[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weed/cigs/alcohol/drugsingeneral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5
File: buddd.png (124 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
buddd.png
124 KB, 300x300
How does smoking weed effect the body in regards to body building? I've heard from a few people that it's impossible to put on size if you regularly smoke pot.

On that note, how do other substance effect body building?

22/62KG/180cm
Looking to make big progress this year. Just need the knowledge.
>>
>>36331567

Wedx makes u lazy. And ppl who smoke will argue that it doesnt. But as a person who doesnt smoke myself and having friends of whom 95% smoke. I can tell with 99% that it makes u lazy.

U eighter dont train with that intensity or frequency.

Tl;dr wedx = makes u lazy
>>
Cocaine preworkout lets go
>>
>>36331602
Weed doesn't make you lazy. Lazy ppl smoke weed
>>
>>36331602
Not necessarily a lazy person. Started smoking pot due to deep-seeded issues but I still go about my shit.

It's not about me not working out or doing anything, I'm inquiring about bodily functions reacting to pot.
EG. Can't put on mass because apparently pot makes me skinny?
>>
>>36331567
I smoked heavily over a period of 6 months last year (bad break up, yeah Im a faggot I got it) and it never affected my gains. However that shit can be dangerous, every once in a while is fine but if you smoke it too much you become okay with being boring and thats not okay. Honestly if you're looking to get fit Id recommend cutting it down to once a week, less would be even better.
>>
I'm turning 23 in a few weeks and I smoked weed for the first time when I was 14. I've been smoking regularly since I was 16.

Weed makes you lazy. It does. There's no getting around that. It also makes you much worse at concentrating.

It has never interfered with my workouts, though.
>>
>>36331636
cont.
I've never heard about weed making you skinny and I've read an immense lot about it.
Maybe you're thinking about people who smoke cigarettes tend to be skinny? That's only because nicotine hampers your hunger feels. Weed doesn't do that.
>>
sometimes I'll hit a one hitter and go ride the cybex, it helps the time pass faster and the music sound better.

Weed makes you less aggressive and you really need to lift weights with a bit of a bad attitude.

I could see the benefit to smoking a bowl post workout and shower so you don't take an NSAID but other than that I would say it is detrimental.

It also makes you hungry for salty sweet foods. Never seen a stoner have the munchies for boiled white meat chicken breasts.
>>
>>36331649
> Never seen a stoner have the munchies for boiled white meat chicken breasts.

This, the second me and my buds get stoned its all about the cheetoes, doritos, Dr.Pepper and Whataburger.
>>
I know this is anecdotal and doesn't really prove anything but the friends and acquaintances I have that smoke weed or smoked weed didn't finish HS or didn't go to college and are working a dead end job. On the other hand the friends and acquaintances that do or did coke or MDMA are either working a decent job or in college.

Again, I know this doesn't really prove anything but I've also lost friendships because of weed. Some of my smoking friends became boring couch potato's without hobbies and constantly complaining about the situation that they got themselves into.
>>
>>36331634
OP

I would consider myself pretty fit. Like I said - 22/62KG/180cm

And that's around 10% body fat. I'm muscle all over.

My issue here is that I'm really fucking skinny. I've increased my calorie intake per day (fuck I'm even pumping carbs and fat) but I'm not seeing the gains that I want.

Is this due to smoking heavily?
>>
>>36331662
This is odd, when I was smoking heavily I could only bulk because I literally couldnt stop eating. Are you absolutely sure youre recording calories correctly?
>>
File: sp.jpg (174 KB, 1024x791) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
174 KB, 1024x791
>>36331636
>Weed makes you lazy. It does. There's no getting around that. It also makes you much worse at concentrating.
I don't really like SP but they really nailed this, pic related.
>>
>>36331674
OP

Not recording my calorie intake as of yet but I'm definitely eating 1.5x - 2x more per day and I've remained the same.

So you've actually smoked pot on a regular basis while still being able to build muscle?
>>
>>36331690
>not recording calorie intake

I GUARANTEE this is why you arent making gains, you think you're eating enough but you're not. You have to eat a stupid amount of food to put on muscle.

