet all your nutrient needs in the window.
What kind of greens are you getting?
also you sound like you're working out in the morning.

>>36352282
You need to add fat into the mix to get those calories and hormone builders. also the multi is probably just helping with electrolyte levels. Coffee causes deficiencies magnesium and a few others things. You need to strike the balance.
>>
>>36353147

it's ok, but 4 hours is better IME
>>
when i try IT why do i get super dry mouth, how do i fix it and why does it happen to me. I drink plenty of water
>>36353193
ok thanks maybe i can try to make it smaller
>>
>>36353202
electolytes. sodium and magnesium sometimes calcium

dry mouth is usually mag for me
>>
>>36353165
I tend to plan out my fats into my smoothie/juice when it doesn't fit into my main meal. Otherwise it's too filling and I can't get it in otherwise.

>coconut butter with coconut water and pineapple smoothie
>more of a creamy drink than a "smoothie"
>tasted like a pina colada tho

Not always like that. Yesterday I had avocado for my main fat. I'm thinking of adding some whey protein for extra calories into the juice/smoothie when I can't fit it otherwise.

>>36352350
I'm a fatty too at 170 and 5'7. I've lost 8 lbs so far.
>>
>>36353263
hmmm i forgot but my salt levels when they were tested a few months ago were low
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.