[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will taking Xanax before or after my workout affect my workout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: UPJ00940.jpg (29 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
UPJ00940.jpg
29 KB, 288x216
Will taking Xanax before or after my workout affect my workout or recovery in a bad way? I have taken it before a workout before and I couldn't lift half my usual weight. Does it have any negative effects when it comes to bodybuilding?
>>
>>36324829

If you're having a panic attack take it. Otherwise don't.
>>
>>36324860
THIS

Do not fuck with benzos. Take them as you're supposed to, or don't.

Seriously, benzo withdrawl will kill your gains.
>>
>>36324962
Do you know what some of the withdrawals are like ?
>>
Will kill gains. Basically an alcohol pill but worse. Just don't. The withdrawal is real.
>>
I was talking 15mgs of kpin q day and my withdrawal put the heroin addicts in rehab to shame.
>>
>>36324829
I saw this story on reddit but I think it's worth posting here

>This morning I woke up naked inside of my dog's kennel covered in my own vomit and blood with no recollection of anything that happened. I checked my stash and all 20 bars were gone, I can only assume I ate them at some point. My text message history was full of me swearing and cursing out nearly everyone on my contacts list; various family members have been calling all today trying to figure out what happened to me and if I'm okay. I think I also might have a concussion (or at least a swollen lump on my head) and everything in my apartment is trashed. All my glassware is broken and dumped all over the kitchen, in the sink, on the floor, even in the refrigerator (which has been emptied with the food strewn all over the room). My friend says I told him to come over last night and then assaulted him when he got to my door so he immediately left.

This sort of thing isn't unheard of on xanax, I have a friend who's a doctor, he had what he thought was very little xanax on a night out. Turns out he just kept eating more and more of it without realizing it. He remembers waking up the next morning with all his shit in a plastic bag that had his name on it, turns out he freaked out in town and was put in lock up - no recollection at all. Luckily he had a sober friend with him who dealt with the police and took him home with no charges
>>
>>36325055
I'm not going to eat the whole bottle dude. I have it prescribed to me.
>>
>>36325106

Eat the bottom pussy.

Or mail it to me. Ill do it. Im a fucking fiend.

Had a seizure the first time i came off cold turkey 8mgs day for a few months. Not super bad though
>>
>>36325106
You aren't paying attention to him.
Xanax is one of those meds that fuck with consciousness and present memory. His story is not uncommon.

You think a prescription means its safe?
>>
>>36325147
Will withdrawal from 2mg a day be that bad?
>>
>>36324983

Dude you serious? Xanax is pharma grade shit with pharma grade sides. The ONLY thing that has similiar/worse withdrawal is probably hospital tier morphine which is basically impossible to get
>>
>>36325170

Probably not but youll be in an absolute horrid mood for a very long time. Like might hurt someone in the first few weeks. Id rather be dopesick honestly.

Not to mention if you quit cold turkey you can actually exacerbate any anxiety disorder you have exponentially. Its been years since i used benzos daily, and my brain is just now starting to get back to normal, as in not being jumpy over every little pindrop or shakey like michael j fox whenever i have to talk to someone for more than 60 seconds
>>
File: PuiPui01.png (178 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
PuiPui01.png
178 KB, 512x384
>Getting laser eye surgery in two weeks
>They tell me "don't worry, we have Xanax if you get anxious."
>Have never really research the drug before
>Read the stories in this thread

You guys have me slightly concerned.
>>
>>36325301

Prolonged use son. Theyll probably just iv you woth some clonazepam or somethinf
>>
Don't fuck with benzos, they are worse than that haron dawg.
>>
>>36325208
Can confirm. Been thru xany withdrawal and went damn near insane. Currently going thru Klonopin withdrawal.
>>
>>36325301
>laser eye surgery
Enjoy your dry eye syndrome.
>>
>>36325301
The fuck?

Lol I took Xanax every day for about a month while abroad when I was 16 and never became addicted. I think for one treatment you'll be OKAY
>>
>>36325001
Bro, going thru 5mg kpin w/d RN, not dead.

Started taking 5mg a day with no tolerance last month. Lord .