And yes I put on muscle (and fat) while smoking pot. Lifting heavy was the only thing that kept me sane most days.
>>
File: 185148.jpg (399 KB, 1280x1829) Image search: [Google]
185148.jpg
399 KB, 1280x1829
>>36331690
>Not recording my calorie intake as of yet but I'm definitely eating 1.5x - 2x more per day and I've remained the same
>>
>>36331659
That's because pot makes you lazy and not feel like cooking up anything fancy. I used to be exactly the same until I discovered the joys of cooking while baked out of my mind. Give it a try some time, it's great fun.
>>
>>36331704
I wish I felt the same joy but my problem with weed was that anything that didnt consist of me being on the couch and watching tv, eating, or smoking more pot was a chore to me. I really did try to do the typical stoner thing (take walks, observe nature, cook/bake etc) and it all felt like a chore, really sucked.
>>
That's mostly broscience. I've been smoking weed pretty much daily for a long time, never had too much trouble packing on size. It can certainly help with bulking.

Depending on the person, it can also help with motivation. Often times when I smoke and think of anything workout related I get super into it and proceed to work out like cray.

If you have the tendency to become lazy on it, just use it as a post workout thing.
>>
>>36331698
Used to only eat one/two meals a day so I figured just eat heaps for now until I gain a proper appetite (which I'm definitely eating a lot... eating is becoming almost painful now lol)

>>36331704
Former cook so I'm not stranger in the kitchen lol
>>
>>36331731
You'd be surprised how much you have to eat to put on weight. Those professional guys who get joocy eat like 6000 goddamn calories a day
>>
>>36331724
>>36331698
Thanks for the constructive posts.

Side question; if I was to consume more mass gainer (let's say 1 or 2 more scoops a day), would that be a good idea if I can't down enough food throughout the day?

>>36331746
Fuck my life. Well, I'm happy with the eating changes I've made thus far, compared to my previous eating habits. Any relevant links for a good mass gaining diet?
>>
>>36331731
I was in the same boat, it takes a while of forcing yourself to eat to get used to it but you will. Now on my first cut and getting food cravings.

Used to be a skelly eating one/two meals a day.
Then when I ate a lot in one sitting, I'd convince myself I eat tons and it was impossible for me to gain weight due to magic metabolism.

You should definitely try counting calories though, for me it was key in realising how much I overestimated what I ate and how much I should actually eat. My weight gain definitely only started properly after I started counting and adjusting my diet.
>>
>>36331771
MAss gainer is good as more of a last resort. I cant find links right now but some of the staples of my bulking diet were; pasta, mac n cheese, 8 egg omletes, whole milk, ground beef, turkey beef, whole wheat bread (of any kind) yogurt (try to find the one made with whole milk) beans of any kind and chicken sauteed or fried in olive oil/cannoli oil. Hope that helps some breh
>>
>>36331644
Used to bang a girl who was a daily smoker, she said it got to the point where she smoked that much it suppressed her appetite. Admittedly she probably lost about 10kg between the times I saw her so I wasn't complaining. Still got to hit that tight ass.
>>
>>36331649
there's nothing better than gymming hard, cooking up an enormous feast of seasoned grilled chicken breast, brown rice, green beans and broccoli, smoking a j, then devouring the meal.
>>
>>36331783
Honestly threw out a whole quarter chicken today because I just couldn't stand it anymore lol. I've noticed I'm able to eat more and more each day though, which is good.

Counting calories sounds like it's gonna fix my issue. Cheers for that, guys.
Is timing of the meals really important as some people say they are?
>>
>>36331820
Timing is not as important as some people make it out to be, however there's some merit to being consistent if you wanna get out of skelly mode.

For me personally the longer I went without eating the lower my appetite became, sometimes to the point of being sickened by the thought of food.

Not allowing myself to go without food for too long has helped me get over that.
>>
>>36331567
Smoking weed interferes with your will power. It's harder to tell yourself to get through a hard set or to take proper care of yourself.

Alcohol just fucks your shit up. Avoid alcohol. You should only drink once or twice a year.

Cigarettes are cancer sticks. It also shortens your endurance and stamina.

All synthetic drugs destroys your brains and change your everyday habits for the worse.

tl;dr don't do any drugs and don't consider yourself a straight-edge for doing so
>>
>>36331602
>tfw used to smoke every day for years
>tfw i was in the best shape of my life when i was smoking industrial quantities of weed
>tfw when i turned to e a fucking slob when i started a 9-5 job

GTFO, man.
>>
Shrooms?

I take shrooms here and there and the laughter fits alone make my abs sore the next day.
>>
>>36333407
Kek, can't see why shrooms would hurt your gains. Plus, with tolerance building so fast they can't really take up time you could be spending lifting or eating.

