[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you put other people down and if so, why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1242x1052) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1242x1052
Just curious. It seems like a lot of negativity are on all boards on 4chan. Even on /fit/
Curious as to why people say super messed up things to others, even super randomly, when there's no negativity thrown their way first.
>>
>>36342103
tldr
ur a fag
>>
fuck off asshole
>>
But seriously, it's because people are miserable and happen to have access to Internet. Nothing more.
>>
>>36342103
I'm usually quite pleasant and supportive, I've gotten many of my friends into working out.

However when someone else is an asshole first I honestly take way too much pleasure out of being an asshole back I think if I was less empathetic I'd be a real piece of shit.
>>
>>36342191
What's up with all the negative/over the top mean people online? I don't get it, someone say they were miserable, are they really THAT miserable to be an asshole just randomly..?
>>
Anyone who brings people down to make themselves look good is due to insecurity.
>>
>>36342103
Google the greater internet fuckwad theory
>>
>>36342223
You've never seen someone in a bad mood take it out on the people around them? Doing it this way lets people get the negativity out without hurting anyone they give a shit about.
>>
makes sense a bit. Except
not everybody acts like that. I wonder what makes other people fall into that theory, while others don't waste time being a dick to people. >>36342230
>>
There are a lot of different reasons anon
>>
>>36342103
Eh not much, although I met this cute girl recently who I call a bitch a lot jokingly, I also said she had a deep ass voice that reverberated around the room because we were supposed to be quiet. Mostly ironically though cuz she wants it yknow.
>>
>>36342298
No. I've seen people lose patience and raise their voice. But I have not seen anybody just go up to someone randomly and slap them or curse them out for no arbitrary reason. Or say terrible things for no reason either. But I do witness this online a lot. Especially here on 4chan.
>>
>>36342362
You didn't read what I wrote. The randomness is why people do it. People on the internet hardly even feel like people. I mean you could be literally anybody on the planet. If I had a shitty day then I come on and shit on someone's favourite videogame or whatever it's a way to get that negative energy out.

Personally I usually just get that stuff out by working out.
>>
>>36342362
It's because they're miserable. Anybody who has typed a racial slur or called someone ugly, even if they were, are miserable people. They aren't happy. People who troll people have a lot of time on their hands. Having a lot of time on your hands is boring and miserable. Nobody wants a lot of time on their hands, it's shitty and makes a person more likely to feel depressed.
>>
I'm usually pretty friendly with people. I like 4chan more for its absurdity than its unpleasantness.
>>
only people that talk shit first. then I let them have it.

otherwise I treat people with respect.
>>
>>36342306
Empathy and when you're not an idiot you dont have the need to be a dick online for no reason
>>
>>36342408
That's true. When you think of a troll IRL, you don't picture an attractive man or woman with an above average life. Not saying that it's not possible. But MOST trolls are depressed. Sad. Unattractive. Have small penises. Is a girl who has been called ugly a lot. Or a guy.

Just someone who doesn't FIT IN. With friends that don't fit in either, if they even have any. Someone whose life sucks, a life you wouldn't envy.

Those are your 4chan trolls. And they're on here quite a bit.
>>
>>36342103
the people who lash out hidden behind a screen and anonymity do so because they don't have the balls to do half of it in IRL. It's their pressure valve for letting out steam after bending down and avoiding eye contact all day.
>>
fem detected
>>
>>36342103
It's just 4chan culture and the power of anonymity. It's all jokes.
>>
File: remotely-funny-cat.jpg (41 KB, 460x441) Image search: [Google]
remotely-funny-cat.jpg
41 KB, 460x441
>>36342103
If you ask yourself why people on 4chan are shit too eachother then you are a newfag on every possible level

Its simply 4chan culture

Go home now faggot
>>
>>36342421
This desu

Love the sense of humor here, and I recognize being overly insulting is part of it so I just consider the nastiness all bantz
>>
>>36342103
Go back to tumblr you pussy faggotron
>>
>>36342103
I recently read a post by a really insightful anon. I'll paraphrase it here, but please excuse my inability to relay the point as eloquently as our original friend
>in recent years there's a new breed of poster on 4chan, and chans in generals, characterized by the insanely aggressive style of their posts. Now, this isn't the usual "OP is a faggot" that has been around since the conception of 4chan, this is generally aggressive point making combined with general hostility and a clear focus on arguing with strawmen.
It used to be:
>stupid question
>lol OP is a fag
/thread
Now it's:
>stupid question
>holy. Fucking. Shit. I literally cannot fucking believe that somebody could feasibly be as fucking stupid as you are now. I literally hope you die in real life. There's no discussion here. I'm so obviously correct, can't you tell by my superior tone??

It's like the actively try to completely shut down discussion with their bullshit, instead of just calling somebody a fag and moving on. Very disturbing indeed.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.