[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is owning a katana cringy? I got this in San Francisco after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 1674x1165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 1674x1165
Is owning a katana cringy? I got this in San Francisco after seeing kill bill the first time I thought it was cool. I keep seeing pictures tho of beta fucks with there katanas. First picture taken with it just to show I'm not some neck beard fuck in College in a fraternity I'd say I'm a well adjusted guy and I always thought my katana was cool. Just wondering what the negative stereotype was about
>>
lol do you bro
>>
File: 1457651659002.jpg (26 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
1457651659002.jpg
26 KB, 367x500
>>36338636
>cringy
No. Not at all senpai.
>>
>>36338636
I think your reason for owning a katana makes a difference in this situation. It's cringey to own a katana "because it's cool" or "because anime characters use them" or "to use for self defense," but it's reasonable if you own one because you appreciate the culture or it represents something meaningful to you, but at that point you can't have anything other than an authentic Japanese katana made for a samurai.
>>
it is im sorry to say

trade it in for a medieval sword
>>
File: MFW2.jpg (16 KB, 291x329) Image search: [Google]
MFW2.jpg
16 KB, 291x329
A valuable katana sitting on a rack above a marble fireplace, amongst some beautiful antique vases, for all to see, shows a fuckload more class than posing with one in front of a camera like a virgin weeb who calls himself "Cunt Destroyer" on DOTA.

It's the mindset of the man that determines an Alpha. Not his toys.
>>
>>36338889
>>36338914
yeah buying a katana at a flea market for $5 is a no go, bro. unless you had one specially crafted for you by some swordsmith master atop mt fuji out of a meteorite he summoned to earth, id give it a pass
>>
>>36338889
>appreciate the culture or it represents something meaningful to you

i bet your katana can slice through 10 of your fedoras easy
>>
>>36338914
>A valuable katana sitting on a rack above a marble fireplace, amongst some beautiful antique vases, for all to see, shows a fuckload more class
That's not class. That's like 1970/80s nigger rich.
>>
Unless you weeb out about it or go full fedora I'll cut u for insulting m'lady I'm pretty sure you're safe
>>
File: mfw15.jpg (19 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
mfw15.jpg
19 KB, 280x400
>>36338956
>Not wanting to be 1970/80's nigger rich
>>
>>36338636
Doubt normalfags are in on the katana meme and would have a passing interest in one at most if they saw it in your home.

Posting pictures like this are cringe to everyone though. Same as posting yourself holding a gun.
>>
Get a battle axe instead
>>
>>36338933
you could probably find an authentic WW2 officer's piece of shit katana for $5 at a flea market
>>
>>36338636
That's a big katana, senpai.
>>
>>36338636
Honestly, objects aren't cringey, people are. Back when mj was alive and in his prime, he used to rock the even fedora look.
>>
You're good, bro.
>>
I feel cringe as fuck for wanting to use my gains to have more power with ancient/medieval/renaissance weaponry. The day I can be Gutz is the day I've made it, but I'll settle for being a beast with a pike, short sword or short spear.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.