On the other hand don't take some caps and then go work out, that's a recipe to have a plate dropped on your foot.
>>
>>36331567
according to Mauro Di Pasquale (Anabolic Diet Book) he says weed effects testosterone levels negatively so it will impede gains

that being said i dont think it's fatal to putting on muscle but it does have a negative effect. that negative effect is probably negligible for the average weight lifter but if you are training for a competition you shouldnt smoke weed.
>>
I work as a bouncer. I have a lot of friends with nice bodies over 120 kg. Almost all of them smoke weed on the regular basis (including myself)
Weed doesnt affect your gains at all. I'm say it even help during bulking phase
>>
Best drugs to use ( in my personal experience):

Bulking: Marihuana / Hash. I would not need that much (about 5-6 big hits). i would do this before lunch and dinnner. I do not smoke outside the bulk.

Cutting: 2 fine lines snortes during the day. I would snort a line at midday and 1 in the evening. Its important not to overdue. But this actually let me cut on 1K+ deficit without ever experiencing hunger. Not healthy tho, max for 2 weeks. I do however have a coke fueled night every week or 3.
>>
I was a daily pot smoker for like 8 years, worked out but not in any way serious. Now I've gotten more serious and I smoke a lot less but I still smoke now and then and it fits into my routines fine. Helps to take some PWO (I use ECA) if you've smoked the same day before working out but I don't smoke less than 3 hours before working out. Working out stoned sucks.
>>
Would a glass of this each week hurt my gains?
>>
I smoke everyday.

Get straight A's in uni

Am 6'4 250 lb ~8% body fat.

It's all about the person.
>>
>>36334584
>But this actually let me cut on 1K+ deficit without ever experiencing hunger
Why cut on 1k+ deficit anyway if you're not fucking huge and have a TDEE of like 3000?
>>
>>36331567
I smoke weed on a daily basis in the evening time. I wouldn't describe myself a heavy smoker, smoke about 0.5g a night just to help me sleep. I got into it due to previous degenerate habits when I was a teenager but noticed its great potential to help me with my sleep, which for my entire life has always been very shitty.

I realise its not exactly the greatest health choice but the alternative is fucking awful sleep and as a result shitty recovery.
>>
I vape weed everyday. It's the only way I can sleep at night and make me want to eat enough to hit my calorie goal.

I keep drinking to once a week because it's nothing but empty carbs. I also gain weight quick off beer.

I'll pop some pain killers when I can find them. Best drug on the planet, to me. I'm not a fan of amphetamines.

I like as well. Only 2mg max or I go on an eating binge. I never black out because I use responsibly.

None of these drugs has impacted my progress because to me, I want to get the body I want more than getting the high that I want.

Tl;dr: I vape a bowl every time I get back from the gym and again at night.
>>
>>36334630
My tdee on cut is not 3k kcal because i cut out a lotta cardio sessions because they are life risking when someone is under the influence of coke
>>
Weed has little to no effect on gaining muscle.
>source: 6 years smoking, 5 lifting

Will help you eat for bulks, relieve some soreness and inflammation when it inevitably happens.
Just have to exercise some self control and not eat shit when you smoke.
All things in moderation.
My bro smokes more than me, makes good $ full time, hot gf and best shape of his life lol.
>>
>>36331662
>22/62KG/180cm
thanks ms skeletal
>>
>>36331567
I put on 25lbs of muscle my first year lifting smoking like a chimney.
Probably because I ate to match my effort in the gym
>>
>>36331567
everything has an effect on your body but most are benign or temporary. weed WILL affect your lungs if you consistently smoke (smoke itself in any form is not good for your lungs). you can occassionally smoke, or ingest THC via edibles or some non damaging method of ingestion.

as far as lifting with weed I don't recommend lifting while using any sort of downer for squats and deadlifts, but I find the high helpful when benching or performing OHP. people often report different sides from weed in relation to lifting while high.

as far as munchies etc. you might pig out if you rarely ever smoke but you can maintain self-control to cut or bulk as desired. i would recommend not ever buying junk or snack food though as it makes the process 10x easier since you would have to drive somewhere to get shit food

>>36331636
>>36331602
ridiculous assumptions, everyone has a different experience

>>36331680
this is about the only downside to weed, but with enough focus you can utilize an altered process of thinking to achieve realizations you might not have done before

>>36333889
there's not enough substantial evidence for anyone's mind to be made up.

source: I vape weed everyday and sometimes smoke. A couple of months ago I had an atrocious cough from smoking weed then I got my vape and started exclusively vaping weed for about a month and the cough went away.
>>
There is nothing better in this world than getting high as fuck and going for an intense run around town.

