[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/, what are your options on football (or soccer,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
Alright /fit/, what are your options on football (or soccer, if you really must) for overall benefits to fitness?

Eg I play 1 hour per week. The rest of the week I'm normally doing strength work. Since football involves lots of sprints and agility based stuff, I'm thinking it must translate in to good cardio or even hiit...

Thoughts?
>>
>>36348157
*opinions.
Fucking autocorrect
>>
File: 1448205349259.gif (3 MB, 427x284) Image search: [Google]
1448205349259.gif
3 MB, 427x284
Y'all can't be busy posting in fat hate threads!
>>
File: 1456589464577.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1456589464577.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
Bumping with unrelated shit
>>
>>36348157
Let's just get this straight

Football = The greatest sport in the world. Americas pass time. The worlds greatest super athletes coming together to slam into other super athletes whilst trying to bring a ball down the line.

Soccer = Wimpy school boy shit. The 'athletes' collapse on the ground in pain when the soccer ball hits them in the fucking head. Any tackle or physical violence that happens on a soccer field ends with the wimps cowering in pain because they are about as durable as paper
>>
>>36348402
this desu
>>
>>36348402
I love how soccer fags try and label their game football to try and bring more gravitas to it. Soccer players are the biggest bitches in sports.
>>
>>36348402
This, gtfo Europoors
>>
>>36348402
agree with you on the players being weaklings that'll hit the floor when you bump into them

but soccer requires skill, american football just requires physical strenght
>>
>>36348444
But they get the hottest/foreign girls
>>
>>36348402
The rest of the world disagrees with you:

http://www.beutlerink.com/blog/number-super-bowl-world-cup-viewers/

Yes, some of the theatrics in the modern game are irritating.

But this thread is not debating which is the better sport. I was only asking about the benefits of playing football. Do you have anything to bring to the table besides "murrica"?
>>
>>36348157
football is great cardio
>>
It's cardio. If you need cardio, it works well, if you're already getting enough cardio, it's not contributing much to your fitness
>>
>>36348454

Properly throwing and catching a football in american football is a more skillful maneuver than any movement in euro football
>>
>>36348157

it is good cardio, but your benefits are probably negligible if you only play 1 hour per week
>>
>>36348402
Football = boring fucks running into each other and resting for a couple hours for rednecks.

Soccer = boring fucks kicking a ball back and forth for a couple hours for the poor

Any team sport = boring fucks playing a game for a couple of hours for stupid people.
>>
File: Adebayo_Akinfenwa_2997667b.jpg (51 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Adebayo_Akinfenwa_2997667b.jpg
51 KB, 620x387
>>36348454
You're right about the skill part.

Wouldn't fancy calling Akinfenwa a weakling though
>>
>>36348501

no way. thats not a huge amount of skill.

the skill from american football is in learning 100 different pplays like the back of your hand and reacting to events taking place in those plays.
>>
File: skills-move.gif (911 KB, 288x126) Image search: [Google]
skills-move.gif
911 KB, 288x126
>>36348501
Pic related = no skill?
>>
>>36348402
Yuropoor her, i wholeheartedly agree, remove all soccer players/fans and replace soccer with a real sport NOW!
>>
>>36348786
>Pic related = no skill?
None what so ever, easy as pie
>>
File: 1457410180419.jpg (10 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
1457410180419.jpg
10 KB, 240x210
Honestly, that semen slurping sport isn't for me. It's for effeminate yurolets

>literally the most predictable sport
>walking billboards
>criticize American playoffs even though they cream their panties for Champions league or the world cuck
>>
>game ends
>and it's 0-0

Why even bother, even the highlights are boring

Nice sport you got there yuropoors
>>
File: Billy_Morgan_Triple_Cork1.jpg (227 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Morgan_Triple_Cork1.jpg
227 KB, 1000x707
>2016
>being impressed by some childish ball gimmicks
>>
>>36349314
Try fooling a world-class defender who has been playing football most of his life in to running completely the wrong direction and looking like an idiot. Even better: try it at amateur level. You will struggle to pull this off against your average pub side.

The fact Messi makes something so tough look completely effortless and simple proves his skill.

6/10 bait for making me reply
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.