[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a female, do a lot of cardio and I want to get into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 640x640
I'm a female, do a lot of cardio and I want to get into weights.
I looked at the sticky and was thinking of doing SS, but my brother said I should do something more female oriented like this http://www.gymaholic.co/articles/workouts/35/women-workout-routine
What do you think?
Pic is my dream body, ofc
>>
SS is fine, just add accessories for ass and legs instead of accessories for chest and arms. It's really easy to just stop lifting if you think you're getting too big, but it's extremely difficult to accidentally a bodybuilder as a woman.
>>
SS is fucking amazing for woman you shit head.

You're literally training legs every day with minimal upper body shit.
>>
>>36326315
My bro said it was a bad idea to start with something that has deadlifting as an amateur bc I could easily get an injury from weakness and poor form--?
Also he said it doesn't focus enough on core strength which should be the starting point. Idk.
>>
Your brothers an idiot, I don't even like SS, but if it's optimal for anyone it's women because of all the fucking squatting.

It doesn't really matter, you *can* do either, but SS would seem better to start with for a beginner if you ask me, you want to focus on main compound lifts before anything else, and just focus on adding more weight/reps every time you go, even if it's only a little bit, progression on the main lifts is THE best thing you can do for fitness and will be much more beneficial than progressing in curls or glute bridges. The other stuff is nice, but not really that necessary, and you can always add in extra stuff after your main lifts anyways.
>>
>>36326353
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST NO

YOUR BROTHER IS AN IDIOT I WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCK FACE RIGHT NOW

1. If you lift light and use proper form, which isn't fucking hard, just keep a flat back and bend at the knees, and act like your doing a squat but while holding something. It's that easy, just don't try something you obviously can't do and you won't hurt yourself. Do it at a weight THATS difficult, but not extremely difficult to the point where you struggle.

2. All of my fucking what? Why would core strength be your main concern? That is absolutely retarded, that's like my friends who did like 100s of crunches all the time and still look like absolute shit and are weak as fuck. Don't focus on core strength, sure if you want good and you'll want to do more than just squats and deads, so just do some sit-ups, crunches, or hanging leg raises after the fact, because progression on heavy compound lifts by far is THE most important factor in building muscle.
>>
>>36326353

Your brother has no idea what's he's talking about. Deadlifitng and squatting are two of the most natural human movements. You won't get injured if you keep a neutral spine throughout all lifts and your core strength will increase from having to brace with your core through deadlifitng and squatting.
>>
>>36326353
Pic of your brothers physique
>>
>>36326436
Also as far as getting the form down, just watch videos and it'll give you a good idea of what it should look like.

I used to watch myself from a side angle in the mirror doing it to make sure my form was good, just make sure you're going extremely extremely light doing this, your just checking form, not actually trying to pull decent weight, you will hurt yourself looking to the side with any decent weight
>>
File: 1453080814478.jpg (84 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1453080814478.jpg
84 KB, 480x360
>>36326369
>>36326436

holy shit there's still people who actually think there's any benefit to SS whatsoever
>>
File: ddddd.jpg (24 KB, 260x332) Image search: [Google]
ddddd.jpg
24 KB, 260x332
I've been having great results with StrongCurves, but SS can be modified to do effectively the same thing by adding booty and hamstring accessory work (glute bridges, hip thrusts, etc.).

This book is a good resource since it has a plethora of different exercises for legs/ass, but the routine is available for free online I'm sure.
>>
don't listen to your brother, do starting strength + barbell hip thrusts for a bam bam ass, learn to row for cardio (and also for the ass)
>>
>>36326468

>there are people who think SS is useless

I bet you don't even lift.
>>
>>36326456
My bro is pretty strong but he has to be for work. Idk if he knows that much about women's workouts tho desu.
>>36326501
Thing is, I'm not as into the arse as most gym girls, I just want to be strong all over. I already row though.
>>
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

In all seriousness SS is just fine. Start light to get good form, then move on up.
>>
>>36326553
Sorry to show my newness, but can you explain the London meme to me?
>>
>>36326565
I'll admit that I wasn't here when it happened, but from what I gather a girl posted a (possible nearly nude?) picture of herself asking for fitness advice. Obviously attracted a lot of attention. Some guy kept spamming 'LONDON' and 'pls be in london', and shit like that. Basically a thirsty as.f Londoner.

Anyone have the comic?
>>
>>36326293
SS is best for giving you a great womens physique, some guy here tried it and is now a fucking tranny.
>>
>>36326600
Lol funny thing is I'm actually from London myself
>>
>>36326549
enjoy ruining your back
>>
>>36326631
lol me too. Central?
>>
>>36326669
East bruv
>>
>>36326293
>>36326353
Your brother sounds like a retard. SS is great for guys and girls. Go get him and show him this thread.

