[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are potatoes good on a weight loss diet? I'm trying to eat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: images (1).jpg (13 KB, 516x285) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13 KB, 516x285
Are potatoes good on a weight loss diet? I'm trying to eat 1400 calories a day, I get most of my calories from protein (chicken, tuna, eggs) and I throw in some veggies as well,, but even after all that sometimes I'm still missing 300 or 400 cals, 2 or 3 medium sized potatoes are normally enough to reach my goal

I just put them on a tray, drizzle some vegetable oil, sprinkle some salt, bake, then let them cool and eat them like apples. sometimes I make a chipotle dip if I don't feel like eating them plain
>>
Potatoes are a very good carb source for a cut. Pretty filling and not too calorie dense and actually has some micros.
>>
>>36339968
>is on a weight loss diet
>asks whether or not it's ok to eat DIY potatoe chips

get out of here before I get angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry m8
>>
>>36339968
>>36339986
Go away and never come back.
>>
>>36340018
Epic retort.
>>
>>36340046
If you wanted an epic retort id ask what your one rep max is.

>are potatoes good for weight loss
No. They have never been good. Maybe if your question was 'how to reach your calorie goals of 1500 cheaply' then sure.
>>
>>36340083
There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating potatoes on a cut.
>>
>>36340096
There's absolutely alot better things you can eat than potatoes on a cut.

Have fun being bloated like a potato with all that added salt OP.
>>
>>36340123
>alot

Literally retarded.
>>
>>36340169
You showed him, Grammar Man
>>
>>36340005

They're nowhere near as similar to potato chips, the oil and salt is just to make the skin cirspy, but if you're saying that a whole potato with a drizzle of oil and some salt has the same nutritional value as a bag of thin potato slices submerged in oil and salt, then what's the best way to eat these things when cutting?
>>
>>36340169
Literally autistic.
>>
>>36340186
just steam them and that's it.
But that doesn't taste really good now, doesn't it? Let's add fat and salt to an already carb-dense vegetable/starch to make it yummy yummy!!! :---D
>>
>>36340241
>plain potatoes don't taste good
>>
>>36340241
i dont have a steamer, but i guess boiling them will be pretty much the same.

>>36340260
The taste isn't bad, but it's bland, i really like potatoes so i dont think there's a problem with that.

What about adding them to soup? like chopping 1 or 2 potatos and adding them to a lentil soup
>>
>>36340299
Seriously, if you're staying under your calorie goal just fucking eat them. They are not bad at all.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.