[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardio Thread: What's your daily routine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5
File: rj30.jpg (238 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rj30.jpg
238 KB, 1024x768
>Not doing cardio
>"But my gains will suffer!"

Yeah, well, your life span will suffer too if you don't exercise the muscle you need the most.
>>
Just usually 15min on stationary bike at moderate pace.

Anymore than that and I just end up feeling hungry as fuck and I just end up eating too much.

Cardio makes me hungry but lifting doesn't.
>>
Cardio day today. Did my usual 7 reps of one minute at 5.5-6.0 and one minute at around 9.0 on the treadmill. My feet are kind of tight as usual.
>>
>>36327759
doing squats is just as good as cardio, i'm dripping with sweat after my 3rd set.
>>
>>36327759
>tfw getting a really sore hip from jogging
Help. I have flat feet but I wear orthotics in my shoes
>>
>>36327798
>sweat=cardio

Yeah steam rooms are perfect cardio
>>
>>36327798
Hahaha look at this faggot OP, they think squats are the same as going for a run! Hahaha! Too bad this sad fuckers going to run out of breath going up stairs.
>>
File: rj1.jpg (28 KB, 350x441) Image search: [Google]
rj1.jpg
28 KB, 350x441
>>36327779
>>36327783
>>36327798

Why don't you guys just go running?

It's cheap (free), you get to go outside, and it's one of the most effective ways to increase endurance and fortify heart health?

>>36327809

Assuming you're overweight, just bike and swim until you're thin enough so go running without hurting your feet/knees/hip.

If you're not overweight, I don't know what to tell you, man. You might have some issue with your joints or some shit like that? Talk to your doctor, cardio is critical for overall fitness.
>>
Try to get in at least 2 miles a day most days. On easy weeks I hit around 3 a day and then long runs on the weekends of around 10 miles or so. Makes cutting easy as hell especially combined with lifting.
>>
>>36327845
Im gassed by 1.5 miles....
But i couldnt run a mile last year so ill just keep adding distance i guess.
>>
>>36327841
Not overweight, have hypermobile joints tho which cause the flat feet, hence the orthotics which my doctor claimed would prevent shit like this from happening
>>
>>36327841

Cardio equipment is consistent exercise. Going outside makes your cardio very inconsistent because of where you go, also bad weather can interrupt outdoor cardio.

Indoor cardio on a stationary bike or treadmill is 100% consistent because you can pick the elevation and resistance and speed and monitor heart rate etc - PLUS you don't have to worry about bad weather fucking up your day.
>>
>>36327841
Running outside is tough you have to look where you're going, the weather sucks, it smells
>>
>>36327864
>>36327877

samefag
>>
>>36327864
Only thing that needs to be consistent is your heart rate, faggot.
>>
>>36327841
Jogging is a very poor method of improving heart health compared to HIIT senpai
>>
>>36327893
Lol no

HIIT is good too but acting like jogging is
>a poor method for heart health
Is literally autistic
>>
>>36327877
I find it much harder to push myself on something like a treadmill or an indoor bike. Based on the fatties watching tvs on the treadmills at most gyms, I'd say that's pretty standard.

Rain is fun to run in anyways.
>>
>>36327883

Why are you so against indoor cardio?

It's the same fucking shit. You fucking hippies need to nit pick at everything. Just fuck off and kill yourself already you unhappy sack of shit. You sound like a fucking vegan.

Cardio indoors
>Pick your speed, consistent speed
>Pick your resistance and it stays until you manually turn it down
>Pick your elevation so you can do up-hill for as long as you want
>Monitor your Heart rate and keep it above whatever you want
>You literally CANNOT cheat with indoor cardio because it's all monitored and there's no inconsistency with elevation or speed or resistance.
>Don't have to worry about getting outdoor obstacles or weather

Cardio outdoors
>Inconsistent speed (You will slow down without realizing it because you cannot track your speed)
>Inconsistent elevation
>Inconsistent resistance
>You will CHEAT because you have nothing monitoring your speed to keep on track
>You will need to worry about your surroundings and bad weather

Now why the fuck would you ever try and say outdoor cardio is better? Are you literally fucking retarded? You stupid mother fucker.
>>
File: rj2.jpg (140 KB, 949x534) Image search: [Google]
rj2.jpg
140 KB, 949x534
>>36327869

Just add half a mile every month if you want to increase your distance. In addition to that, you should work on your mile time.