I swear to god Klonopin makes me almost cheat on my woman
>>
>>36325301

I had LASIK done in Oct. They give you like .5mg which is a super low dose, and it's only there as placebo mostly. If you're not anxious about it to begin with then you honestly don't need it.

For me I almost fell asleep during the second eye and caught my eyes trying to close lol
>>
>>36325170
2 a day quickly turns into 8mg man. Tolerance builds fast and it's easy to just eat another bar and forget about it. Also I've had buddies who've had seizures, crashed cars, and gone suicidal because of benzo abuse. It truly is a beast and idk why it's glorified it really isn't that fun. Still, it's huge at my college and everyone "just takes a bar" or "half a bar" when drinking and it gets out of control from there.
>>
>>36325170
2mg a day

Bro, lol. You Are in for an awful surprise
>>
>>36325301
You'll be fine. I used it once after a really crushing breakup. Made me not care for a couple hours and then have vivid relaxing dreams. No withdrawal at all but as I said, one and only one use
>>
>>36325415
Explain please.
>>
>>36325362
They're great for preventing seizures though I'll give them that.
>>
File: mad.gif (1014 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
1014 KB, 500x250
>>36324983
yea, you get seizures you stupid fuck. dont ask a Zimbabwean cartography forum whether or not you should be abusing benzos. figure it out yourself
>>
>>36325055
My father used to do shit like this for a long time. He finally got put into a psychiatric hospital for three weeks when he totalled his car, fought a cop and asked the cop to shoot him. Now his life is back on track.

Don't fuck around with benzos.
>>
>>36325301
Hi Cyclops
>>
>>36325106
As others are saying, Xanax is the only drug that I've forgotten I'd taken already and went to take another one. Luckily I'm not a fiend so I've (..usually) recalled in time that I HAD taken said drug, and that I was being forgetful. Benzo's fuck your short term memory super-goddamn-hard.
>>
>>36324829
Coming off pharms made me break down and cry like a little bitch so I'd suggest no
>>
>>36325208
Benzo withdrawals are far worse than morphine withdrawals m8
>>
>>36325106
>I'm not going to eat the whole bottle dude
Kek, famous last words
>>
I don't know man but you got to chill out and take a xanax or something
>>
Take Phenibut. L-theanine, GABA, or any GABAergic supplement. I used to take Xanax and the withdrawls are fucked up. Sometime you get rashes and hives. its not worth it. These supplements are better for treating anxiety
>>
>>36325208
is xanax withdrawal... a real thing? I've been taking it on and off for half my life, abusing it plenty of times. I never felt anything resembling "withdrawal"
>>
>>36324983
yeah, I used to be a fucking idiot hipster faggot freshman year of college and thought I was so cool because I had the "hookup for bars", it's all good fun until you run out and spend three days locked in your dorm room shaking uncontrollably, freezing but sweating, throwing up but cant eat, passing out randomly, only awake for three-four hours a day but feel tired constantly. Never fucking again will I touch a drug, three years sober now and never looking back.
Seriously if you do not need them, do not take them.
>>
>>36324860
>>36324962
Holy fuck OP
Listen to these good people, Ive seen to many people get completely fucked with xanax.

Too long on shit like lorazipam and you cant deal with real life without it. Jesus fucking christ op, take it as a last fucking resort or better yet not at all
>>
>>36324829
I take 5mg of valium when I get panic attacks and that can be up to two or three times a week. Ive been on it for about a year and if i dont get panicked for weeks at a time i have no problem not taking it for that long.
You will only get withdrawals if you take them all the time.
>>
The best thing you can do is just have the bottle in your gym bag but don't Xanax before lifting. It should relax you to know that it's always there
>>
>>36324829
Xanax is a fuckign retarded drug OP, stick to Weed and XTC
>>
>>36324829
>takes xanax before going to the gym
>falls asleep in the middle of his workout
Xanax ain't Amateur Night shit, kid.
Seriously, don't screw with Princess Xanax. She can be your best girlfriend ever, but if you piss her off, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
>>
>>36330226
>XTC
Underage b& rave babby detected
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.