[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>face pulls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1457545803349.jpg (61 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1457545803349.jpg
61 KB, 380x380
>face pulls
>>
>>36323761
i'll fuck your face faggot
>>
i agree

bent over dumbbell side raises are much better
>>
>>36323761
they are very poo ye
>>
>>36323761
why not?
legit curious, I thought they were supposed to be a great exercise
>>
>>36324579
doesn't train external rotation
>>
>>36324721
what the fuck? im trying to train rear delts, and it does that just fine
>>
>>36323761
le ebin trole

>>36324579
no they're not

>>36324640
it's either a troll or a retard

>>36324737
not as fine as facepulls
>>
training external rotation is an overrated meme
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mark-rippetoe/the-overhead-press_b_4550676.html

face pulls also put your shoulder at a potentially impinging position depending on the type of your acromion. they are safe for most people but you should be careful when starting doing them.
>>
>meme pulls
>>
What's the point if you're already doing rows?
>>
File: Ext-rotation-band.gif (6 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
Ext-rotation-band.gif
6 KB, 500x285
so, what should i do?

face pulls or the one in pic?

I use cables to do it, i think its pretty good but people keep talking to me about face pulls all the time
>>
>>36324778
better tell my PT that when I came to him with shoulder problems and he told me my external rotation was weak compared to my internal rotation, that I wouldn't fall for such an overrated meme
>>
>>36324825
you seriously think your PT knows shit?
>>
>>36324836
>PT with questionable training but still has education nonetheless
>anonymous memeposter linking to The Press on a scandinavian fish pickling forum
I wonder who he should listen to
>>
>>36324810
if you wanna do external rotations, do them with way less range of motion than the image you attached.

you should do them -10deg to +15deg, with 0 point at 45deg (arm straight ahead).
>>
>>36324858
if we're going the authority fallacy way, youre saying rippetoe and his friends totaling dozens of PhDs are inferior to some shitty PT education?
>>
Put the cable at like upper ab level for facepulls and you'll have 0 problems.
>>
Real talk brehs. I had many shoulder subloxations over the years eventually leading to labral repair. As a result of surgery and not following through with PT I have some very limited shoulder mobility particularly external rotation. Will I never pressing press the overhead press again?
>>
I'm just starting and i've been substituting for rear delt flyes
I can't get around to face pulls, and i feel retarded trying to learn with nobody to help
>>
>>36325017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFt0IECBwdo
>>
Facepulls always felt shite on my shoulders, but unilateral facepulls are awesome.
>>
>I've been doing facepulls at the triceps pushdown station this whole time
>>
I can't help but activate my upper traps while doing them.
How do i stop being shit at FP?
>>
>>36325184
Nothing wrong about that.
The whole trapezius does necessarily get used during facepulls and many other exercises too.
Just make sure you do them controlled, without swinging, without yanking hard at the start.
Also make sure your shoulder blades are moving naturally.
Retracting really hard is actually detrimental.
>>
>>36324778
>>36323761

What the fuck are you even talking about.

>training external rotation is an overrated meme

No, it literally is not. It is the very most commonly occuring predisposition for shoulder injury at the gym.

>>36325095
Face pulls are just good enough for me, but you are right -unilateral rock.

>>36325184
>>36325062
Try doing them on the pec cable machine. Like reverse flies, but with CABLE,not dumbbels.

HOLY.FUCK. They DO work.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.