Running outside is better for distance while the treadmill should be used to improve time/speed.

>>36327872

Sorry about that bud. You'll see great result from swimming and biking. Swimming is probably the best all around workout as it improves muscle development in every area while improving cardio. Keep your chin up, friend.

>>36327877
>>36327878

You should still run regardless of shit like sporadic, "inconstant" terrain or "bad weather". Dear Lord I didn't know /fit/ was full of fucking pussies. The shitty conditions will make you stronger and more prepared for real shit. Life doesn't always run through a nice, clean gym.
>>
>>36327906
You have no idea what you're talking about

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4657417/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25771785
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23857036
>>
>>36327912
>I find it much harder to push myself on something like a treadmill or an indoor bike.

>Based on the fatties watching tvs on the treadmills at most gyms, I'd say that's pretty standard.

>>Based on the fatties watching tvs on the treadmills at most gyms

They're fat because they over-eat you stupid cunt. My god how the fuck do you people function in daily life with that type of thought process. My god I really hope you're trolling.
>>
>>36327930
>You should still run regardless of shit like sporadic, "inconstant" terrain or "bad weather". Dear Lord I didn't know /fit/ was full of fucking pussies. The shitty conditions will make you stronger and more prepared for real shit. Life doesn't always run through a nice, clean gym.

Fuck off hippy. You're coming off as a poorfag that lives out in the middle of nowhere with no access to optimal equipment that's trying to feel better about himself by belittling people who do.
>>
>>36327930
People are looking at you, you have to watch out for people, cars. Sidewalks aren't made for running. Face it mate.
>>
I ride my bicycle at least 4 miles everyday. That is unless it's raining. Sometimes I'll take a walk. I love running, but don't run routinely. When I do run I'll usually go for 5k on the road. Don't really like the feel of treadmill. My old gym had nice stairmasters that I would do 20min sets on lol.
>>
>>36327924
>Now why the fuck would you ever try and say outdoor cardio is better

ex competitive cyclist here - if there is one thing I know, its cardio

because if I try to do 15 hours of high intensity indoor cardio I will legit shoot myself. There isnt anything to look at!

Also to get any sort of good workout you will create a pool of sweat inside, while riding / running the air cools you off and you don't notice sweat as much / it evaporates quicker and cools you.

>Inconsistent speed (You will slow down without realizing it because you cannot track your speed)
Incorrect - get a garmin watch or use any running / cycling phone app. I have it dialed down to the exact watt ranges my legs put out, as well as speed and heart rate
>inconsistent elevation
great for workouts / don't be a bitch
>Inconsistent resistance
u wot m8?
>You will CHEAT because you have nothing monitoring your speed to keep on track
again get a running / cycling app and a heart rate band
>You will need to worry about your surroundings and bad weather
got me there

but srsly doing cardio indoors sucks compared to outside. If its raining I sure as hell dont want to do a 4.5 hour ride inside on a stationary bike lel
>>
File: rj3.jpg (408 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
rj3.jpg
408 KB, 1080x1920
>>36327967
>>36327988

Few answers. Plenty of excuses.
>>
>>36327988
>running on sidewalks
>running on any concrete surface for that matter
Guaranteed shin splints, unless you live in some inner city ghetto where there are no parks or other grassy areas there's no excuse for running on sidewalks
>>
>>36328030
You call them Excuses. I call them Reasons. Gym running is way better. I don't run to enjoy the scenery or "get out" I'm just not like that
>>
No swimming in this thread?
>works every muscle in the body
>no stress on joints
>can't over do it/perfect for beginners or advanced, no having to "get thin" to avoid injury

I swim 4-5 days a week usually 1.5 miles a day (96 lengths of the pool). Sometimes on the weekend when I don't work I like to see if I can swim 2 miles in decent time.
>>
A three mile run in the morning and a mile open water swim in the afternoon, Monday through Friday.
>>
>>36327936
I'm not even the guy you're responding to but did you even fucking read those articles at all?