Been doing it everyday for a year now and I've made some serious progress.
>>
>>36331567
i got solid gainz (20 kg on squat, 10 on bench and at least 30 on diddylift) while smoking pot regularly.
but i became a fucking retard, now i often forget what i was talking about in the middle of a conversation.
>>
File: image.jpg (518 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
518 KB, 3264x2448
420blazer here

I smoke a bowl before lifting weights. It's great and therapeutic for muscle recovery.
>>
Weed makes me enjoy working out more. I am making great gains despite being high every workout and smoking most nights.

I also literally would never run if I didn't smoke. Smoking makes running extremely tolerable and almost effortless for me if im on an ez run, and helps me deal with the pain of pushing myself that extra mile or keeping pace for my intervals.

Idk weed is good. Also helps me eat more which is awesome on a bulk b/c I tend to under eat by a lot.
>>
>smoking makes you lazy

Quit chiefing Indica then and get some Sativa, faggots.
>>
>>36334861
Honestly you've just forgetten what you're talking about? I smoke my fair share and that has never happened to me. I mean, I might walk upstairs and forget what I was looking for, but never have I just dropped a train of thought mid convo.
>>
>>36333365
>tfw smoked everyday for years as well
>overweight, terrible diet, terrible fitness
>quit smoking due to working two jobs and not having time to get high
>start eating normally
>memory improves
>more energy
>stop working one job and start going to gym and running
>>
>>36331602
It really depends man. I would definitely say no to smoking before weightlifting, but if you're doing another exercise like rock climbing or cycling it really doesn't take away.
>>36331661
This has happened to most of the kids in my class who regularly smoked weed in high school. But these kids also had all the same classes together (the school tracking system groups kids based on their grades and likely hood to go to college) so they were probably doomed to be burger flippers regardless.
>>
>>36331567
The only way it would affect gains would be if it hindered your strength and endurance, making a shitty workout in the gym=no gains.
>>
DUDE
>>
WEED
>>
LMAO
>>
File: tmp_8638-14538338679541267347073.jpg (808 KB, 1113x1243) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8638-14538338679541267347073.jpg
808 KB, 1113x1243
Tangentially related
Has anyone had success lowering drinking alcohol, without quitting entirely?
Tips? Tricks?
Quit for three weeks while doing low carb n lifting, dropped fifteen lbs. Now have been maintenance for a month but not a single day sober. Had 5 beers last night and it was my best in the last 2 weeks
>>
>>36331567
Weed won't effect your body building on the long run, but the acute effects of it might make you lazy or unmotivated.

That being said, I'm looking into getting my IFBB pro card next year and I've never smoked as much weed as I am now.

If you have problems with being lazy after consuming weed or eating the wrong foods cause you can't control yourself - weed is gonna slow you the fuck down.

If you don't tho, and use it wisely - it might be a great asset.
I can't survive a bulking season without weed. I have to maintain a calorie intake of around 5450 calories daily and it's a pain in the motherfucking ass for me. I can't stand the taste of fucking chicken unless I'm high as shit.

When it comes to other drugs if you are willing to experiment :
LSD won't affect you in any way.
MDMA/Amphetamines/Cocaine will make you lose weight and I won't suggest taking them frequently if you wanna maintain a healthy muscle mass.
Taking psilocybin mushrooms is shit tho. As it requires a carb only diet prior to eating them (if you wanna do it properly that is. I do my research on Pubmed before taking anything) and you need shitloads of protein for BB.
>>
>>36331567
Realistically, how bad is binge drinking (I'm talking a lot of vodka ect) once a week for you?

I'm 21
>>
>>36335269
It's pretty shit, but that doesn't mean that you have to be an aussie and stop doing it.

>empty calories
>vasoconstriction
>fucks up your performance the next day
>>
I smoke daily before bed. Helps my insomnia and therefore my gains. Whenever I quit I stay up for a week straight and get weaker
>>
>>36335310
It just gives me like a foggy brain for a few days is this normal lol
>>
>>36335269
>>36335112

I used to drink heavily twice a weekend from 18 to 22 and it felt it didn't affect me so much (I think it affected my brains though). Now at 29 I'm down to once every two weeks like 10-16 beers/shots. The next four days my lifting is shit and I feel I lose all my gains even if I don't have a proper hangover. Fucking aging [spoiler]and fucking King.[/spoiler]
>>
without weed i probably wouldnt have been able to put on 35lb these past few months. took my right out of skelly mode
>>
>>36331796
where do I meet girls like this?

i like chill girls i can get high with and fuck and do cocaine and watch music videos. There aren't a lot of those at my high school.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.