[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fruit for breakfast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: fruit.jpg (29 KB, 350x209) Image search: [Google]
fruit.jpg
29 KB, 350x209
I'm experimenting with eating only fruit for breakfast. Is this a bad idea? I used to eat corn flakes and milk every morning but I wanted to cut dairy from my diet. This morning, for example, I ate one large apple, one banana and two clementines. What are the effects of this? I notice fruit are high in sugar and don't really fill you up for long after. Should I add whole wheat bread or something else for a slower-burning carb? Will eating only fruit in the morning spike my insulin? Other ideas: ham, smoked salmon or last night's leftovers for protein.
>>
Do you really have to ask this question?
Eating a fucking banana once a day won't give you diabetes you fat Fuck.
>>
Ham, smoked salmon or left over protein are vastly superior options. However, best option is fasting.
>>
>>36344343

I'm not fat but I am cutting. I'm not concerned about diabetes, I'm concerned about being able to perform in the morning. The insulin thing was more like with regard to weight loss.
>>
>>36344386

Well I just came down with a sugar crash and had some leftover chicken with whole wheat bread instead.

Should I just start eating cereal with water or cereal by itself?
>>
Your specific question depends on a lot of things, but it's pretty much never bad to eat fruit. When I travel my breakfasts are always lean meats, eggs, veggies and fruits
>>
>>36344540

Fruits don't have a big effect on insulin, they're mostly low GI. Regardless, that isn't going to do shit to impede weight loss.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
i ate this for the first time and it's amazing
>>
sugar from fruit=/= sugar from processed stuff

'sugar is bad' is a meme, eat all the fruits you can it wont harm you if you stay within your caloric limit
>>
>>36344625
Fructose is just as bad as other sugars and fruit IS bad for you in large quantities, just as any high sugar diet is.

The difference is that it's a lot more difficult to eat too sugar by eating fruits because you're usually also eating a lot of fibre at the same time. This does not mean fruit is good for you.

Drinking fruit juice is practically as bad as drinking full sugar soda, for example. People seem to never understand the dangers of sugar nor understand the differences between carb and sugar on /fit/ and it blows my mind.

Source: Type 1 diabetic who nearly killed himself with orange juice.
>>
>>36344659
>Source: Type 1 diabetic who nearly killed himself with orange juice.

kek

>>36344611

Seems pretty carb heavy to me.

What's the best kind of breakfast, /fit/?
>>
File: Brad Pitt Thelma and Louise 1.jpg (12 KB, 200x186) Image search: [Google]
Brad Pitt Thelma and Louise 1.jpg
12 KB, 200x186
>>36344659
>orange juice
Did you drink 2 gallons day because you thought it was healthy. holy kek meine sides.
>>
>>36344280
just eat veggies fruit is pretty garbage tier,
>>
>>36344659

Find me any paper that suggests unprocessed fruits are unhealthy at any amount.
>>
>>36344386
>However, best option is fasting.

... go on. The best option for what?
>>
>>36344670
Up to 3 litres of fruit juices per week, despite regulating my bloodsugar and knowing how much sugar was in it. Past me was a fucking idiot.

Blows my mind how naive the human brain can be even when evidence is available.

>>36344685
Calling any single food or macro healthy or unhealthy is benign and missing the point, learn to understand food as a whole. There's also no such thing as processed fruit, unless you're talking about tinned/salted/syrupped fruits which I wouldn't recommend consuming regularly regardless.
>>
>>36344659
>juice
>typ 1 diabetic
yeah theres your problem, nobody was talking about juice or naturally diabetic people in the first place
>>
>>36344737

Fruit juice is an obvious example of processed fruit.

But again, show me any data on there being a fruit limit beyond which it becomes harmful.
>>
>>36344737
Juices have little to do with actual fruit. Most have huge amounts of added sugars in it. Fruit and veggies are literaly the only things that are always healthy
>>
>>36344765
He was specifically talking about fruit and fructose cock knocker.

>>36344791
Fruit juice is exactly that: fruit juice. Sometimes with added sugars or other processing. It is not fruit, you're intentionally being retarded and missing the point again.

If you're honestly trying to suggest eating unlimited sugar is good for you you're also far past the point of contextual reality for this thread.
>>
Do you really have to ask

Oatmeal faggots
>>
>>36344812
See
>>36344815

Again, healthy and unhealthy are benign qualifiers and offer nothing useful to any conversation, but calling unlimited sugar or starch or any macro good or bad is ridiculous.

