[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm on my 2nd week of SS 5x5. I started with the bar and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: dddd.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dddd.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
I'm on my 2nd week of SS 5x5. I started with the bar and was able to add 5 lbs every day for the past 6 days to my lifts.

But today I stalled on 70 lbs squat. I'm a male (or maybe not...) 5'11 150 lbs. I could only complete 2 sets of 5 reps and failed on the 3rd set.

Is it possible I have a genuine medical condition? How is it possible for a grown man to stall on 70 lbs lift?

Yes I'm eating calorie surplus and I eat 100-150g of protein every single day (supplemented with Whey protein shakes so I know for sure I'm hitting the goals every day). I can't think of anything else could be problem.
>>
Just progress in reps op. Ex: try doing 5x3 reps one session, then the next try 5x4 and so on. You won't always be able to progress in reps bro.
>>
>>36341795
Err my bad

>Just progress in reps op. Ex: try doing 5x3 reps one session, then the next try 5x4 and so on. You won't always be able to progress in ***weight bro.
>>
>>36341814

but most people go to 135lbs or way more with never a 1 stall. i dont need to go up weight every day but 70 lbs seems way very low
>>
>>36341748
>SS
Did you read the book? Of course not
>5x5
Retard

How often have you been lifting?
Why don't you post a form check?
>>
>>36341748
Don't say you're doing SS and then post 5x5, it's very obvious you're not doing Starting Strength in the first place.

Why in the utter fuck are you starting with the bar? How do you stall on 70 lbs? Post a form check.
>>
How is your sleep schedule?
Did you gain weight?
>>
>>36341930
He started with the bar because that's all he could lift anon.
>>
>>36341748
Just on the slim chance this isn't a troll...

SS is not 5x5. Buy the book. Since I know you won't buy it, download it.

You are 5'11 and weigh 150 lbs. this is the source of all your problems.
>>
>>36341930

I started with the bar because it told me to and i couldn't lift more than that anyway.

and i cant post a form check because i don't want to set up a camera in a crowded gym

and the program I'm going is called "strong lifts" not starting strength, my mistake i don't know much about lifting weights bro (should be obvious)
>>
>>36341748
Work on form. Rest longer.
>>
>>36342079

you mean rest longer between set or between workout days? i only go 3x per week
>>
Don't worry OP I stalled under 100lbs also. Some of us just fucking suck at squatting, and that's ok. I still look great naked.
>>
>stalled early in a program
>must be a medical condition

Jesus Christ you colossal pussy - just try again next time. This board is full of faggots making excuses as to why they can't lift.
>>
>>36342092
rest 5 to 7 min between sets if you need to.
>>
Idgaf if you think you're earing above 500cal surplus, you're not, no one stalls at 70pounds while eating a surplus regardless of form, legit you could be doing goodmornings and would gain more than that
This is one case where GOMAD probably isn't a troll
>>
>>36342061
get starting strength and read it. just do it.
stronglifts is subpar.
>>
>>36341748
It doesn't matter, if you're really pushing yourself you're doing enough work to cause growth. Keep eating a surplus and training hard
>>
this is ridiculous, that one guy on our gym who started at skellington literally squatted 70 lbs the 1st time
>>
File: 1454650821960.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
1454650821960.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>36344015

Some people are weaker starting off than other people?

What a novel concept
>>
>>36341840
Most people are most people. Your lifts will be different than everyone else's and you have to start somewhere. If that's the most you can squat then that's the most you can fucking squat. If you hold yourself up next to everyone else, you're going to get disappointed and discouraged.

Everyone starts somewhere.
>>
Op do this goat tier program.

A
Front or back squat 5x3/3x5
Bench/Ohp 3x5
Any sickening horizontal row
Some pull ups or chin ups

B
Light front or back squat 5x3/3x5
Deadlift 3x2/2x3/1x5
Bench/ohp 3x5

C
Front or back squat 5x3/3x5
Bench/Ohp 3x5

Eat lots of food and add in close grip bench, Romanian Deadlift, weighted pull ups, row variations etc. When you eventually need them.Trust me you will gain fast if you eat big doing this.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.