[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only lower body exercises I do are squats and deadlifts.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: vkio;l.jpg (27 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
vkio;l.jpg
27 KB, 320x240
The only lower body exercises I do are squats and deadlifts.

Are these enough?
>>
How often do you do them?
>>
>>36323116
Bump for interest
>>
>>36323116

Yes.
>>
>>36323125
Every other day.

I lift every day. My routine looks like this:

A
Dumbbell/Barbell/Preacher curls 3x8
OHP 3x8
Dumbbell/Barbell rows 3x8
Bench 3x5

B
Squats/Deadlifts (alternating) 3x8 or 3x5 depending on weight.

This routine isn't strict, and I usually do other random exercises as well.
>>
>>36323116
Id add hamstring curls and weighted hypers just for the extra posterior chain gains, but other than that yea its enough
>>
>>36323116
not if you want a very high squat or deadlift or plan on doing any kind of powerlifting.

if your goal is to just get fit then by all means stick with just squats and deadlifts for legs,
>>
you dont get proper knee flexion from squats, even if they're low bar

direct hamstring work is necessary for knee health

even minimalist routines like SS add in posterior chain work like GHRs

add calf stuff if you dont want to look dyel in shorts

you also need to be doing dynamic 'core' work if you ever want to squat or deadlift heavy weights, but idk if you do it on upper body days
>>
>>36323835
I'm up to 4pl8 on deadlift but my squat is struggling. What are some good accessories for squat?
>>
>>36323992
Depends, do you do high bar or low bar?
>>
hyper extensions RDL or SLDL best for hamstrings?
>>
>>36323116
I like Romanian Deadlifts but they are a pain in the ass if you have tight hamstrings.
>>
>>36324006
High bar master race
>>
>>36324060
I've been doing those for my deadlift and it helped me go from 3.5pl8 to 4
>>
>>36323835
>you dont get proper knee flexion from squats, even if they're low bar
I thought your knees bent more on high bar. Especially if you use a narrow stance.
>>
>>36323116
for you
>>
>>36323992

1) If you're failing in or right out of hitting parallel, drop the weight and start doing ATG squats, it teaches you to stay tight at parallel.

2) If you're failing because you fold over during the squat (back isn't straight), do core workouts, especially weighted planks.

3) If neither of those is true, its because your quads are weak (comparatively) which they might be anyway. To fix this, start doing front squats. The best way to incorporate them is do 3x5 normal squats at 85% of your orm and then 3x5 front squats at slightly below your 85% orm, treating it as a 6x5 versus two seperate 3x5s.

Other general things if your form isn't good deload to fix your form and if you're currently doing 3x5 start doing 5x5 instead BEFORE incorporating front squats, upping the volume fixed stalling squat for me.
>>
>>36325932
He meant proper knee flexion under resistance.
>>
>>36327527
Hamstring curls aren't a natural movement though. I'm not convinced you need them for knee health.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.