As stated, it's a lot harder to eat too much fruit or vegetables than it may be for processed foods, but it's still no less of a valid concern.
>>
>>36344815
>unlimited sugar
It's impossible to get too much sugar out of fruits. You would need to eat NOTHING else but fruits everyday.
Just because you are retarded and stuffed yourself with processed shit (hint: little to no fiber in juices+a lot of added sugar) you are now trying to blame fruit in general
>>
>>36344815
>fruit = fruit JUICE
you fucking dumb cunt if you wouldve eaten regular oranges instead of juicing them you wouldve been fine you diabetic cunt

oranges are really LOW GI due fiber and would pose no harm even to diabetic cunts like yourself
>>
>>36344835
>it's impossible!
>but these are some ways you can do it

Please stfu already.
>>
>>36344835
>It's impossible to get too much sugar out of fruits.
Eating a single 200g serving of lychees means you're consuming more than your RDV of sugar, don't be a fucking idiot on purpose, you're already doing enough of it unintentionally.

>>36344837
I'm specifically stating that fruit != fruit juice, the other guy said that. Learn to read you non-diabetic cock whisperer
>>
>>36344823

Oatmeal requires milk.

I'll consider making it with water though. Maybe add some honey for texture or taste.
>>
OP ignore the posts done by the diabetic dumb cunt

eat as much as fruit as you can, dont juice them and you'll be fine and healthy as you can be
>>
>>36344815

The challenge stands. Show me the data or shut the fuck up.
>>
File: coolfrog.jpg (35 KB, 405x343) Image search: [Google]
coolfrog.jpg
35 KB, 405x343
Im eating some strawberries and bananas with greek yoghurt right now
>>
>>36344914
>I'm still shitposting instead of addressing the conversation, google stuff for me
I bet you're great fun to be around
>>
>>36344865
It's impossible with a diet that also includes fat and protein while not bulking with 5000. calories
>>
>>36344924

>google stuff for me

Just asking you to back up what you're saying with scientific data. Apparently you've seen some research that nobody else in the world has seen but you won't share it with us. What's this fruit limit where the sugary fruits begin to be unhealthy? What's "too much"?
>>
>>36344280
I usually eat yogurt, oats, chia seeds and banana. Sometimes i add some nuts and other fruit
>>
>>36344984
You're asking me to counter your claim, not back up mine. Again, address the conversation and I'm happy to expand.

>What's this fruit limit where the sugary fruits begin to be unhealthy? What's "too much"?
That depends entirely on what you're trying to accomplish. Someone earlier stated unlimited fruit was healthy and I countered showing that even 200g of Lychees is enough to go over your RDV of sugar.

Too much of anything is "unhealthy", that's what too much means.

Stop shitposting and think about what you're saying, you sound like a ridiculous child.
>>
>>36345049

>You're asking me to counter your claim, not back up mine.

Haha, no. You said fruit and its sugar is bad for you in large quantities, but that you naturally eat less sugar when eating fruit than eating sugars added to foods, implying that sugar for sugar, fruit is just as bad as any manmade sugary snack. That's your claim, not provide evidence for it.

>Someone earlier stated unlimited fruit was healthy and I countered showing that even 200g of Lychees is enough to go over your RDV of sugar.

This quote from the World Health Organization will be fitting then

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/sugar-guideline/en/

>The WHO guideline does not refer to the sugars in fresh fruits and vegetables, and sugars naturally present in milk, because there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.
>>>>>there is no reported evidence of adverse effects of consuming these sugars.
>>
eat fruits and don't ever listen to faggots here...
their micros are amazing, just make sure you get some protein too
>>
>According to the Harvard Health Letter: “The nutritional problems of fructose and sugar come when they are added to foods. Fruit, on the other hand, is beneficial in almost any amount.”

>In one study, seventeen people were made to eat 20 servings a day of fruit. Despite the extraordinarily high fructose content of this diet (about 200 grams per day, or the amount in 8 cans of soda), the investigators reported no adverse effects (and possible benefit actually) for body weight, blood pressure, insulin, and lipid levels after three to six months.
>>
>>36345080
>>36345116

Holy shit nice, thanks for the info. OP here by the way, not the diabetic cunt.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.