[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/. I want to start eating yogurt. The problem is I really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: yogurt.jpg (5 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
yogurt.jpg
5 KB, 219x230
Hey /fit/. I want to start eating yogurt. The problem is I really don't like how it tastes plain. Is there anything good I can mix into it to change the flavour?
>>
>>36332262
Fruit
>>
>>36332273
Don't listen to this girl, she will probably recommend you a pumpkin spiced latte next.
Instead, take some low fat (<4%) greek yoghurt and mix it with honey. Only a little bit will suffice. The taste is INCREDIBLE, trust me.
>>
>>36332262
Why the fuck would you eat yogurt if you don't like the taste?
The macros and nutritional value are pretty mediocre.

It's great with fruit or honey but that's just more sugar. It also usually comes flavoured. And there are a hundred varieties that all taste different, from Greek yogurt to low-fat normal yogurt to kefir and whatnot.

tl;dr eat cottage cheese with dark grapes, after years of experimenting that is my winner
>>
>>36332306
Yoghurt is very good for your digestive system, apart from having high protein (greek yoghurt and skandinavian Skyr have higher protein values than normal yoghurt)
>>
>>36332328
thank you jamie lee curtis for activia
>>
>>36332303
Alright, I'll give it a try.
>>36332306
I wanted to start eating it for breakfast, figured it would be a decent way to start the day.

Cottage cheese and grapes sounds like a meme but I guess I'll try it anyway
>>
Go with neutral skyr (not with added tastes, they're loaded with sugar, and skyr has enough of it). Add honey. Get swole and milk-acne.
>>
Skyr sold in my country has only 2grams more protons but twice as much sugar as greek yogurt.
>>
File: kefir-grains-and-milk.jpg (138 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kefir-grains-and-milk.jpg
138 KB, 1024x768
>>36332328
>>36332328
Depends on the culture(s). Almost every commercially/large scale produced yogurt in the West has one or two cultures at most, and they're lost in digestion. Evem Skyr, which has higher protein content, is essentially shit compared to home grown culture.

Kefir, Kombucha and Buttermilk are all much, MUCH better for you in terms of active gut bacteria, culture AND vitamin intake.

>>36332303
>Don't add fruit
>Add sugar instead
>With low fat yoghurt
How to completely destroy any remaining nutritional value of a yoghurt and actively make it worse for you, good job.

>>36332341
Please don't make your shit choice even worse. At least figure out why you're eating yoghurt first.
>>
>>36332416
Uh, I've been eating two hard boiled eggs for breakfast before this. Would you say thats better than having some yoghurt?
>>
>>36332431
If so far it didn't make you tired or fart, then yes. From a nutritional point of view, eggs are better than yogurt.
>>
>>36332444
I'll stick to eggs then, thanks.
>>
>>36332431
Figure out why you want to eat yoghurt first and you'll answer that question yourself.

Eggs would make me think you're looking to up your protein intake and eggs have a lot less lactose than yoghurt, so probably not.
>>
>>36332458
Honestly I'm quite new to this. I'm just asking for opinions about a good breakfast. I knew eggs are pretty good so I started with that but I figured I'd see what people have to say about yoghurt.
>>
>>36332469
>Honestly I'm quite new to this. I'm just asking for opinions about a good breakfast.
We know, you've been told to identify what you're trying to do multiple times now and you're still evading the question.

If you base your diet on what a small random selection of people on the internet tell you you're going to eat like shit regardless, so it honestly makes no difference.
>>
>>36332485
I see. I want to lose fat and gain muscle. Does that answer the question?
>>
>>36332490
It's as vague and incompetent as the rest of what you've said.

In case you're not actually trolling, read the sticky. Losing fat means eating less calories and gaining muscle means lifting progressively heavier weights.
>>
>>36332262
greek yoghurt + flavored whey = delicious gains pudding
>>
>>36332836

This. Quark + oatz + vanilla whey = gains pudding.
>>
>>36332416
You tryin to tell me fruit ain't sugar?
>>
>>36332262
Cinnamon and stevia
>>
>>36332262
honey or drink some juice on the side

and you get used to it after some time and can eat it plain
>>
>>36332303
This. I do walnut pieces and a bit of honey. Tastes unreal and way less sugar than regular flavoured yougurt.
>>
Unless you adhere to the 'fruit is literally hitler' meme, I put plain yogurt in my smoothies.
Strawberry Banana: Strawberry, Banana, Blueberries, Whey, Yogurt, Milk
PB & Banana: Banana, PB, Whey, Yogurt, Milk.

I otherwise would get no fruit in my diet, and my doctor says fruit is better than multivitamin, so this is the life i chose.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.