[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to go to the gym for the first time and i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: 7MUTn.jpg (17 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
7MUTn.jpg
17 KB, 400x449
I'm going to go to the gym for the first time and i'm nervous as fuck. I was going to go today but backed out at the last minute as I felt I was going to have a panic attack. I don't really have any friends to go with me. Anyone else like this the first time they went to the gym? beta cringe stories welcome.
>>
>>36329888
Nice trips
>>
just go at a stupid hour like 10 pm, or in the morning. Morning people are all ''good guys'' that will be happy to see a new guy trying to improve.
>>
Are you the guy who posted earlier today?

I told you to just go. No one fucking cares at the gym. No one will say shit to you.
>>
>>36329888
Just go in the morning or late evening when no one is there, you autistic fuck
>>
>>36329937
yeah except someone from /fit/ making a thread about me.
>>
>>36329888
You're right to be afraid, OP. Your first day at the gym can make or break you. YOU WILL BE JUDGED. You need to expect that every person in there is sizing you up to see if you're a pussy. It's kind of like your first day in prison. If you do too little weight, they will think you are a pussy and laugh behind your back every day from here on. If you wait too long between sets, even the girls will laugh at you. If you go to the waterfountain too many times, you will be laughed at. Every move you make on the first day will determine your permanent status in that particular gym. Do not take this lightly, everyone is watching your every move to see if you fuck up.
>>
Baby steps Anon. Go to the gym and use the treadmill for 30 minutes. The next time you go use the treadmill and if you feel comfortable another piece of equipment. Build on your comfort level one day at a time. Also, no one will say shit to you at the gym.
>>
>>36329957
no one will know it's you, that's a nice thing about being anonymous
>>
>>36329989
To add to this:

If you're fat, God help you...
>>
>>36329993
Thats good advice thanks.
>>
>>36329993
>treadmill
Fuck that, go download the SL5x5 app and do what it says. Watch the included videos first. Start with just the bar, learn good form. Add weight progressively. Get joocy.
>>
>>36329957
Yeah, this is actually a great point. If I were a novice lifter and came across /fit/, with all these bitchy threads about inexperienced lifters making mistakes that inexperienced lifters inevitably make, I would think about not lifting anymore.

But you have to understand that there are no significant consequences. People will judge you, probably, but nothing comes of that. Just do your thing, anon. Fuck 'em.
>>
File: 2286633_f520.jpg (42 KB, 520x443) Image search: [Google]
2286633_f520.jpg
42 KB, 520x443
>>
>>36329888
anyone bothered with what you're doing is an idiot anyway
>>
>>36330035
I disagree, there are VERY real consequences of being an autist at the gym.
>>
>>36330026
Or full fit. Got that one a few weeks back. Cost 3.99 but it's got programs and 3-4 day splits. Weight loss routines, videos for each excercise. Does all the thinking for you, logs what you've done. All you need to do is pick shit up and put it down.
>>
>>36330035
No one will make fun of someone practicing their form with basic compound lifts starting with the bar and progressively adding more babby weights to it every day they show up and keep doing it until a year later when they're adding pl8s.
>>
>>36330085
Liar
>>
>>36330087
I would never lie to you anon.
>>
go during 12pm-2pm almost no one is there. You'll be able to avoid everyone mostly and do your shit before it gets crowded. When too many people are in the gym just leave. Do that till you're comfortable enough in the gym to go whenever.

Remember, everyone has their own shit going on...no one is really paying attention to you that they'll go out of their way to make fun of you.
>>
>>36330104
Double Liar!
>>
You'll notice that many gym goers wear head phones. This, to me, means that they do not want to engage in conversation. Problem solved.
>>
When I first went to my current gym I noticed an older man (50 yrs old) talking to older females. The next time I went he was there talking to them again. I believe he is there personal trainer or something. But the annoying thing is he is loud and talks like a "stereotypical" gay person. Another minor annoyance is the fat guy walking on the treadmill (not this fat guy walking on a treadmill). The fat guy carries on a phone conversation while walking on the treadmill. There are benefits however. One is the GAINZ. The other is the qt 3.14 staff member who cleans the machines in front of you.
>>
>>36329888
>>36329937
I'm the guy who posted the gonna go first time to the gym thread and i went and it was the best decision ever.
Did workout A from SL, my wrist hurt a bit at bench and my row form made my legs shake but fuck did it feel good.

OP just go, do it, go, fuck all other people, not literally ofc.
>>
File: 1457503085174.gif (704 KB, 202x170) Image search: [Google]
1457503085174.gif
704 KB, 202x170
>>36329888
Fuckin newfags
>>
>>36330312
>>36330312

This OP, slap on some tunes that pump you up and get in there
>>
>>36329888
Literally no1 cares. Just go.
I go around 9 pm because its nice not having to wait for a machine to open and you start to see the same faces its pretty cool
>>
Where do you live OP? If you're in WA I'll go to the gym with you
>>
>>36330053
>Cant ask people to spot you
>tfw you cant make optimum gains
>tfw can't to failure or you die
>>
Just fucking do it, you will never feel as good about yourself as you will after that first month or a proper routine and you get those beginner gains.

t. 2 months into 5x5
>>
>>36330867

I'm too scared to ask for a spot too

Fuck my life
>>
File: 1440541322313.jpg (48 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1440541322313.jpg
48 KB, 792x558
>>36329888
You actually think you attract attention in the gym as a fatty or skeleton? How full of yourself are you? People who fucking make it dont make excuses like this, can already tell you wont make it faggot.
>>
>>36330742
What an insightful observation. You truly are a master of deduction.
>>
File: ohshit.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
>>36329888
the first time i went to the gym i tried to do a power clean after reading ss. needless to say the 5kg plates proceeded to fly off the far. luckily there was not alot of people in the gym at the time but a old dude next to me gave me a bert stare. just dont do anything stupid like me and you'll be fine
>>
>>36330053
Like what?
>>
>>36330884
Do you lift every day or just every other day?
>>
>>36329888
get drunk beoforehand to get rid of the nerves.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.