[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What drugs are these fighters taking to be able to cut off so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 952467.jpg (39 KB, 446x540) Image search: [Google]
952467.jpg
39 KB, 446x540
What drugs are these fighters taking to be able to cut off so much weight so fast?
>>
>>36340924
do you actually care, or are you just making a bait thread to shit up /fit/ even more?
>>
>>36340942
No I'm genuinely curious as to how this process works. It's insane the amount of weight someone like McGregor cuts in the weeks leading up to the fight and I just want to know what sort of drugs he might be taking to do it. Doesn't seem to be much info about it online.
>>
>>36340924
when something is your life, its easy to do shit like this. fucking peasant
>>
>>36340924
It's pretty easy and doesn't require drugs. The amount of calories you burn in an hour of mma is insane. Also most of the weight they cut is water weight and they don't eat and starve themselves the day of the weigh in. It's easier to manipulate your weight when you're fit.
>>
No drugs needed, just diet, and dehydration.
My close friend is a pro boxer he walks around at 180 and he cuts down in 2 to 3 months to 154. Makes weight looking good. But the behind the scenes sucks, he'd call me feeling like crap, wanting do drink water etc. you might sit there and say OMGLOL 20 LBS IN A MONTH IMPOSSIBLE K BIKUZ SYANZ.
But they all do that. Ask pro boxers how it feels to cut.
Mma is not as bad because from the ones i know most of em are closer to their fight weight year round. Not all of them.
>>
>>36340979
As far as I know is mainly dehydration, I trained in an mma gym where there was pro local fighters and I saw them going through this process, and it was almost always the same process; lots of small foods during the day (6 or seven but not more than 100 gr each and mainly meat and green veggies) and I think tops 500 ml of water a day while doing your regular training (3 or 4 hours of bjj, box muay thai, etc)
>>
>>36341043
>>36341042
>>36340979
Oh, I was under the impression that someone like him must be taking SOMETHING to help him get down to 145 when he walks around at like 170. One more thing, how the hell do they manage to handle all the media and have the energy to get so aggressive at the stare down and shit? Surely they must feel like death.
>>
It's not uncommon for fighters to use clen/cutting agents as well as severe deficits in calories and dehydration (also helped with under the counter substances)
All in all, fighters aren't natty and take regular doses of the sauce
>>
>>36341117
It's mainly the diet and dehydration that gets them down that low. A lot of them are on other goodies that help keep them from dying and preserving lean tissue in the process.
>>
>>36341117
USA wrestlers have been doing this stuff for a while. Now they are using transfusions and IVs to put fluids back into the body after the weigh in.

There is a huge advantage to being good at cutting, and frankly it is why japanese fighters have such a tough time in the UFC.

They don't have the wrestling background and most are terrible at cutting. They fight pretty close to the listed weight, where americans are 5-10 or in some cases 20lbs heavier.
>>
>>36340924
roids up the ass + starving themselves for a few days
>>
mostly diuretics, strict diet, dehydration and fasting for the days close to the weight in

that will fuck up your health, but they are athletes, they want performance not health
>>
>>36341495
I'd imagine doing too many drastic weight cuts could harm your health, but if you're only fighting a few times a year and you're a top level athelete there's no way it's going to be THAT detrimental to your health.
>>
>>36341506

they want performance, they don't care about health

they wont be skelies or fatwhales but athletes look performance
>>
>>36341587
Well no shit they want performance but they are (usually) in excellent shape. I'm just saying a few cuts shouldn't be much in the long run. With that being said they can abuse their bodies pretty harshly.
>>
>>36340924
>Steroids for half a year to maintain muscle while doing regular physical workouts, practicing every once in a while.
>Start training a few months before season.
>Drop steroids
>Cut
>Cut
>Cut
>dehydrate a week before weigh ins
>rest and rehydrate
>>
>>36341699

muscular definition is NOT NECESSARY a sign of health

it shows fitness and/or athletism but it DOES NOT necesary means he/she is a healthy person
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.