Hey buddy, you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>36326680
Lucky you. I heard things aren't so horrendously expensive out there?
>>
>>36326436
>act like your doing a squat

Worst deadlift advice ever. Dint listen to this guy on form OP. But DL is fine, no need to be scared of it.
>>
>>36326695
Well it's the most expensive city in the world ofc but it's all right compared to central I guess. I grew up in Chelsea though so accustomed to a certain lifestyle lol
>>
>>36326550
>Thing is, I'm not as into the arse as most gym girls, I just want to be strong all over. I already row though.

If you want to be strong all over SS is your program. And squats and deadlifts are you lifts.
>>
>>36326600

tinytrip said it to a trap
>>
>>36326549
>>36326683

>i just found this board and started lifting a few weeks ago so pls guise don't tell me SS is bullshit i need to stay motivated so i can be buff like zyzz :'(
>>
>>36326600
>he thinks it was a girl
>not knowing it was tiny lusting after a trap
>>
>>36326718
lol I'm in Fulham so I can kinda see what life you're used to

>>36326748
>trap
lol even better. I always assumed it was a woman cause the boobs on the comic are censored.
>>
>>36326353
>>36326293
Super important question, if your brother were to post a picture of his body on this forum right now, would we have any respect for him at all? I.E. Does he even lift?

The answer to this is going to be no, and you shouldn't listen to someone who doesn't even lift. A lot of people who DO look like they lift are still fucking retarded when it comes to lifting and even more retarded when it comes to lifting and women.

The only things you should be aware of in SS is:
1) You likely will not be able to keep up with the progression scheme that Rippletits suggests. Going from a 45 lbs squat to a 315 lbs squat for a woman in 6-9 months would be ridiculous. Getting to 225x3x5 with good form for a woman is pretty fucking good as it is.
2) Don't even bother reading the nutrition section.

Obviously, pay attention to form. Don't bother asking your bro for advice or to watch your form. If there's no one local, feel free to record yourself and get online advice.
>>
>>36326293
>http://www.gymaholic.co/articles/workouts/35/women-workout-routine
ayy lmao. where do I even begin. this is so fucking bad.

>legit core day with 15 min cardio
a core day is a fucking waste of time if you dont have a deficit in the area (for having a deficit you would need some strength to start with, which you dont have as a beginner). the fact that it is 20 reps for the ab exercises instead of 12 or less makes me believe that the writer of the article believes in spot fat reduction.

putting that much work into your core is a waste of time if you do not need it for some very special reason.
problem number 2: it is a brosplit.
this is just a suboptimal way of training for a natty athlete. thats just how it is. in natty training, you want to hit muscles as often as possible while still giving it time to recover.

that means you should hit every muscle either 2 or 3 times a week, with 3 being far more optimal for a beginner (as a beginner, you can lift less and therefore recover faster).

this program hits every muscle just once per week, with butt being hit twice. SS hits legs 3x a week

problem 3) the exercise selection is atrocious.
"chest press machine". glute kickbacks. I dont think I have to say more.

I could probably find more problems, but I wont bother.

TLDR: this program is massive shit. do SS, add accesory lifts as soon as you leave the absolute beginner stage.
>>
>>36326718
>Well it's the most expensive city in the world ofc but it's all right compared to central I guess. I grew up in Chelsea though so accustomed to a certain lifestyle lol
Common misconception. Hong Kong and Monaco are actually more expensive, slightly.

Also Singapore can be more expensive then all of these under some circumstances (like you want to buy a car; fees and taxes will add more than a converted 100,000 USD to even the shittiest of shit cars).
>>
>>36326745
The only newfag DYEL here is you
>>
>>36326840
Oh yeah I think I heard that actually.
But at least they're tax havens, in London you spend all your money on rent and taxes and transport and drink and drugs and clubs and eugh but it's the only good city here
>>
>>36326293
What does SS stand for? I keep skimming the sticky.
>>
>>36326550
>I just want to be strong all over
SS + chinups/dips
>>
>>36326972
literally google "SS" and "weightlifting" or "workingout" or any relevent supplementary word and its the first result
>>
>>36326293
This is the kind of girl who'll fuck you and spend a great and hot night with you promising a bright future together then kill you in your sleep just to be your last moment.

Look at her eyes and tell me I'm wrong.
>>
File: ass routine.png (120 KB, 1129x421) Image search: [Google]
ass routine.png
120 KB, 1129x421
this is supposed to be ok. More full body than full glutes but looking like the girl on the right is a combination of genetics and low bodyfat, the routine you do only has minor impact
>>
>>36326668

Only if you pull with a cat back like a retard, or don't keep your core tight like a retard. Oh, wait.

>>36326745

>I got no gains on my shitty brosplit, surely SS would have just made me a fat T.Rex!
>>
>>36326668
Spotted the guy who ego lifts
>>
>>36326353
only one thing to do now, kill your brother
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.