[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really possible to catch Mono without kissing anyone? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: mono.png (170 KB, 500x517) Image search: [Google]
mono.png
170 KB, 500x517
Is it really possible to catch Mono without kissing anyone? I never even shared any cups/utensils with anyone. I volunteer at a homeless shelter every week, which would be the only place I could imagine that I could get it from, maybe some water when I cleaned splashed into my mouth or something lol,

-Noticed tonsils looking swollen with white spots on Friday
-Tonsils growing like 0.25inches every day
-Hurts like a bitch to swallow
-Swollen lymph nodes / some neck pain / occasional headaches
-No loss of appetite / excessive tiredness / fever / chills [maybe a little colder than normal??] /aches, as of now
-Got tonsils swabbed and Strep came back negative for the fast result
-Doc says I have to wait until end of week to get Mono test
>>
>>36321094
It's almost impossible to catch Mono without kissing. If you don't feel like death, you probably don't have it.
>>
My friend thinks she caught it from an uncleaned glass in a cafe. She's a doctor, so I assume it is possible. She was ill for a long time, better get it checked anon.
>>
>>36322965
>she
She lied. She probably caught it while twerking for a negro in some club.
>>
It infects through drop. Even doctors say it can infect by drinking of a infected persons glass. It doesn't matter if the drop came through kissing or smoking the same cigarette or whatever.. I have struggled with mono for over a year now and i'm still feeling like shit from time to time.. Damn this disease
>>
>>36324955
Same here senpai. Got it about 2 years ago, the fatigue never left
>>
>>36325020
I know right? The fatigue is the worst part.. and sometimes the sweat
>>
>>36321094
Yes it is. I caught it in fourth grade and to this day I'm a kissless virgin
>>
>>36324777
Yeah faggot she was twerking on my dick then
>>
>>36325377
Thats not the reason
>>
>>36325377
You probably shared food or drink with an infected person, right?

I'm so perplexed
>>
The best thing about mono is that there is no surefire treatment. Enjoy your mononucleosis.

Remember to use anesthesic mouth sprays to be able to eat anything without dying from pain
>>
Got it when I was 19 and I had only kissed 2 grills at that point and I hadn't kissed a girl for like a year when I got mono.
>>
Got it last week. Was hell, now I'm fine, no fatigue, no anything. Still can't lift for a month at least. I'm going crazy. Goodbye gains.
>>
Yes.

I got it once from dirty utensils in my uni's dining hall, hadn't kissed anyone during the entire incubation period or even shared a glass or bottle with my friends. I tested positive for it too so I'm 100% sure it was mono.

I had a bad case and mostly slept for about three weeks, couldn't lift for a month. As long as you eat enough to maintain your current weight you'll get your lost gains back in 2-3 weeks.
>>
Reporting in : I caught Mono without kissing. It is possible, yet highly unlikely.

We both just ran out of luck bro.
>>
I caught it without being with anyone in about 7 months, but I'm terribly immunocompromised, and I don't share food/drink with anyone because of it
>>
>>36326977
I got those whole milk + pb + whey + olive oil shakes on deck if things get worse.
>>
Medfag here.

It is possible that you kissed a carrier that is immune to Mono(infected in previous years) but still carries the disease.

Anyway, any saliva-related action can be the cause of it. Check your lymph nodes again after 2 days. Mostly on the neck and abdominal area. If the swelling persists, you prolly have Mono.
>>
>>36327211
How long does the tests for Mono take to bring back results?
>>
>>36327240

My tests took almost a week. But a lower body scan showed my enlarged spline, so my doctor told me with certainty in advance,
>>
>>36327353
spleen* wtf
>>
>>36327353
Fuaaark. Thanks brah.

Do you think it would be suicide to go on a trip w/ mono? I paid like $1500 for this shit lol
>>
>>36327353
Here in based America I got my test results for mono in the same visit as when I went to the doc.

But yeah it sounds like you have mono. Some people get off easy and get over it in a week. Most people though are fucked for a good 3-4 weeks. Symptoms vary greatly but are always a death sentence for gains. My cousin was hospitalized. My friend basically took a coma for a whole month only waking up to eat once a day. I need steroids and prescription cough medicine and couldn't sleep to save my life. And if you think dairy will save you it will only increase your mucus production. Say goodbye to your gains.
>>
>>36327453
I would say go fot it. Just protect your spleen at all costs. Internal bleedings are frequent with Mono and can be fatal.
>>
>>36322824
I caught mono without kissing someone, could barely get out of bed for almost 2 weeks, and lost 6kg in that time while feeling like absolute death

Not fun
>>
>>36327495
Smh if my tonsils weren't the size of softballs, I would be a fully functioning human right now.
Doc better give me some fucking steroids
>>
>>36324955
Fuckkkkk. What are your symptoms like?

I got it 5months ago (tested positive for monospot) My bloodwork and liver markers were all fucked but theyve since returned to normal.

My symptoms are total brain fog/fatigue, stomach pains, chest pain, back pain, cold all the time. How much longer do I have to endure this hell?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.