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4657417/
"no significant differences between groups"...

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25771785
All this says is that HIIT is better, doesn't say MICT is shit..

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23857036
"without significant differences between the two training programs" and this is even a study based on those with chronic heart failure..

You're still a fucking autist bro. None of those articles say that continuous training is shit.
>>
Boxing is master cardio.
>>
Fuck running

jump rope is for patricians
- only takes 10 minutes a day
- works lower and upper body
- Improves Coordination
- at a good intesity 10 minutes = 30 minutes jogging for calories expended
- prevents shin splits
- you can do it any time of day without be ran over and shot by nignogs
>>
>>36328037
Shin splints are when you are pushing yourself too hard and can't have a good stride. What do you think about marathon runners?

I did XC in high school but wasn't really on varsity. I didn't run in college, but would just run on my own and go to free-entry races. I fell out of running for about a year and picked it back up. That was when my shin splints hit me the worse because I was thinking "Oh I can just run like I used to". Not the case lol. So after that I kept my running up more. I just won 2nd place in a local race back in October. I just get really sore in the my calfs when I run now lol...
>>
About to go nighttine running.
Wish me luck.
>>
>>36328098
you forgot

>can't swim when on gomad
>>
>>36327759
Just ran a 1600,800,and 3200 for track. I'm deeeed
>>
Snowboarding and boxing though
>>
I like to warm up with a mile at a jogging pace (6.0)

rest for a bit, begin my 4 miles, and try to keep it within 30min then change settings to to a -3.0 decline and speed to 8.0 or 10.0. then keep it between 10 or 12 on the last mile

I like the tread since can push the settings to extremes. it's good cause it's 'forcing' you i guess to go fucking faster.

after i do it long enough i'll outside and i won't give out as quick since
>>
High rep bench, squat and Deadlifts
>>
I'm gunna start jump roping. Will help with skating and snowboarding too
>>
hey. What about rowing though? Rock climbing? Any Action sport experiences taken up to cut fat here, anyone? Thinking about rock climbing in summer/fall to balance up for snowboarding in winter/spring
>>
>>36328249
yes
>>
>>36328239
high rep OHP + high rep squats = 200bpms
>>
>>36327930
>treadmill is better for speed
Are you retarded m8
>>
>>36328313
What? You using HR monitor. uh, I wouldn't trust those things. All those apps are made with code and those companies might not know what they are doing.

When I do cardio I try to turn off all my electronics
>>
>>36328341
so are you retarded?
>>
All of these idiots saying treadmill
>terrible on joints bc it is unbelievably hard
>doesn't work your hammy's because you don't physically pull your leg back
>breathing in shit dry air
>perilous to do anything faster than 7 minute miles
>unbelievably monotonous
It's a shit exercise for fucking casuals. I thought this was /fit/ not fucking tumblr
>>
>>36327759
Is this what dyels have to fuck when they can't get an attractive woman?
>>
>>36328386
You can't go above a fucking 6 minute mile. It's garbage for speed. It also doesn't get the proper motion in and doesn't work your hams correctly
>>
>>36328398

>unbelievably monotonous

Do you even iPod m8?
>>
>>36327759
i commute on my bicycle everyday. six miles one way.
>>
>>36328225
>change settings to to a -3.0 decline and speed to 8.0 or 10.0.
you're going to fuck up your knees
>>
>>36327759
>What's your daily routine?
>daily
kek
>>
>>36327930
>more prepared for real shit.
unless you are a spec ops soldier, there is no real shit where you need to put in significant running under bad conditions.

retard.
>>
i don't do cardio when i'm bulking, my TDEE is already ridiculously high and when i add cardio during bulking i find it almost impossible to gain weight.
>>
>>36327759
10 minutes treadmill 10 minutes jumo rope
>>
>>36327759
I exercise my dick in your mom everyday, op.
>>
>>36328398
Still not as hard on the joints as the concrete that a lot of people run on
>>
30 minute walk to and back from university.
>>
I bike 30 minutes every other day

>>36328437
I admire your tenacity, and that's probably great for your health.

Hard on your dick though. Bikeseats put alot of pressure on your perineum
>>
>>36331283
This is my problem with running.

Human's have weak ankle and knee joints. Alot of running, over time, unfortunately wears out these joints. A couple people in my family were really big runners in their younger days, and now suffer from serious knee complications.

Apparently these kinds of degenerative injuries are common in distance runners.

Longevity should always be the primary goal
>>
>>36327809
>what is IT Band syndrome

lengthen your stride and stretch your hips. literally happens with shitty form and half-assing your run, as evidenced by your use of the term "jogging"
>>
>>36327759

>Yeah, well, your life span will suffer too if you don't exercise the muscle you need the most.

This meme needs to die. Lifting really stupid heavy trains your heart PLENTY for the purposes of basic heart health.

Now, if you want to be remotely good at ANY sport with a cardio endurance component (pretty much anything except weightlifting and golf), some actual aerobic and glycolytic training is going to be required.
>>
>>36327783
>7 reps of one minute at 5.5-6.0 and one minute at around 9.0
Wtf? I'm a fat fuck and that shit barely gets me past 50% heartrate
>>
>>36327841

>It's cheap (free), you get to go outside, and it's one of the most effective ways to increase endurance and fortify heart health?

I played rugby in college. Doing so, I suffered one concussion, two broken noses, a sprained shoulder, and a sprained thumb. And I STILL think I suffered fewer injuries than the goddamn cross country runners. These people had stress fractures in their feet, shins, hip, along with IT band problems and so on.

Long distance running is just not good for anything except training your ability to run long distances, and it's MUCH more liable to legitimately injure you than weight lifting.

If you MUST do cardio, try swimming. Or at least sprints on grass or some other relatively soft surface.
>>
>>36327924

>Why are you so against indoor cardio?

Treadmills, at the very least, are utter shit. When you're actually running, the ground doesn't pull your foot backwards for you.
>>
>>36328098

>No stress on joints

Except your shoulders. I've known swimmers that injured them just from overuse. It turns out humans aren't quite built to make their primary mode of motorization their blasted shoulder joint.

Not to say it isn't perfectly safe in measured doses. The people who got hurt were D1 swimmers training all the time.
>>
>>36327779
>Cardio makes me hungry but lifting doesn't.

that's because you aren't doing cardio until your stomach is queasy.

That's usually at about the 45 minute mark
>>
>>36327759

Got a couple miles marked out in an abandoned power plant. Just blast through it a couple of times in the morning then some interval training in the evening. Do a ton of walking but I don't count it because I could literally walk into the heart of the sun and it wouldn't tire me out none.
>>
Yes we all know squats don't increase your heart rate
>>
>>36328957

I've played both rugby and golf in everything from snow flurries to torrential rain. About the only thing that stops men's outdoor sports from continuing is lightning, or an imminent natural disaster.

And even then, some football teams have played in legit hurricanes.
>>
>>36327783
Lmao this made me feel good.

When I use the treadmill, I put it on 1% grade and then start at 9.0 for 1.5 miles and then go up to 9.5-10 for the next mile, and finish the last half mile at somewhere between 10-11. Takes like 20 mins for 3 miles.
>>
>>36328177
>Americans need to take getting shot into consideration when choosing how to do cardio

Wew
>>
>>36327829
>Yeah steam rooms are perfect cardio

RIP Zyzz
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.